autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

re: NEW! 3.5 inch ThinPro Foam Pads! Thin is in and you're going to love these new small foam pads!

Great write up Mike.

I love that you showed a pad on all the 3' machines, i guess in your experience you know people are going to ask lol.

I have never used the grey thinpro before Mike how do you like it ?

Post Thanks / Like

re: NEW! 3.5 inch ThinPro Foam Pads! Thin is in and you're going to love these new small foam pads!

We got to play with these pads at the Thursday night detailing clinic on the purple scat pack Challenger. Those grey pads are LEGIT at getting out 5000 grit sanding marks with a Griots 3" polisher. We've needed a thin pad for these machines for a long time.
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

These pads look very nice. Ordered a dozen orange, white and gray.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ekennett View Post
    We got to play with these pads at the Thursday night detailing clinic on the purple scat pack Challenger. Those grey pads are LEGIT at getting out 5000 grit sanding marks with a Griots 3" polisher. We've needed a thin pad for these machines for a long time.
    The only thing that beats horsepower is torque.The one thing that can beat cubic inches is a turbo.Thinner pads will spin faster with less drag but we will have to be mindful when using them until familiar.
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post

I love the word "sharp" to describe that grey pad!
    I cover a LOT of information in my Competition Ready 3-day detailing classes including going over buffing pads. As we work through the class I show people how to "feel" pads to help them identify the different types of pads since every pad company uses different color coding schemes.

If you run your had over the face of a foam cutting pad you can feel the sharpness.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post

Great write up Mike.

I love that you showed a pad on all the 3' machines, i guess in your experience you know people are going to ask LOL.
    Yeah that's part of my writing style. I think of all the variables and then include and answer every possible and potential question or address every issue in my original work. That way I only have to write the information once versus touching on topics and then providing detail if and when it's asked.

Takes longer initially to be thorough but saves time in the big picture.

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post

I have never used the grey ThinPro before Mike how do you like it ?

I like these pads when I need a hard, sharp fast cutting foam pad. I try not to use them because they are so hard and sharp and this tends to make for a less smooth buffing experience when you first start out.

The pads can also leave buffer trails so if you use one of these pad be sure to follow it with a less aggressive pad and product for professional quality end results.

Post Thanks / Like

I just stocked up on the 5.5 in thin pads. You guys are killing my bank account lol! I may have to grab some
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

i may flock to these pads
    Got the low pros for my 21 as they looked...and. now proved to be indestructible..where aa my boss pads would seperate..

I'll def get these for my Rupes mini and prob get them for the forced flex when I buy that!

Post Thanks / Like

These look cool. As many have mentioned, the 5.5 Thin Pro have become an instant favorite, seems like these would be a logical addition to a tool box!

SPAMMER
    Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant write up! going to be buying these ASAP!

Post Thanks / Like

First trial was tonight on front bumper. The bumper cover is plastic and I always have heat issues with the CCS 1.5" thick pads. Typically 4" pads on Girot 3" polisher. This test was done on the small panels in front of the headlights (it is about 3" wide and 12" long). Used the grey cutting pad and 6 passes. Low heat, good pad rotation and lots of cut ( I used pretty good downward pressure, more than I ever could with the 1.5 " pads). I actually thought I could have burned through the clear if I kept at it (imagine that with a 3" Girot DA polisher). Next up white pad and polish. Same deal, far less heat and way better pad rotation. Definately the go to for me on the 3 " polisher. Next up is the 5.5" pads on the PC.

PS they clean up easy as well.
    Crispy 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix DD, always clean (except today) Hobby Detailer

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast