autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: i found this polisher at the store ,what products you recomend for low budget,

I made one of my purchases through Amazon. Turned out well because I got a code for free shipping from Autogeek that is reusble. Used it a few times since.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: i found this polisher at the store ,what products you recomend for low budget,

Thanks for this Mike! This answered a lot for myself that is in a very similar situation. I always try to research before I ask a question/start a thread because I am on other forums for other interests and so many times people sign up and start asking things that can easily be found/answered by using the search function. I'm actually guilty of PM'ing you asking your opinion on something when I should have put it in the ask Mike section.

I think this should be made into a sticky. It answers so much for the first timer.

Also, I wasn't a customer when I first signed up (but planned on ordering) but I am now and I can't think anywhere else I would want to purchase from. Great customer service and best prices around.

Thanks again Mike for all your hard work!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I know you are doing this to be nice to this guy, but it's also good business. I've tried the HF backing plate in an emergency, got some pads with it, they were horrendous. So while the HF machine is apparently serviceable, customers have to go elsewhere for pads and product. Let this guy have his HF machine, sell him pads and products, you'll do well. I know I have spent a lot more on pads and products than on machines in my lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

It always impresses me how detailed your responses are. Your passion for the detailing profession and sharing/teaching is evident in this forum. I spend way too much time on AGO, but enjoy the discussions at times more than the art of detailing. Thanks for all the hard work and time keeping us informed.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

That group of posts that Mike just strung together is what just about anyone can read to get started.
    I think I might have actually read ALL of the threads here and many others else where before I two stepped my car.

I also bought the Harbor Freight DA and it did a fine job.
    It is nowhere as good as many of the more powerful or smoother professional units but using UC, UP and topping with Collinite 845 did wonders for removing years of previous owner and dealership abuse. She isn't a show car but that is ok, I drive her every day.

Now I have read some of Mikes books, attended a 3 day class and stepped up to a Flex just because I got my hand on one to play with at class.

Mike, once again, over delivering so we know what we are doing.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I used to work for harbor freight in a senior level position and had vast exposure to their quality assurance. Some of their products were well engineered, well tested, and as good or better than competition ie. the premium jacks and tool cabinets. The dual action polisher was NOT one of those products and I would recommend people not use it.

While I'm usually all about saving some money, I have to strongly suggest that people buy the porter cable from autogeek and NOT the harbor freight dual action polisher.

Kind of a waste to over analyze the polish you are buying, but then use a machine that could potentially destroy your paint. Autogeek has the best price around I've see for the porter cable and that is the one to get; at least for a non pro.

Mike Phillips

***Update***

The guy that sent me his questions via a message on Facebook and via e-mail and also posted his same questions to the AG D101 FB Page sent me this...

Thanks so much ,now i can buy my backing plate and my pads and cutting compound and polishes and wax!

Juan

Good to hear he's on his way to detailing his own cars and if he follows the path that most people do then he'll be detailing cars part time for money in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Detailing is like tattoos...addictive as he--! Another one is caught...hook, line, & sinker. Lol.

Next he will be buying a Rupes/flex, GG21 or who knows what lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by adamgayton81 View Post

Detailing is like tattoos...addictive as he--! Another one is caught...hook, line, & sinker. Lol.

Next he will be buying a Rupes/flex, GG21 or who knows what lol.

That is the normal path most people end up walking down once they get started....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12