autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: Dr. Beasley’s Matte Paint Coating by Mike Phillips

***Update***

Was over at my buddy Paul's shop over the weekend, the Duster was parked out front. Paul says it's been there for a while, not sure if that meant a few days or a few weeks. It's in for some clutch work I think?

Anyway, I took the time to take a look at the car and took these pictures with my iPhone camera.

First - Paul who is a professional car restorer, he told me he thinks the hood looks GREAT! And their shop painted it and he remembers what it looks like before it came to Autogeek. (It's been a few years since the entire car was painted including the matte finish paint on the hood).

Second - I thought it looked great. It's been Baking outside in SOUTH FLORIDA SUN and there's dirt spots on the coating (and the car) from the torrential rain we've had over the last few weeks. Miami was in the news because parts of Miami were flooded that's how much rain we've received.

One guy on Facebook, commented he didn't like it, said it was no longer matte. All I can say to him is,

You're not here. You're perfectly within your right to have an opinion after looking at the previous pictures I posted but... you're not here.

Standing in front of the car both BEFORE I detailed and after and I'm telling you the MATTE finish on this car looks GREAT!

I don't waste any time discussing anything with anyone on Facebook, it's always a waste of time.

Anyways... here's the pictures I took and even with dirt on the car and after sitting outside in the sun and rain for at least days and probably weeks, the matte finish still looks GREAT and it looks matte.

Here's what I call the frame-up shot, this frames of the car to show you where it's parked outside.

It's about 3:30pm and the sun is going down in the horizon, it's also behind my back as I take this shot....

Here you can see a dirt film building up on the hood and actually the entire car...

And here's the swirl-free paint after sanding and buffing using the Makita PO500C and SONAX products....

Post Thanks / Like

The above pictures look great(minus the dirt buildup )

In natural light it photographed well!!!

Back to the product, Mike. Do you know if it hydrophobic and if so does it cause water to bead on the matte finish. With so many vehicles having matte looks now it may be worth keeping this onhand. TIA
    Jim

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post

Do you know if it hydrophobic and if so does it cause water to bead on the matte finish.

With so many vehicles having matte looks now it may be worth keeping this on hand.

TIA

Don't know about the hydrophobic properties as I have not tested. My guess is yes.

Although I've already packed for the Wisconsin Roadshow Class I am going to take with me a bottle of Dr. Beasley's Matte Paint Coating as we picked up this car for the class today.

Cars for the Wisconsin RoadShow Class!

Post Thanks / Like

Yup looks much better now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Continued....

The money shots...

Note: Always take great before shots otherwise your after shots have so little value....

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

Review and comments...

Anyone that knows anything about working on matte paint or matte vinyl graphics knows that if you don't know what you're doing or use the wrong product you can destroy the surface. Even when I work on other people's cars with these types of finishes I find myself feeling apprehensive because it's one thing to screw up your own car it's a completely different thing to screw up someone else's car.

Dr. Beasley's = No Worries

I found this product super simple to work with, even when using it my own way. It applied easy, wiped off easy and left a GREAT looking finish. There was never anything difficult or risky about using this product. The key of course is the prep work and if you're working on a car with a matte finish and you don't know how to go about properly cleaning and preparing the surface for Dr. Beasley's Matte Paint Coating then if you're serious, all you have to do is join this forum and start a thread asking for help and myself and the rest of our stellar members will be glad to help you. If you're not serious then.... good luck with that...

I whole-heartedly recommend Dr. Beasley's Matte Paint Coating.

Get yours on Autogeek.com

Dr. Beasley's Matte Paint Coating

All Dr. Beasley's Car Care products

Dr. Beasley's - Rocking the hood on this 1971 Duster

You got me bought on this product mike.Renntech called me and they have a 2018 Mercedes g wagon.They are doing a study on this vehicle supposedly this thing is 200k.Its black frozen matte paint .While on the phone with the service writer I mentioned Dr beasly. Comes in 2oz or 4 0z wondering if I can get buy with 2oz.Were gonna buy the whole system from the tires to cleaner for paint and coating.In 2 weeks I will have it.Thanks for the reassurance insurance if your happy with the product.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post

You got me bought on this product mike.

Renntech called me and they have a 2018 Mercedes g wagon.They are doing a study on this vehicle supposedly this thing is 200k.Its black frozen matte paint .

While on the phone with the service writer I mentioned Dr beasly. Comes in 2oz or 4 0z wondering if I can get buy with 2oz.Were gonna buy the whole system from the tires to cleaner for paint and coating.

In 2 weeks I will have it.Thanks for the reassurance insurance if your happy with the product.

Looking forward to how this project goes Jeff.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So what happens after the 1 to 3 years? Nothing lasts forever & it's not like you can just polish it off matte and remove it like you can on standard paint without changing the looks.
    I have a friend that just got a new car matte painted and it came with the Dr. Matte Kit. As with most ceramic coatings at some point in time something could happen scratches or whatever or the end of life past the covered warranted time 1 to 3 years, so what happens after? is there a safe way to remove it or do you just recoat on top of the damaged or failed coating?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123