autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SCANGRIP Sunmatch - Showing Wet Sanding Scratches and Holograms

Very interesting. Great observation and wonder how this compares to the Flex light I use ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dandy98 View Post
    Very interesting. Great observation and wonder how this compares to the Flex light I use ?
    If you are talking about the Flex Pen Light, I believe the Flex, Rupes, and Scangrip pen lights are virtually all the same. They all have the same body and construction. The Flex and Rupes pen lights if i remember correctly are red anodized, while the Scangrip pen light is black anodized.

The Scangrip Pocket Light that Mike is using here is a large step up from the pen lights. It also has two different brightness settings. Scangrip's Stand Light is an even bigger step up and even more awesome.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post

Looks like that light shows the defects much better than the Brinkman.

Yes.

In fact I made a point to share my experience about the Brinkmann light compared to this SCANGRIP Sunmatch light in my review here,

SCANGRIP Sunmatch Swirl Finder Light - Product Review by Mike Phillips

Since many people that will read this thread into the future may not have ever even heard of a Brinkman Swirl Finder Light, I wanted to include it in my review because this SCANGRIP Sunmatch light is the first swirl finder light that's come along since the year 2006, (that's 11 years as I type this), that impressed me.

So for anyone reading this into the future, Id' recommend clicking the link above and reading the first post for historical context. Plus the three features I look for in a swirl finder light, not just one feature, the ability to reveal swirls.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post

That Vette is going to look amazing after its transformed.

This project is to tackle a number of things,

1: Take care of my good friend Jim and the West Palm Beach Camaro Club.

2: Get pictures for my RUPES class at Mobile Tech Expo with Jason Rose at RUPES.

3: Get pictures of Gyeon products for my class at Mobile Tech Expo with Jeff McEachran at Gyeon.

Mobile Tech Expo 2017 - Classes this year

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

This project is to tackle a number of things,

1: Take care of my good friend Jim and the West Palm Beach Camaro Club.

2: Get pictures for my RUPES class at Mobile Tech Expo with Jason Rose at RUPES.

3: Get pictures of Gyeon products for my class at Mobile Tech Expo with Jeff McEachran at Gyeon.

Mobile Tech Expo 2017 - Classes this year

Oh yeah... forgot number 4

New tool testing

Post Thanks / Like

Just got my sunmatch from AG. Damn, this thing is much more heavy duty/beefy than I thought! The light source is awesome, too! How long should a full charge last? It had 4 bars when I took it out of the box. I used it for just a bit and it QUICKLY went down to 2 bars. I then charged it to a full 5 bars, but haven't used it since.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 3 light kit in my arsenal and they are absolutely amazing... just waiting to pick up the stand.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post

How long should a full charge last? It had 4 bars when I took it out of the box.

I used it for just a bit and it QUICKLY went down to 2 bars.

I then charged it to a full 5 bars, but haven't used it since.

Great question Mark. Thank you for bringing up this topic.

I cover this topic in my review. In fact, my normal writing style is go IN-DEPTH and cover all possible topics and especially anytime rechargeable batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips

Before using, charge the unit to 100% charge. The SCANGRIP Sunmatch Swirl Finder Light has a built-in process that automatically stops charging the light after full charge to avoid damage and overheating.

For everyone reading this into the future,

And you can get yours here...

On Autogeek.com

SCANGRIP Sunmatch Swirl Finder Light

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Great question Mark. Thank you for bringing up this topic.

I cover this topic in my review. In fact, my normal writing style is go IN-DEPTH and cover all possible topics and especially anytime rechargeable batteries.

For everyone reading this into the future,

And you can get yours here...

On Autogeek.com

SCANGRIP Sunmatch Swirl Finder Light

Thanks, Mike. There was a little pamphlet that came with the light that said it won't fully charge the first two or three times. That really through me off. After using it for just a few minutes, I put it on the charger and it charged 5 bars.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post

Thanks, Mike. There was a little pamphlet that came with the light that said it won't fully charge the first two or three times. That really through me off. After using it for just a few minutes, I put it on the charger and it charged 5 bars.

I think I found the directions a little confusing too... and most of us want to get the initial charge to or rechargeable tools right the first time.

If I could write the directions for tool use for companies I'd gladly do it.

Guido Valentini told me he wanted me to write the how-to book for the RUPES iBrid Nano 2 SEMA's ago when they were announced. I was excited to be asked by the President of RUPES to do this project. Never heard from him or anyone after that.

First time I opened a RUPES iBrid Nano I read the paper that came with it and ended up writing 2-3 new articles to fill in the voids.

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Great point.

Case in point. I finished correction on a Mustang last night. I wanted to coat it before bed so it could cure all night instead of the next morning. I thoroughly checked it over with my led headlamp and again with my Scangrip. When I pulled it outside this morning, no high spots or any areas to address. The customer just picked it up, and it was super cloudy. Luckily, I had shown him the true condition with the light before when we met for consultation. I was able to show him what it looked like now with the light. He was amazed,
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast