autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW Haartz/RaggTopp Convertible Top Brush - How to clean and protect a convertible top

very cool another awsome class !!! w o w

Mike Phillips

Re: NEW Haartz/RaggTopp Convertible Top Brush - How to clean and protect a convertible top

***Update***

If you're a member of the IDA, the latest IDA Newsletter went out featuring this brush, the RaggTopp company and this review.

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed that the kit from AG doesn't include the spray can handle, does that affect the application of the protectant?
    Why the difference in brushes between kits? One is round and the other is rectangular.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by bcgreen View Post

I noticed that the kit from AG doesn't include the spray can handle, does that affect the application of the protectant?

The kits I included in post #4 of this thread don't include the sprayer, I don't think I realized that at the time. Pumping out a write-up like this with tons of information and tons of pictures is time intenseive. In fact, I never see any write-ups like this anywhere any more?

On Autogeek.com

Haartz/RaggTopp Convertible Top Brush

RaggTopp Premium Fabric Convertible Top Kit

RaggTopp Premium Vinyl Convertible Top Kit

All RaggTopp products

I'm not sure what the deal is with the CANGUN Pistol Grip Spray Can so best thing to do would be to call Customer Care and they can sort this out for you.

1-800-869-3011

Quote Originally Posted by bcgreen View Post

Why the difference in brushes between kits? One is round and the other is rectangular.
    The rectangular brush is the traditional horse hair bush RaggTopp has been recommending for years to PROTECT your canvas top while cleaning it.

The NEW brush is one they co-developed with the HARRTZ company and instead of being made from horse hair I believe the bristles are some form of nylon?

NEW Haartz/RaggTopp Convertible Top Brush - How to clean and protect a convertible top

And if you click to the first page, in the top of the first post, to tell the story with pictures and also a video you'll find this, which matches the title of the thread.

Haartz/RaggTopp Convertible Top Brush

Video - Haartz/RaggTopp Convertible Top Brush

Haartz official statement about the RaggTopp/Haartz Convertible Top Brush
    Haartz has extended the precision used in manufacturing soft-top convertible material to the development of a brush that cleans the topping material nearly flawlessly every time. Through the partnership with RAGGTOPP for cleaning products, it made sense for both organizations to partner on a tool to help convertible owners protect their investment

After using both brushes I would go for the new green brush.

Mike Phillips

***Update***

A few new pictures sharing the Ciba Tinuvin ingredient that I'm using for my Power Point with Rick Goldstein this weekend at Detail Fest.

Front of can

Back of can...

Bazinga!

Here's the key ingredient that I needed a picture of for the Power Point Presentation

If you're going to Detail Fest on Saturday, Rick and I are teaching this class at 10:00am in Classroom B

Mike Phillips

***Update***

Bumping this thread for anyone needing to wash and protect their car's convertible top

Post Thanks / Like

Great write-up. I have a low volume detailing business but haven't done convertible yet. Bought a Miata though and want to take care of FABRIC top. Bought RaggTopp kit with brush.

My question is, now that I've got the protectant on it, when I wash car should I only use a convertible top cleaner or is it ok to use my regular car wash soap/foam gun ?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Avgguy View Post

Great write-up. I have a low volume detailing business but haven't done convertible yet. Bought a Miata though and want to take care of FABRIC top. Bought RaggTopp kit with brush.
    Good choice. And thank you for the compliment.

This how-to article is a text book example of why I cannot share this kind of educational content on Facebook, Facebook Groups or Instagram. TOO much information formatted in an easy to take in the information manner with pictures that tell a story in a linear display. All those people on those platforms getting or one-liners or if their lucky a paragraph with no breaks, just a huge chunk of text - for "how-to" information.

My question is, now that I've got the protectant on it, when I wash car should I only use a convertible top cleaner or is it ok to use my regular car wash soap/foam gun ?

Just your normal car wash is perfect.

I would use less car wash to clean. That is, once you have the top protected, dirt and dust will release and flush off easy without a lot of soap cleaning strength. You want to clean the top but you don't want to remove the protectant. So go easy on the top.

9. Thanks Avgguy thanked for this post
    Likes Avgguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A huge thanks for this very specific info. as well as a very quick response.

Will do. Will post a pic of car. I used Wolfgang Uber, Finishing Glaze and DGPS on my BLACK Miata w LC flat pads. Most defects gone.. car looks ridiculously good. I've created a new color...lol... Liquid Metal Black.

Honestly again, just wanted to say a big thank you to you personally and the web site. From all this info., I've gone from a being a by-hand detailing hack to a fairly decent for-profit detailer, who uses a DA (Griot's). The information here is so specific and it just really helps. Detailing has been a huge passion of mine and I've learned so much here. Yes, I really want to sign up for a class soon. I'm in NW Arkansas and can catch a road show or come down to FL.

Hope your day is great Mike.

11. Likes Guyb liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Honestly again, just wanted to say a big thank you to you personally and the web site. From all this info., I've gone from a being a by-hand detailing hack to a fairly decent for-profit detailer, who uses a DA (Griot's).

The information here is so specific and it just really helps. Detailing has been a huge passion of mine and I've learned so much here.

Yes, I really want to sign up for a class soon. I'm in NW Arkansas and can catch a road show or come down to FL.

Hope your day is great Mike.

Wow!

Reading the above made my day.

Some days I feel like I've wasted my life. A sincere compliment like the one you shared above makes me feel like I've wasted less of my life.

Thank you.

13. Thanks Avgguy thanked for this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast