autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: Blackfire Carpet and Upholstery by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by crovello View Post

Great job Mike but I wonder what results you could get without the steam upholstery machine. The rugs in my BMW need attention but i don't do this for a living and cant justify spending over a grand to clean my carpets. I will try agitating the carpet with my orbital.
    If you watch the video you will see I demonstrated using the normal technique for those without an extractor and that is to RUB and BLOT out the liquid mess using a simple, clean terry cloth towel.

Here's screenshots from the video - the video is the real deal, by this I mean... if you don't have an extractor... that's how it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by crovello View Post

I am hoping I can achieve decent results with just a good carpet cleaner combined with machine agitation.

I have used some carpet cleaners with a hand brush with less then great results. Also they don't smell great.

really appreciate the reviews you post.

Dave
    For floor mats, remove clean and rinse off using garden hose. Just find a way to hang horizontal so water will drip out via gravity.

If it's a "chunk" of carpet in the car, then outside of removing the seats and removing the carpet, there's only so much you can do.

Another option, one that I've used, take your car to a pro detailer that has an extractor and simply pay them to clean your carpets. If they have a good reputation it's pretty safe. It's not like turning your perfect paint over to a hack detailer with a wool pad and a rotary buffer to machine apply a wax.

2. Likes Aaryn NZ, axel06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well thats a great review!

Nice one Mike!

As you know - My bread & butter is production detailing & carpet cleaning is a major part of what I do. Kiwi folk aren't very proactive, we tend to be more on the reactive side of life & this means I see a whole lot of DIRTY carpet.

Now as much as I know the Blackfire Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner is a first rate product, I simply couldn't afford to ship it all the way down here to New Zealand. Now, something else I do know is - when I came over attended your class back in Jan 2015 I had the opportunity to try out the Cyclo Brush Attachments in a proper detailing situation (Because thats how Mike Phillips rolls) & I could not wait to get home & place an order for these Cyclo Polisher Brushes turn your Cyclo Orbital Polisher & put them to work in our shop. I assure anyone who cleans carpet & upholstery on a regular basis & you don't already use these Brush Attachments, you're missing out. Using these is a night & day experience.

Outstanding review Mike, thank you!

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

As you know - My bread & butter is production detailing & carpet cleaning is a major part of what I do. Kiwi folk aren't very proactive, we tend to be more on the reactive side of life & this means I see a whole lot of DIRTY carpet.

Now as much as I know the Blackfire Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner is a first rate product, I simply couldn't afford to ship it all the way down here to New Zealand.

Now, something else I do know is - when I came over attended your class back in Jan 2015 I had the opportunity to try out the Cyclo Brush Attachments in a proper detailing situation (Because thats how Mike Phillips rolls) & I could not wait to get home & place an order for these Cyclo Polisher Brushes turn your Cyclo Orbital Polisher & put them to work in our shop.

I assure anyone who cleans carpet & upholstery on a regular basis & you don't already use these Brush Attachments, you're missing out. Using these is a night & day experience.

Aaryn NZ.

Hi Aaryn,

Don't you have some pictures showing just how much your brushes have worn down but are continued to be used?

If so could you cyber-dig them up and share them in this thread?

5. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Hi Aaryn,

Don't you have some pictures showing just how much your brushes have worn down but are continued to be used?

Yeah, I remember those pictures. Something about them lasting a long time, and being a worth while investment?

I'll definitely look into getting some of those brushes (closer to summer time, though)

Thanks for the great review, Mike

7. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Hi Aaryn,

Sure do Mike,

These Cyclo Brush Attachments have to be one of the best investments made in a shop situation. Carpet & Upholstery scrubbing/cleaning isn't the same without them.

The worn brush had almost two years of scrubbing on it at this point. And I would imagine I could only count how many days it wouldn't have been used by using only my fingers. Mike Phillips has a saying about "quality tools don't cost money, they make you money" & in this instance - these Cyclo Brush Attachments do just that!

And here is the link to my post about them.

Hard working tool!

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

9. Thanks mwoywod, axel06 thanked for this post
    Likes mwoywod, axel06 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

One word....

Incredible

Now that's what I call getting your money's worth...

11. Likes JustJesus, Aaryn NZ, axel06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Effectively - $20.00 for 24 months of use. $0.83 per month. If this tool made your life easier, it's a no brainer. If it allows you to do a better job, it's a no brainer. If it does both, how could I NOT buy a couple! My next few orders I am going to add a set to accumulate at least three of the colors.

So glad you posted this!

And to take my math a bit further - If you use this 10 times per month, it's less than ten cents per use. Cost is so low, you can't even add it to your cost of goods for a detail!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12