autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Garage 3" BOSS HD Oribital Backing Plate

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    I need to buy the GG6 with a 5 and 3 inch backing plate. My Rupes 15 MkII only works on the right panels. My next smallest polisher is a Dewalt rotary and 2in BP and pads.

What pads are you using with the 3" BP? How does the GG6 with a 3" work through heavily contoured panels?
    Not the OP but I've been using the Boss pads with the 3" backing plate. I find it's great on contours. The power of the GG6 with the smaller plate seems to power through the curves very well and the Boss MF pads correct very quickly on the 3". I find that I'm using the 3" plate maybe about 40% of the time on a heavily contoured car especially during the compounding phase when I'm trying to get good correction in all kinds of spots on the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boomdone View Post
    Not the OP but I've been using the Boss pads with the 3" backing plate. I find it's great on contours. The power of the GG6 with the smaller plate seems to power through the curves very well and the Boss MF pads correct very quickly on the 3". I find that I'm using the 3" plate maybe about 40% of the time on a heavily contoured car especially during the compounding phase when I'm trying to get good correction in all kinds of spots on the car.
    What are you using with the 3" Boss pads? Boss Correcting creams? Or do you find other products work well with the Boss pads?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    What are you using with the 3" Boss pads? Boss Correcting creams? Or do you find other products work well with the Boss pads?
    Using Fast Correcting Cream with the microfiber pads for compounding. Thats my favorite combo for quick cutting. Then for polishing I've been using HD Polish+ with the yellow boss pad. HD Polish+ is my go to polish although I havent used Boss Perfecting Cream. The Boss polishes can be a little oily and take few more passes to wipe totally clean I find. The HD Polish+ is so easy to use and remove.

4. Likes mrbtd liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post

Thanks for your thoughts Mike!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post

I've had the NEW 3" Backing Plate in my cart along with a set of the new pads.

Guess what, I went to check out (knowing they wouldn't ship out for awhile) and they came out of the cart saying not available at all.

I went to find them and there isn't even an add to cart or purchase option now??? The pads that are coming soon can still be purchased, just not the backing plate.

I'll send the link to this to Customer Care and find out what's going on?

What pads are you using with the 3" BP?
    The Griot's 3" BOSS pads

How does the GG6 with a 3" work through heavily contoured panels?
    I don't normally use the larger size DA with the tiny backing plate, I find it to be "tippy" and that makes it a tick risky.

It's okay as long as you focus on the task at hand and don't get distracted.

6. Thanks LEDetailing, KBsToy thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Guess what, I went to check out (knowing they wouldn't ship out for awhile) and they came out of the cart saying not available at all.

I went to find them and there isn't even an add to cart or purchase option now???

The pads that are coming soon can still be purchased, just not the backing plate.

I was just in the warehouse. There are plenty of 2" pads and 2" backing plates.

The 2" backing plate is this one, note

Griots Garage BOSS Air 2 inch Backing Plate

Note in the description it states it's the AIR 2" backing plate and I just confirmed with Jeff Brown that this is in fact the same 2" backing plate for use on the 3" electric Min Polisher.

And here's a screenshot of the webpage and you can in fact [Add to Cart]

Hope that helps...

8. Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I was just in the warehouse. There are plenty of 2" pads and 2" backing plates.

The 2" backing plate is this one, note

Griots Garage BOSS Air 2 inch Backing Plate

Note in the description it states it's the AIR 2" backing plate and I just confirmed with Jeff Brown that this is in fact the same 2" backing plate for use on the 3" electric Min Polisher.

And here's a screenshot of the webpage and you can in fact [Add to Cart]

Hope that helps...

Hi Mike,
    Thanks for the follow up. I posted that near Thanksgiving time 2016 regarding the 3". I've since been in Stuart and picked up from Bryan.
    Thanks again,
    Chris

Mike Phillips

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the follow up. I posted that near Thanksgiving time 2016 regarding the 3". I've since been in Stuart and picked up from Bryan.

Thanks again,

Chris

And you know... usually I look at the post date for each post I'm replying to - today I was just typing faster than I think.

Glad to hear you were able to get what you needed.

The good news is, in the process of taking pictures for my Mobile Tech Expo Classes I took enough pictures of multiple tools including the new 2" backing plate and pads to write some more reviews and info-articles...

In the end... it's all good...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123