autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Garage NEW BOSS Paint Polishing System

All products have prices listed on their pages

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to to a downer, but this is exactly what I expected...a Chinese Rupes. Relabeled Maxshine that has been on eBay for ever. Just shop on Alibaba for the next great polisher. AG just needs to drop Rupes. I feel for their company. Everyone here railed against Maxshine, now we can buy a Maxshine competitor? Duplication. Now I don't trust ant Griots products. I apologize if I upset AG or any potential buyers, but this is a forum and this is my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

As I was only expecting A polisher, all I can say is WOW. They weren't kidding when they were hinting at a major announcement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I hate to to a downer, but this is exactly what I expected...a Chinese Rupes. Relabeled Maxshine that has been on eBay for ever. Just shop on Alibaba for the next great polisher. AG just needs to drop Rupes. I feel for their company. Everyone here railed against Maxshine, now we can buy a Maxshine competitor? Duplication. Now I don't trust ant Griots products. I apologize if I upset AG or any potential buyers, but this is a forum and this is my opinion.
    Everyone has opinions that is why we never having a boring day here but unless you have actually used the machine I think its a bit hard for you to comment on it.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to to a downer, but this is exactly what I expected...a Chinese Rupes.
    The difference is though that just like GG's original (which is also made in China), I assume they will be sold with a lifetime guarantee.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Great review and write up as usual, Mike!

We're so excited to finally be able to show this tool and system to you all!
    Bill from Griot's Garage - Have fun in your garage!

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

It's no secret Griot's looked at RUPES for inspiration on the new BOSS system. Ask Jeff Brown and he'll tell you the same.

Griot's Garage isn't a tool manufacturer, so of course they have to outsource the manufacturing aspect of the machine. The tool was, however, designed and engineered in-house in Tacoma Washington. This goes for the pads and polishes that go with the system as well.

As the old saying goes "don't knock it till you try it." It's a fantastic system, and I'm glad it's finally available to the public.

I would encourage you to have an open mind about it. Richard Griot takes his company's reputation very seriously, so you can bet he wouldn't slap his name on a product that isn't up to par.

Post Thanks / Like

Just watching this video shows the quality that went into making these polishers

2015 Audi //S4 (Ibis White)
    1995 BMW ///M3 (Alpine White)

Post Thanks / Like

Already being a Rupes owner there is actually no reason to buy or try. Lifetime warranty...great, I don't have to send it to China, even though I have had good success with the Chinese suppliers, they too, back their products. I have already seen enough of forum members sending their GG polishers back for replacement. I loved the article where AG went to Italy and saw the manufacturing process, I expect the next time AG will be going to China to see the 10 year olds putting together polishers. I'm just trying to figure out why someone would buy one. It is only a few dollars cheaper than a real Rupes. What is the difference that would make me throw my Rupes away and buy a Griots? Hey folks, I'm searching here and I can't figure it out. Give me a solid reason to buy a knockoff and I will think about it. I skipped the Harbor Freight aisle and bought the PC. People here were killing CGs Torx. Is there a Chinese copy of the Flex, which seems to be the go to polisher or are the patent licenses just tougher? With the dollar Euro difference dropping and the dollar yen difference rising it should not be very long until you can buy the Italian Rupes cheaper than the Chinese version. Don't get me wrong, the Chinese build a lot of great stuff, but human rights violations and under age workers don't hold a great appeal to me. I am not one of those jingoistic guys that say "buy American" then don't realize that this is a world economy and there are very few things built that are 100 percent American content whether it is made in the U.S. or not. Maybe I am just disappointed AG did not just make a deal with Maxshine and sell it to us at a huge discount. I do expect most AGers to skip the GG and buy a Rupes, we are the ones paying $100 for wax, what is $10 bucks to get the original?

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Already being a Rupes owner there is actually no reason to buy or try. Lifetime warranty...great, I don't have to send it to China, even though I have had good success with the Chinese suppliers, they too, back their products. I have already seen enough of forum members sending their GG polishers back for replacement. I loved the article where AG went to Italy and saw the manufacturing process, I expect the next time AG will be going to China to see the 10 year olds putting together polishers. I'm just trying to figure out why someone would buy one. It is only a few dollars cheaper than a real Rupes. What is the difference that would make me throw my Rupes away and buy a Griots? Hey folks, I'm searching here and I can't figure it out. Give me a solid reason to buy a knockoff and I will think about it. I skipped the Harbor Freight aisle and bought the PC. People here were killing CGs Torx. Is there a Chinese copy of the Flex, which seems to be the go to polisher or are the patent licenses just tougher? With the dollar Euro difference dropping and the dollar yen difference rising it should not be very long until you can buy the Italian Rupes cheaper than the Chinese version. Don't get me wrong, the Chinese build a lot of great stuff, but human rights violations and under age workers don't hold a great appeal to me. I am not one of those jingoistic guys that say "buy American" then don't realize that this is a world economy and there are very few things built that are 100 percent American content whether it is made in the U.S. or not. Maybe I am just disappointed AG did not just make a deal with Maxshine and sell it to us at a huge discount. I do expect most AGers to skip the GG and buy a Rupes, we are the ones paying $100 for wax, what is $10 bucks to get the original?
    I'm trying to dig deep to find an answer that will satisfy you, but I'm having a difficult time. It's obvious that you cannot be sold on the new system, and I completely respect that because you're entitled to your opinion. Different strokes for different folks.

I can only hope that at some point you're able to get your hands on the new machines and take them for a spin. With the (thoughtful) design and exceptional engineering of each machine and the accompanying pads and polishes that complete the BOSS system, I have a feeling you'll get that chance sooner rather than later because I'm already seeing the orders come through for these machines. A lot of people are going to buy them, and each and every person that does will be very satisfied.

With all due respect.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast