autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW SONAX Cut & Finish - Extreme Showcar Makeover - Removing Holograms using the FLEX 3401

Quote Originally Posted by motion732 View Post
    Not seeing any pics on here - is that just me?
    The pictures don't load for me either. I tried with Tapatalk and the mobile Chrome browser.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW SONAX Cut & Finish - Extreme Showcar Makeover - Removing Holograms using the FLEX 3401

Me neither. I just thought they were being blocked by my network. Glad to know I'm not alone. I usually see all the images if they are hosted here. Other hosting sites are hit or miss.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

there's is no pics for me either. i don't want to sound disrespectful here but after reading the thread about the take over i feel like they're making you guys push sonax products. i never heard anyone talking about them before in the last 5 months being on here. i was going to pick some up but now idk. hate to be a downer but thats how i feel, hope im wrong

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    there's is no pics for me either. i don't want to sound disrespectful here but after reading the thread about the take over i feel like they're making you guys push sonax products. i never heard anyone talking about them before in the last 5 months being on here. i was going to pick some up but now idk. hate to be a downer but thats how i feel, hope im wrong
    Well, you haven't been paying attention. Sonax Full Effect is an Awesome wheel cleaner and Polymer Net Shield is great too along with the other products in the line.

Post Thanks / Like

Im an avid user of sonax full effect as well. I love it. Its thick so it sticks to the wheel instead of running off, has a long "dry time", and does a great job. I like to follow up with ironX to go the extra mile.

Post Thanks / Like

i worked on this car and the new SONAX CUT & FINISH is a great new addition.No dusting, long work time and does what it`s designed to do.I like it...I like it a whole lot!
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57BORNTORUN View Post
    i worked on this car and the new SONAX CUT & FINISH is a great new addition.No dusting, long work time and does what it`s designed to do.I like it...I like it a whole lot!
    Thanks for the added input!

This product sounds really good to me. Just wanna see some pics lol!
    Currently: 2014 Jet Black Mica Mazda 6

Previously: 2004 Milano Red Acura TSX

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: NEW SONAX Cut & Finish - Extreme Showcar Makeover - Removing Holograms using the FLEX 3401

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    NEW SONAX Cut & Finish - Extreme Show Car Makeover - Removing Holograms using the FLEX 3401

SONAX Cut & Finish

This is the brand new CUT & FINISH compound/polish from SONAX and this is a phenomenal product!

I had a chance to test this out while I was at SONAX in Germany just a few weeks ago and it was impressive when we used it in the SONAX training garage and just as impressive when we used it for an extreme show car makeover here at Autogeek's Show Car Garage.

Here's our test car, this is a 1965 Mustang with a recent new paint job. In the below picture I've positioned the car outside to get some pictures of the holograms using the sun.

1965 Mustang Fastback

Holograms
    The scratch pattern you see in the paint is called holograms. Holograms are a scratch pattern specific to rotary buffers. The single direction the pads spins tends to leave a pattern of swirls that mimic the way the buffer is moved over the paint. This is normal for most body shop work as most body shops only use rotary buffers. Here in the detailing world we use rotary buffers for doing major correction work but then switch over to dual action orbital polishers to finish out hologram-free and swirl-free.

These are holograms...

Holograms take away from the beauty of the paint job because they hide the beautiful basecoat colors, blue and white under the clearcoat.

The good news is this can be fixed and we'll show you how removing holograms can be fast and easy.

simply amazing product for onestep trashed paint.No dusting no sticking and quick results and lsp ready.This is a winner.Sonax plays by there own they don't look at a competitor formula.They more focused on simplicity with quick knockout polishes that can resurrect the worst finishes in one shot.simplicity is where we need to be not 24 hr paint corrections with multiple steps followed.I was part of that project and doubted the ability of sonax fixing induced rotary swirls with additional steps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by motion732 View Post
    Not seeing any pics on here - is that just me?
    I'm not seeing any either.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    simply amazing product for onestep trashed paint.No dusting no sticking and quick results and lsp ready.This is a winner.Sonax plays by there own they don't look at a competitor formula.They more focused on simplicity with quick knockout polishes that can resurrect the worst finishes in one shot.simplicity is where we need to be not 24 hr paint corrections with multiple steps followed.I was part of that project and doubted the ability of sonax fixing induced rotary swirls with additional steps.
    How hard was the paint on that vehicle? Right now I'm in the hunt for a good product that will act as a mid-grade polish/swirl remover which would allow me to one-step polish hard European paint like VW's.

I've really been impressed by other Sonax products I've encountered like PNS and BSD. The 8 oz bottle of this polish may just find it's way to my garage very soon.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast