autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Garage NEW BOSS Paint Polishing System

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    It's no secret Griot's looked at RUPES for inspiration on the new BOSS system. Ask Jeff Brown and he'll tell you the same.

Looks like they just completely copied everything from Rupes and just changed the names. Rupes was innovated with designing the actually body of the polisher and companies like megiuars, griots & chemical guys just copied ideas.
    www.ksdetailing.com
    Connect with us on Facebook & Instagram @ksdetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 04Golf View Post
    Looks like they just completely copied everything from Rupes and just changed the names. Rupes was innovated with designing the actually body of the polisher and companies like megiuars, griots & chemical guys just copied ideas.
    Of course just about everything is a copy of something else; this just looks more blatant because the differences (or lack thereof) are easier to see. Does that negate the quality or usefulness of the tool(s)? I can't say, at least not until I've used it. But I'm betting it's a great system.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Griot's Garage NEW BOSS Paint Polishing System

As always, Mike, real great write-up. I am in the market for a new polisher (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...le-7424xp.html) and had landed on the Flex 3401, but then here comes this other option from GG. As interesting as it is, there are several things that are keeping me from giving it serious consideration.

1. Only 4 and 5 inch backing plates. Maybe a 3rd party will fix that in the future, but right now, nothing exist below this.
    2. Build quality? GG's past offerings never felt solid to me before and I recently tried the Rupes as well. None of them compared to Flex. How would this new solution compare?
    3. Smoothness and fatigue? My PCXP and GG's 6 are not comfortable machines to use at all. The Rupes and Flex are. How is the smoothness of their new machine and is the fatigue experienced (or not experienced) close to the Rupes and Flex?
    4. Price. Really? I guess only time will tell if it's something comparable to a 3401 or Bigfoot (since GG is pricing it with the big boys), but that initial price is definitely not helping its initial attractiveness for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trekkeruss View Post
    The difference is though that just like GG's original (which is also made in China), I assume they will be sold with a lifetime guarantee.
    It's pretty much a 2yr comprehensive warranty. Lifetime against defects which pretty much means 2yr warranty. It's all in the wording.

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone comment on how it sounds in comparison to a rupes? The rupes always had the annoying high pitched whine to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by d33p View Post
    Can anyone comment on how it sounds in comparison to a rupes? The rupes always had the annoying high pitched whine to it.
    Without a doubt it has a lower deeper sound.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I am not in the market for a polisher right now (I find my GG 6" versatile enough to satisfy my needs). If I were in the market, though, I would definitely consider buying this system for the lifetime warranty alone! Unlike other warranties, which are often money-making schemes for the applicable companies, GG's warranty is 1) free, and 2) taken seriously. I had to send in my GG under warranty once, and the staff were very accommodating, no questions were asked and it was replaced easily. The replacement was refurbished and the power knob didn't function correctly, so I returned that, which was a minor hassle, but the GG staff were all so friendly and apologetic; they sent a brand new one to me very quickly to rectify the situation (it was the new model too). I felt valued as a customer, and thus, GG has my loyalty! GG as a company seems to understand the lifetime value of a customer and the importance of customer satisfaction! Mnay of the polishers out there, to me, are similar. In fact, regarding consumer goods, there is often an illusion of choice, with many similar products being marketed in different ways. (Not saying there aren't specified products out there, especially int he detailing industry). That being said, to me, what is more important than picking, say, CG ez creme from PB black hole, which may give similar results on dark vehicles is 1) the value behind the product(s), and 2) the company behind them (do they value customers, are they green/socially responsible etc. I think that GG, even if they do have machines from China, takes customer loyalty seriously, and also offers a great value price-wise for what you get. Just my $0.02.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post
    As always, Mike, real great write-up. I am in the market for a new polisher (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...le-7424xp.html) and had landed on the Flex 3401, but then here comes this other option from GG. As interesting as it is, there are several things that are keeping me from giving it serious consideration.

1. Only 4 and 5 inch backing plates. Maybe a 3rd party will fix that in the future, but right now, nothing exist below this.
    2. Build quality? GG's past offerings never felt solid to me before and I recently tried the Rupes as well. None of them compared to Flex. How would this new solution compare?
    3. Smoothness and fatigue? My PCXP and GG's 6 are not comfortable machines to use at all. The Rupes and Flex are. How is the smoothness of their new machine and is the fatigue experienced (or not experienced) close to the Rupes and Flex?
    4. Price. Really? I guess only time will tell if it's something comparable to a 3401 or Bigfoot (since GG is pricing it with the big boys), but that initial price is definitely not helping its initial attractiveness for me.
    Maybe they might a sale like they did a while back 15% off , no exclusion...I bought my pink flex for around $300.00

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mp0wer View Post
    People don't even recommend the porter cable anymore, they say get the griots it has more power, this is the exact same scenario..
    I have 2 griots pcs 1 PC from 3D and one Porter Cable PC. The Porter Cable is the oldest of the PCs I have and never never had an issue with it. Both Griots have been replaced 3 times already. Just saying.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast