autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Garage NEW BOSS Paint Polishing System

Quote Originally Posted by nothingface5384 View Post
    So..definitely cant find the link on griots site for the 2 year online warranty registration?
    Register Boss polishers here:
    www.griotsgarage.com/warranty

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    done

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Those were Meg's, but both will achieve the same results.

thanks again man. Ill be grabbing some in the future.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I have been using a PC for a few years now. I use to use a rotory machine for years. I got my Boss21 a few days ago. Like a kid on xmas, I ran outside and ran it on the hood of my truck. The truck is a swirled mess. I used the Groit orange pad and menzerna fg400. It worked great!

I was running out of daylight so, just changed to a clean orange pad and hit it with fg4000. Honestly, i was just trying to do this by feel. Almost no pressure(just machine weight). quick wipedown and in for a late dinner.

The next morning, i came out to a sunny day and a beautiful, swirl free hood!! You can clearly see where i was too light on pressure or passes(or poor technique) but, it was mainly due to the tiny amount of time i put into it and being a boss 21 newby.

Today, i will spend some time with it and see how it goes. So far so good though. Nice, solid, quality machine.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What is everyone's experience so far concerning how easy it is to stop rotation on curves/body lines?

I'm moving up from a PC and got about an hour of work in with the BOSS15 this weekend and even with the washer it's going to take a bit of practice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcalvert86 View Post
    What is everyone's experience so far concerning how easy it is to stop rotation on curves/body lines?

I'm moving up from a PC and got about an hour of work in with the BOSS15 this weekend and even with the washer it's going to take a bit of practice.
    What pads were you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    What pads were you using?
    Primarily the BOSS white 5"... I think I'm used to the pressure needed on the PC and just need to spend more time with the new machine.

Waiting on a recent order of M101 and MF cutting pads to see if the G15 will remove some RIDS that a PC/M105 combo couldn't touch.

Post Thanks / Like

Primarily the BOSS white 5"... I think I'm used to the pressure needed on the PC and just need to spend more time with the new machine.

Waiting on a recent order of M101 and MF cutting pads to see if the G15 will remove some RIDS that a PC/M105 combo couldn't touch.
    That's a pretty firm pad. It will soften up a little as it gets warm and saturated with polish. That pad paired with pretty much any compound on the G15/21 can remove some pretty severe defects with a little focused polishing.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I used my GG21 with 5" backing plate and washer combo and it was a powerhouse. No issues with stalling or even slowing down without massive downward pressure. Want to test that theory? Turn your machine on, push it into your hand and crank it up to six and see how long you can hold it there, LOL. Then do that with your PC.

The other really important thing to note about these large throw machines, it's not imho about downward pressure it's about the machine throw and the proper product/pad combination and letting the machine do it's thing. The more it moves freely w/o downward pressure the better the correction, that has at least been my experience with these machines and systems over the past couple years.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for the results to your palm
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I used my GG21 with 5" backing plate and washer combo and it was a powerhouse. No issues with stalling or even slowing down without massive downward pressure. Want to test that theory? Turn your machine on, push it into your hand and crank it up to six and see how long you can hold it there, LOL. Then do that with your PC.

The other really important thing to note about these large throw machines, it's not imho about downward pressure it's about the machine throw and the proper product/pad combination and letting the machine do it's thing. The more it moves freely w/o downward pressure the better the correction, that has at least been my experience with these machines and systems over the past couple years.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for the results to your palm
    The experiment likely won' t be necessary

I need to get a few more hours in with it.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast