autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW SONAX Cut & Finish - Extreme Showcar Makeover - Removing Holograms using the FLEX 3401

great review MIke

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW SONAX Cut & Finish - Extreme Showcar Makeover - Removing Holograms using the FLEX 3401

What in the world!? That paint was abused!!!

The team really transformed the clarity of that paint.

Well done gang.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    In other words,

SONAX is the Meguiar's of Europe
    I can personally vouch for this.

Walk into ANY quality car parts store here in Germany and the shelves are stocked with SONAX products.

Anyone that knows me, reads any of my how-to articles, watches any of my YouTube videos, attends our 3-day Competition Ready Detailing Classes or has seen our TV show Competition Ready, KNOWS one of the things I stress when it comes to the paint polishing aspect of car detailing, (I actually harp on this topic), is that the MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR when it comes to polishing paint is the ABRASIVE TECHNOLOGY and SONAX has GREAT abrasive technology.

Hope that helps and alleviates any of your doubts or fears of my sincerity, integrity or honesty when it comes to writing and sharing products I use to detail cars or products I write reviews and how-to articles about.

Abrasive technology IS the most important factor when polishing paint. Its what connects you to the surface. Sure technique is very important but does NOT trump abrasive technology.

Think of it this way, you decide you want to start taking a car to the track. You research the car just as you would a machine, equip the car with the latest and greatest suspension, (think backing plate here) but decide to skimp out on tires and put all seasons on and think your skill will get you fast lap times regardless of what tires are being used.

Now equip the car with proper tires with the latest technology (Abrasive Technology) and go for another set of laps.

Abrasive technology as well as the tire technology is what connects you to the surface. Yes it takes the proper skill set to effectively use everything as a system BUT the skill set does not over ride what connects you to the surface.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great review!
    I purchased some to try for a paint correction I am doing on a pretty badly swirled up 07 Saab. Always looking for great one step compounds/ polishes!
    Raydiant Reflections Auto Detailing
    Website
    Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike, I had to revisit your write up. A few weeks ago I attended a local event at a detailing shop where Rob McCrary, Dimi Habermeier and I forget the other gentleman's name demoed the new CC36 ceramic coating. Great folks as I was speaking to all of them. Well I walked out with a bottle of Cut & Finish along with EX 04-06.

I am a believer of Cut & Finish. Used it on my car that was repainted late last year to remove rotary swirls and holograms with a cutting pad on my Rupes 15 MKII. Cut & Finish corrected the paint and finished out very well where I did not have to use EX 04-06. But I had to as I got that one to try out . No dusting and long working time with Cut & Finish. Real nice polish to work with.

Meghan also sent me these Sonax pads to review so I will have that up shortly. Good results using all of these products.

5. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How would you rate the aggressiveness of those two polishes? Reviews of both seem really positive, but they are few and far between. I've never had a good sense of where they'd land compared to Menzerna, Wolfgang, or even Meguiars products.

I really like the fact they come in 8oz bottles and are reasonably priced.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Would these polishes be considered extremely oily like Menzerna or the Rupes polishes?
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

NEW SONAX Cut & Finish - Extreme Showcar Makeover - Removing Holograms using the FLEX 3401

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Would these polishes be considered extremely oily like Menzerna or the Rupes polishes?
    Sonax 04-06 is a lot like Rupes UHS compound. Kinda watery and hard as hell to wash the "film" out of the pads. I don't like either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    How would you rate the aggressiveness of those two polishes? Reviews of both seem really positive, but they are few and far between. I've never had a good sense of where they'd land compared to Menzerna, Wolfgang, or even Meguiars products.

I really like the fact they come in 8oz bottles and are reasonably priced.
    Hard to quantify the aggressiveness compared to Menzerna or Wolfgang as I have never used those polishes other than SF3800 which is too oily for me.

I do use Meguiar's polishes and I would say that the 04-06 is on par with M205. Cut & Finish is a bit more aggressive than M205 but less than say M101 or M100.

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Sonax 04-06 is a lot like Rupes UHS compound. Kinda watery and hard as hell to wash the "film" out of the pads. I don't like either.

I will let you know as soon as I wash my pads after using 04-06. I have never had an issue with the UHS being washed out of pads. 04-06 is watery as you stated and the Sonax guys did say it is water based. I did see some water like behavior when I was using both of these over the weekend as it was a bit humid. One real pro for these is literally no dusting.

Post Thanks / Like

Im in love with that car, nice save on that paint. Looks like he drives it a bit, couple chips on the hood, them cars are meant to be driven though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post

I finally washed the pads I used with both cut & finish and 04-06. The pads sat since the weekend.

Used Poorboys pad cleaner and both polishes washed out just fine under warm water from all pads. Noticed no "film" on the pads during or after they were cleaned.

All pads came out clean.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast