autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Patented UV Protection - Optimum Car Wax - by Dr. Ghodoussi at Autogeek.com

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    If this product is anything like Hyper polish it's going to be a star!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Already is a star, made the white paint on my daily really pop, which is quite difficult to pull off.

Patented UV Protection - Optimum Car Wax - by Dr. Ghodoussi at Autogeek.com-ocw1-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I’m on my second gallon of Optimum Car Wax and love it.

I usually use it while the panels are still wet with McKees rinseless W&W.

3. Likes DogRescuer, mwoywod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone use this stuff on top of mckees 360 ? I just want to know if they play well together or if I will have any issue with them. I only plan on the 360 twice a year maybe and then this stuff during maintenance washes once a month or every other month.

Post Thanks / Like

It'll be fine...

OCW plays well with others!!! grin...

Go for it....!

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

Post Thanks / Like

thanks. im just waiting for it to arrive. Looks to be perfect for me and this sun

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by yakky View Post

Love this stuff.

I used if for four straight years on my 2013 Wrangler. No base sealant, coating, nothing.

The paint looked perfect after four years, and the trim still looked brand new, unlike every other Wrangler.

Nice testimony.

Quote Originally Posted by yakky View Post

Not only is this stuff my go-to for a spray wax, it is the best trim treatment for hard black plastic.
    Perfect for many cars and lazy people.

Post Thanks / Like

I am confused now.. sorry, but I was under the impression that I can do a regular wash, spray a couple sprays on a panel, wipe it all around the panel and go on my way.. but I was reading that description in the AG Store and it mentions using a foam pad and buffer ?
    Do i have to use my d/a or can i apply by hand, and is it better to use foam pad or microfiber towel to wipe in to the panel ?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 01AUDI View Post

I am confused now.. sorry, but I was under the impression that I can do a regular wash, spray a couple sprays on a panel, wipe it all around the panel and go on my way..

but I was reading that description in the AG Store and it mentions using a foam pad and buffer ?

Do i have to use my d/a or can i apply by hand,

and is it better to use foam pad or microfiber towel to wipe in to the panel ?

All of the above is correct or okay to do.... depends on you, your skill level and what tools you have and what you want to accomplish.

I "think" this product was originally intended to be a spray on wax to a car that had been washed and dried and the paint was already in good condition. For this apply like a spray detailer, mist on, spread around with a micforiber towel then fold to a dry side of the towel (or switch to a dedicated dry wiping towel), and then wipe off excess and buff to a high shine.

The above is how I normally use it, that is like a spray detailer.

That said, I think it was Yvan Lacroix (or someone else), that found it worked great to use as a wax-as-you-dry type product. So wash and rinse off your car, then mist onto wet car and then dry car with microfiber chamois like the Guzzler or microfiber towels.

And "yes" you can apply it by machine. I tried this probably 6, 7 or 8 years ago and while it worked I wasn't a fan of the process. If you try, be sure to use a clean soft foam waxing pad and apply at low speed.

Post Thanks / Like

OK great, thanks a lot Mike !! I like how you explained it, I'll use it the same way with the folded towel method.
    Reading that description had me going for a minute! Ha

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 01AUDI View Post

OK great, thanks a lot Mike !! I like how you explained it, I'll use it the same way with the folded towel method.

Reading that description had me going for a minute!

Ha

The nice thing about this product is it's very simple. Spray-on, spread-around, wipe-off.

Repeat to all the horizontal surfaces after every wash to maintain UV protection to the max.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast