autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW Cordless FLEX Tools at Autogeek Rotary and Orbital Polishers

These look really cool. Battery technology has come a long way, since a few years ago. I suspect the reason they give you 2 batteries is because you can work with one, while charging the other. This way, when one is done, switch out the fresh one, and put the spent one on the charger. Since they take the same amount of time (approximately) to charge/discharge, it should be pretty easy to use one machine for a fair amount of time, provided you have access to a power outlet.

Will be cool to see the full review.
    Like music? Take a listen to mine - https://open.spotify.com/artist/7pWqQ66bxR8J8IYGQPQXrD

Post Thanks / Like

I tried these out at SEMA and they work really well. Smooth, plenty powerful and well balanced. The only major drawback is they are HEAVY. There is simply no way around that. Working on a horizontal panel, probably no issue, but on a vertical panel, I could see using this being tiring compared to a tool without a heavy battery.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post

I tried these out at SEMA and they work really well. Smooth, plenty powerful and well balanced. The only major drawback is they are HEAVY. There is simply no way around that. Working on a horizontal panel, probably no issue, but on a vertical panel, I could see using this being tiring compared to a tool without a heavy battery.

I actually think they weigh as much as their coded counterparts.

I'll get a scale and weigh both versions, (corded and cordless), and post the weights.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I actually think they weigh as much as their coded counterparts.

I'll get a scale and weigh both versions, (corded and cordless), and post the weights.

Well I got scrawny arms...although Im working on it

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike,

Fantastic write up my friend. I look forward to reading a full blown review once you put these beauties through their paces on a proper detail. I would quite like one of each of the three . . . My bank account may disagree but hey - quality tools don’t cost you money, they make you money aye Mike!

Now, here is my question, & it may be a super simple answer but I don’t know it.

Q. Does it matter about the whole 230v situation in regards to these being battery? I know obviously somehow the charging station can’t simply be plugged into the mains down here with us being 230v but does anyone know the “ins & outs” of this dilemma for me please?

I would guess that us folks in New Zealand won’t see these as a domestically available tool so I would have to source these from overseas.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

I had a chance to get my hands on these at the Colorado Roadshow class, and they felt and worked great! Took sanding marks out, with no hesitation.

I'd say they would work great for paint correction, maybe in areas where a cord can be a bit of a pain to keep away from the paint, like maybe the roof of a truck, or SUV.
    2018 Black on Black Subaru WRX - 2015 White on Black Jeep JKUR
    2002 Yellow GMC Sonoma - 1968 Go Mango Plymouth Roadrunner

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

Hey Mike,

Fantastic write up my friend. I look forward to reading a full blown review once you put these beauties through their paces on a proper detail. I would quite like one of each of the three . . . My bank account may disagree but hey - quality tools don’t cost you money, they make you money aye Mike!
    I agree. That's a saying I learned at HP

Quality doesn't cost you money.... it makes you money...

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

Now, here is my question, & it may be a super simple answer but I don’t know it.

Q. Does it matter about the whole 230v situation in regards to these being battery? I know obviously somehow the charging station can’t simply be plugged into the mains down here with us being 230v but does anyone know the “ins & outs” of this dilemma for me please?
    Great question and one that's out of the range of my knowledge base.

Next time I speak with someone at FLEX I'll try to remember to ask this questions and then update this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Two_6s View Post

I had a chance to get my hands on these at the Colorado Roadshow class, and they felt and worked great! Took sanding marks out, with no hesitation.

I'd say they would work great for paint correction, maybe in areas where a cord can be a bit of a pain to keep away from the paint, like maybe the roof of a truck, or SUV.

I think where the cordless FLEX rotary is going to shine is with small wool pads. I think Dave Patterson is working on such animals at LC

9. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Since germany is the home of Flex I would think that 230v charger will be available also. A charger can even handle 110v and 230v sometimes so the right fitting to your outlet will be necessary. We will have to see how they manufactures the charger when it's coming out. Or if Mike can get the answers to it

11. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike any idea when pricing for the cordless rotary and cordless orbital polishers will be released and when pre-orders will start?
    Bill Strobel
    Owner Independent Towing & Repair
    Fayetteville, NC
    Do It Right or Don't Do It At All

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast