autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mike Phillips

Re: SCANGRIP Sunmatch Swirl Finder Light - Product Review by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post

I'm very happy PBMG decided to carry these lights. I bought one over a year ago and couldn't do a full correction without it.

I agree. It is an essential tool for a number of reasons,

1. Initial inspection WITH the customer.
    2. Secondary inspection anytime an issue comes up.
    3. Monitoring your progress
    4. Final inspection

It's great for doing a final inspection to make sure that your car is 100 percent defect free.

I agree.

Included with the definition of the word defect in my opinion not only means inspecting for the removal of defects (to your satisfaction), but also inspecting for

Smears or patches of wax or synthetic sealant not fully removed

High spots or excess residue from the application of and removal of paint coatings.

In my classes I stress the importance of doing the final inspection to check for smears or high spots by doing 4 things,

1: Move the car into a different position in your shop so light falls on it in new ways to help you to see things you may have missed.

2: Move the car outside into sunlight to help you to see things you may have missed.

3: Most important - Get a FRESH SET OF EYES to inspect your work. Because you've been looking at the car for hours you become snow blind or what I call shine blind! You too tired to accurately see the car and see what you've missed.

4: Get a kid to inspect your work. Adults are tall and look DOWN on the car. Kids are short and look UP at the car. They can often see things you missed simply due to their elevation.

The SCANGRIP Sunmatch EXCELS at this type of inspection work and will help to ensure an absolutely perfect finish before your customer sees the final results.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Toxix View Post

Notes on warranty on this unit anyone?

I'm not sure off-hand but I'll find out.

Good question.

Mike Phillips

I'm very happy PBMG decided to carry these lights. I bought one over a year ago and couldn't do a full correction without it.
    Good lighging is a must-have for doing pro-grade work.

It's great for doing a final inspection to make sure that your car is 100 percent defect free.

Speaking of final inspection, anyone installing ceramic coatings needs to have a great light.

Why?

It's much faster and easier to use the light to find high spots on vertical panels right after installation then to find them the next day after the coating has fully cured. Some coatings must be polished off and it's possible some coatings must be compounded off.

A good light and spending a little time inspecting will save you a lot of TIME and headaches.

Mike Phillips

Good lighting is a must-have for doing pro-grade work.

Speaking of final inspection, anyone installing ceramic coatings needs to have a great light.

Why?

It's much faster and easier to use the light to find high spots on vertical panels right after installation then to find them the next day after the coating has fully cured. Some coatings must be polished off and it's possible some coatings must be compounded off.

A good light and spending a little time inspecting will save you a lot of TIME and headaches.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345