autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips

I don't know about the years you did on either truck but my gm has alot harder paint than a dodge of similar years give or take a few. As far as new trucks I couldn't tell ya

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
    I see that Mike used an orange pad (not sure what that is---Thin pro orange cutting pad?).

Tom
    6.5" Griot's BOSS Cutting pad

3. Thanks TMQ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    6.5" Griot's BOSS Cutting pad
    Thanks...

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

5. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Mike Phillips

***Bump***

Who's tired this new AIO?

What did you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    ***Bump***

Who's tired this new AIO?

What did you think?

Well, I've already shared my experience in other threads but I absolutely love it! When looking for a 1-step cleaner wax I tend to compare everything to my current favorite AIO which is HD Speed.

What I expect in an AIO cleaner wax is a product that dramatically increases gloss and slickness, is easy to use on soft and hard paint, is easy to remove, is trim friendly, works well with many different pads, and is an excellent value.

While I haven't had the chance to test the durability of BF 1-step I was pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't at all similar to Menzerna 3n1 in the sense that it doesn't leave behind a ton of residual oils that are difficult to remove. What I love already about BF 1-step is that it provides a little more cut than HD Speed and it works GREAT with microfiber and foam.

Another point I think is worth mentioning is that it's heavily lubricated and works well with a long-throw polisher and the additionally heat associated with larger stroke machines.

I know some guys like Mckee's 360 & Meg's D166 because there is very little product to buff off with a microfiber towel. They sort of melt into the paint and don't leave an even transparent film across the surface like HD Speed and Blackfire 1-step do. Personally I prefer the latter.

Only negative is that BF 1-step is not quite as good of value as HD Speed but a little goes a long way so I personally can justify the added cost.

8. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    Well, I've already shared my experience in other threads but I absolutely love it! When looking for a 1-step cleaner wax I tend to compare everything to my current favorite AIO which is HD Speed.

What I expect in an AIO cleaner wax is a product that dramatically increases gloss and slickness, is easy to use on soft and hard paint, is easy to remove, is trim friendly, works well with many different pads, and is an excellent value.

While I haven't had the chance to test the durability of BF 1-step I was pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't at all similar to Menzerna 3n1 in the sense that it doesn't leave behind a ton of residual oils that are difficult to remove. What I love already about BF 1-step is that it provides a little more cut than HD Speed and it works GREAT with microfiber and foam.

Another point I think is worth mentioning is that it's heavily lubricated and works well with a long-throw polisher and the additionally heat associated with larger stroke machines.

I know some guys like Mckee's 360 & Meg's D166 because there is very little product to buff off with a microfiber towel. They sort of melt into the paint and don't leave an even transparent film across the surface like HD Speed and Blackfire 1-step do. Personally I prefer latter.

Only negative is that BF 1-step is not quite as good of value as HD Speed but a little goes a long way so I personally can justify the added cost.
    Excellent read and information!

Book marking this as ref info for myself.

Thanks for your input.

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

10. Thanks Dan Tran thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just used it on my roof and it worked great. It buffs off so easy once you break the film you don't even need to do a 2nd pass with a clean. All the residue comes up the first time

12. Likes mwoywod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

Just want to let you know that I will be polishing out a crazy purple Hellcat soon once I get over this nasty cold I have.

Plan is to use the whole Blackfire line from start to end just because I can.

1. Blackfire Compound
    2. Blackfire polish
    3. Blackfire sealant
    4. Topped off with BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste. (Wet Ice over Fire)

Hope this will give this purple Hell kitty some purple punch!

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post

I know some guys like Mckee's 360 & Meg's D166 because there is very little product to buff off with a microfiber towel. They sort of melt into the paint and don't leave an even transparent film across the surface like HD Speed and Blackfire 1-step do. Personally I prefer the latter.

Thank you for sharing.

For those reading this into the future, if you don't own BLACKFIRE One Step, I highly recommend getting some. It is an awesome one-step cleaner/wax.

1. Excellent correction
    2. Incredibly long buffing cycle
    3. Super easy wipe-off
    4. Show car results
    5. Works with anything, even the human hand

15. Likes FrankS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There goes another $30

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast