autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Detailing a beater! - 1972 Buick Riviera Boattail - Review: Lake Country Force Hybrid Foam Pads

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    I've tried the new force pads and like them all, except for the grey pad. It's WAY to stiff. Makes the user experience unpleasant with the 3401, IMO.

Car looks much better now.

That was my experience. The grey pad is stiff as a board. Reminds me if the RUPES UHS pads.

I like the ThinPro grey pads for when you need serious cutting out of 8mm free spinning tools but I'll need to spend some more time with the much thicker grey Force pad to find out it's best use.

Dave Patterson from Lake Country will be here as my VIP Guest Instructor for my May Class and we'll be using the Force pads in this class. So everyone needs to stay tuned for more info. I'm not sure which car we'll be using the FLEX 3401; I have not put together a story board for the cars yet.

Maybe one of these...

Training Cars for the May 2017 Competition Ready Detailing Class here at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida

1958 Dodge Sweptside Pickup KUSTOM

This Kustom truck has a modern 360 V8

1939 Dodge 5-Window Coupe

This hotrod is sporting a big block 440 with dual quads

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing a beater! - 1972 Buick Riviera Boattail - Review: Lake Country Force Hybrid Foam Pads

Mike, were you able to buff those "textured" and "rusted" areas with the HD Speed without leaving (visible) residue on those surfaces? I know everybody raves about HD Speed, but I've never used it and it's hard for me to imagine any polish product not being problematic on those textures.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet rides!

I think the grey force pads are even stiffer than the UHS pads because they're less porous.

Anyhow, thanks again Mike for all your hard working teaching the detailing community how it's supposed to be done!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    I've tried the new force pads and like them all, except for the grey pad. It's WAY to stiff. Makes the user experience unpleasant with the 3401, IMO.
    Agree. I have 3 that are just sitting in my cabinet as I can't stand them. I've moved to MF and Wool for heavy correction needs and to speed through compounding.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Great job, cant wait to try the new pads, im sold, they will be on my next order, great article Mike thank you 4 sharing

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post

Mike, were you able to buff those "textured" and "rusted" areas with the HD Speed without leaving (visible) residue on those surfaces?

I know everybody raves about HD Speed, but I've never used it and it's hard for me to imagine any polish product not being problematic on those textures.

Yes.

I buffed HARD - as in I punished the paint with the FLEX 3401, the pads and Speed.

Then I wiped off thoroughly, and any texted area I wiped off really good.

She looks good. She's out in the garage till next week so I can monitor the results and check to see if any residue turns white but so far no problemo...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    Agree. I have 3 that are just sitting in my cabinet as I can't stand them. I've moved to MF and Wool for heavy correction needs and to speed through compounding.
    Exactly my thoughts and process. I use the new LC wool pads for compounding with my 3401 and MF cutting pads with my 21mm & 15mm.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Yes.

I buffed HARD - as in I punished the paint with the FLEX 3401, the pads

Interesting you mention that. At times, I haven't been able to get the cut I want from the 3401. Lately, I've really up'd the pressure and the results are much better. Can't beat the forced rotation for this.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    She looks good. She's out in the garage till next week so I can monitor the results and check to see if any residue turns white but so far no problemo...
    Wow--great result!

Post Thanks / Like

Great work as always. So the LC Force Hybrid pads have replaced the older Hybrid pads that work so well on the Flex 3401?

David

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast