autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's BOSS G10 Pneumatic Polisher - Air powered 10mm dual action polisher!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    I thought the same thing and then I read the owners manual. On the inside of the first page it specifically states this tool is not for sanding or grinding but for the sole purpose of compounding, polishing and waxing paint.

Could be a bubba-proofing disclaimer because there's a lot of bubbas in the world but if we go by the manufacturer's statement it's not for machine sanding.

My guess is it would work just fine especially with high grit discs like Mirka Abralon #3000 and #4000 and 3M Trizact #3000 and #5000

Note Mike Phillips isn't suggesting this tool be used like this just hypothetically thinking out loud as that's what detailers do.

The G10 is stated for polishing only, as there are safety precautions required for sanding that complicate the launch of tools.

3M recommends 5/16" throw for Trizact. I've tested the G10 3/8" -10mm throw with Trizact and Mirka. It performs well. As long as one follows the recommended safety precautions and protection recommended by their abrasive mfg, it is ok to you the G10 for sanding
    Jeff from Griot's Garage- Product Developer
    Car Care for the Perfectionist

Mike Phillips

Re: Griot's BOSS G10 Pneumatic Polisher - Air powered 10mm dual action polisher!

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post

Mike

Thank you for the good words.

This is just a sign of many things to come. We've got our foot on the gas and will continue to bring exciting new products to give Detailer's killer results and a little more energy to bring home to their families.

Jeff
    Thanks for chiming in Jeff and I loved this tool.

I'm pretty sure you've been around long enough to remember the first attempts at polishing paint using an air powered DA sander?

The history behind polishing paint with a DA Polisher

This new tool Griot's has introduced is the real deal.

Super Member Caleb@ImpeccableImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    The G10 is stated for polishing only, as there are safety precautions required for sanding that complicate the launch of tools.

3M recommends 5/16" throw for Trizact. I've tested the G10 3/8" -10mm throw with Trizact and Mirka. It performs well. As long as one follows the recommended safety precautions and protection recommended by their abrasive mfg, it is ok to you the G10 for sanding
    Are there any plans in Griots future for an updated 3" dedicated machine like the Rupes LHR75E?

Post Thanks / Like

I have been eyeballing this machine and now you've sealed the deal for me Mike. No pun intended.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    This new tool Griot's has introduced is the real deal.
    as is the GG6, G15 and G21...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

what are the air requirements for this tool? If my compressor now can handle the lhr75 would it be able to handle the g10?

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kwwhite1 View Post
    what are the air requirements for this tool? If my compressor now can handle the lhr75 would it be able to handle the g10?
    2 cfm at 90 psi, so yes it would be able to handle it if you're currently running a lhr75.

Post Thanks / Like

Bump
    Never realized the CFM requirements were so low
    May be adding another Griot to my lineup

9. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know you said it's powerful. How's the stalling on curves relative to something like the GG6?
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12