autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mike Phillips

Re: How to remove Smokers Film off inside of windshield - Review: BLACKFIRE Glass Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by AZpolisher15 View Post

I've been using this for a few weeks now and it continues to impress.

Good to hear...

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post

As nasty as the glass was, imagine what the smoker's lungs look like.

It's a bad habit that's hard to stop.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to remove Smokers Film off inside of windshield - Review: BLACKFIRE Glass Cleaner

I have done some nasty smokers cars,,one that comes to mind is a Cobalt that had 80,000 miles on it or so and the person must have smoked a pack a day in it without opening windows.
    I'm an ex smoker and even this gagged me,besides the windows being all yellow the gray interior was as well and the car took a long time to get clean.
    I have to use AC Delco window cleaner which isn't the best or the worst ever but I may order some of this Blackfire just for me to lock in my toolbox away from grabby fingers.
    “I have trouble with names and faces, but I never forget a car.”

3. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After receiving a sample in my last order I think I like it more than Stoners and I just added a bottle to my cart. Do forum free shipping sales ever apply to overseas military?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Breese147 View Post

After receiving a sample in my last order I think I like it more than Stoners and I just added a bottle to my cart.
    It's good stuff.

I actually used BLACKFIRE Glass Cleaner 3 times on this car.

Bucket List Buff - 426 Hemi - 1969 Dodge Coronet

1. Used it as a waterless wash to wash the car.
    2. Used it as a lube with a Nanoskin Towel (medium grade) to remove the overspray.
    3. Used it to clean the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Breese147 View Post

Do forum free shipping sales ever apply to overseas military?

Probably not simply due to the fact that there really never is anything that's free, at least anything of value. It simply cost something to have a company in some manner of transportation move an item from here to there.

That said, this is not my area of expertise so I'll check.

6. Likes Breese147, RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, If the glass was that bad, imagine what the drivers lungs look like. Makes me happy to be a non smoker.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater25 View Post

Wow, If the glass was that bad, imagine what the drivers lungs look like.

Makes me happy to be a non smoker.

Copy that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andy0902 View Post
    Thanks, Mike. The corners and bottom of my windshield are very difficult to reach with my arm. I just about have to dislocate my shoulder and I still can't get it very well. What I do is wrap the Glass cleaner tool with a thick microfiber to do the initial clean then a light spray with just the MF bonnet for the final cleaning.

Thanks for a great post!
    How do you get the microfiber towel to stay on the Glass Master? First time I tried that, the towel stayed on. On subsequent interior window cleaning sessions I could not get the towel to stay on the tool.

RamAirV1

Post Thanks / Like

That means it’s still grabbing too much dirt. Re-read the article. Mike said to use plenty of cleaner...that’s the lubricant...and it will stop the towel from grabbing and pulling off the tool. That is, unless you’ve already stretched the elastic. There’s ways around that too.

Mike’s mention of using the rising or setting sun is a great tip. Can’t always do that though and I’m sure he knows that. Often time and timing just doesn’t allow for it.

If you’re in a building, maybe even working at night by yourself, and have a small low power light source, or even a high power source on a stand, then you have a way to double check your work without the need of a second person.

Set the light source up outside of the car, to the side, the front, or the back. The further away the better. Turn off the garage/shop lights and turn ON your light source. Next, climb in the car and double check your work real quick. You are likely to get a surprise the first couple times you tackle windows that are really bad.

If you’re working on a car with trashed up windows like in Mike’s article, especially cars heavily smoked in, you’re likely to miss some spots the first few times you tackle these types of windows until you figure out your technique. That is, the process, the tools, the products, and your technique. I have worked in some where every window product I had did not even come close to touching it.

One example was in a Tahoe I detailed where the guy who owned it was a cigar smoker. I really thought I had cleaned those windows really well. I was finishing up at night time and replacing some mats in the back when the wife turned the garage lights off on me by accident. The outside streetlight was shining through the windows and revealed the work was far from finished. You should have seen the pile of filthy towels I had already used before this had happened. The windows were so bad I started trying all my other window products and literally found none that removed ALL of the film. I was just moving it around. What I did next was risky, but a test spot proved it worked. I had to resort to using 90% ISP alcohol. It was the only thing that would cut through the film. It was the last resort. The customer raved about the glass being clean more than any other part of the job.

Moral of the story...LOL...
    What’s done in darkness will be brought to the light.
    Bill

11. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post

One example was in a Tahoe I detailed where the guy who owned it was a cigar smoker. I really thought I had cleaned those windows really well. I was finishing up at night time and replacing some mats in the back when the wife turned the garage lights off on me by accident.

The outside streetlight was shining through the windows and revealed the work was far from finished.
    Thanks for sharing. Good tip for anyone finishing at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post

You should have seen the pile of filthy towels I had already used before this had happened. The windows were so bad I started trying all my other window products and literally found none that removed ALL of the film. I was just moving it around.

What I did next was risky, but a test spot proved it worked. I had to resort to using 90% ISP alcohol. It was the only thing that would cut through the film.

It was the last resort. The customer raved about the glass being clean more than any other part of the job.

When you have REALLY FILTHY glass to clean, check out post #2 here,

Machine Sanding Glass - Do NOT do this!

MUCH MUCH more effective than using a liquid.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123