autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: RUPES Nano iBrid Short Neck - What's in the Box?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    When I tried to use the 2" backing plate with the rotary backing plate connector the back of the backing plate rubbed against the shroud. In fact the contact was so tight the backing plate would not spin.
    When I saw the demo here locally the gentleman who was "in charge" of the Nano (I'm terrible with names and I don't remember his), seemed to have this exact problem. The red light came on and the machine wouldn't spin. He didn't explain what happened, he simply went back to the smaller backing plate that he had previously been using.

Mike Phillips

***Update***

First, thank you Todd Helme for the call-back and explaining the situation. The official "Instruction Manual" that comes with the kit is lacking in any substantial information about the tool.

Here's what Todd told me, this is a paraphrase from our phone call conversation...

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme

"The 2" backing plate and 2" pads are for use with the 12mm and 3mm Eccentric Sets only.

The 2" backing plate and 2" pads are NOT for use with the Nano iBrid as the RPM is too high and the risk of damaging paint is to high.

Only use the 1 1/4" backing plate and pads with the rotary backing plate connector and the Nano iBrid"

Thanks Todd for helping me to get this information out to the public.

Thus if you only use the 1 1/4" backing plate and pads with the rotary connector on the Nano iBrid there is no issue with clearance with the plastic shroud.

Hope this helps anyone else wondering about this topic.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post

When I saw the demo here locally the gentleman who was "in charge" of the Nano (I'm terrible with names and I don't remember his), seemed to have this exact problem.

The red light came on and the machine wouldn't spin.

He didn't explain what happened, he simply went back to the smaller backing plate that he had previously been using.

Apparently there's been a communication breakdown between the manufacturer and the consumer.

That's what's powerful about a discussion forum. It disseminates accurate information to solve communication problems and mis-information.

Facebook can do this to it's just a horrible interface as compared to a real discussion forum.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed mike. The manual is definitely lacking information. Rupes is also lacking in the customer service department. Trying to get in touch with someone to get my missing backing plates was a serious chore. Hopefully I'll get to use mine soon.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, any idea when the 1 and 2 inch pads will be available?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Heh - the only thing that i've gotten in my very luxurious rupes bag was an ibrid nano that was dead on arrival - 13 emails and a week later and its still sitting on my desk with no concise response from the people at RUPES...tsk tsk tsk

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Colbyleg212 View Post

Agreed mike. The manual is definitely lacking information.
    I'll never forget Guido asking me to write a how-to book for the Nano and then none of his team following up.

Rupes is also lacking in the customer service department.

Trying to get in touch with someone to get my missing backing plates was a serious chore.

Hopefully I'll get to use mine soon.
    Hope they took care of you. I read these types of comments on our forum.

Mike, any idea when the 1 and 2 inch pads will be available?
    Sorry for the late reply - you probably know by now - they are available.

RUPES 40 mm (1.5 Inch) Foam Pads, iBrid replacement pads, iBrid 1 inch pads, RUPES 1 inch iBrid pads

RUPES 70 mm (2.75 Inch) Foam Pads

Quote Originally Posted by fdfretes View Post

Heh - the only thing that i've gotten in my very luxurious rupes bag was an ibrid nano that was dead on arrival - 13 emails and a week later and its still sitting on my desk with no concise response from the people at RUPES...tsk tsk tsk

They use to have staff that would provide customer service on this forum. Not sure why no one at RUPES has time to help out here?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12