autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

re: NEW! 3.5 inch ThinPro Foam Pads! Thin is in and you're going to love these new small foam pads!

These pads are awesome!!!

Post Thanks / Like

re: NEW! 3.5 inch ThinPro Foam Pads! Thin is in and you're going to love these new small foam pads!

Got mine in this week. Excellent cut on my GG6 with a 3 inch backing plate. The new Mini Hybrid Foam Pads are awesome too with the iBrid/PE8.

Post Thanks / Like

kudos to lake country for coming out with these in this size (IMO megs drop the ball in making these when they came out with their 5" & 6" foam discs) in addition to being super thin (also available in 5.5"/6.5" sizes). if anyone is looking for new pads for their traditional pc-style DA, these are worth looking into...

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by jackbro View Post

Brilliant write up! going to be buying these ASAP!

And you are a Signature Line Spammer.

Here's a screen shot of your first and last post with the link in your Signature line.

The link in your sig line has been removed and you have banned yourself.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post

Used the grey cutting pad and 6 passes. Low heat, good pad rotation and lots of cut ( I used pretty good downward pressure, more than I ever could with the 1.5 " pads).

I actually thought I could have burned through the clear if I kept at it (imagine that with a 3" Girot DA polisher).

Definitely the go to for me on the 3 " polisher.

Thanks for the feedback on the new 3" ThinPro pads - especially the comment about using them with the Griot's 3" polishers

Quote Originally Posted by idriveblackcars View Post

These pads are awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by haris300 View Post

Got mine in this week. Excellent cut on my GG6 with a 3 inch backing plate. The new Mini Hybrid Foam Pads are awesome too with the iBrid/PE8.
    That's a LOT of tool for a tiny pad but if you're happy that's what's most important.

Post Thanks / Like

How dense is the ThinPro Gray Extreme Cutting Pad compared to Rupes Green/Blue foam pads?

I had some hard times around curves because of the rupes green and blue foam pads did not conform to curves. The foam was very dense and would only get full contact on flat areas
    Check out my YouTube Channel!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Zelfiris View Post

How dense is the ThinPro Gray Extreme Cutting Pad compared to Rupes Green/Blue foam pads?
    I'd say more dense. It's pretty stiff and sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelfiris View Post

I had some hard times around curves because of the rupes green and blue foam pads did not conform to curves. The foam was very dense and would only get full contact on flat areas
    It would be easier to get a thicker foam pad to conform or flex to fit a curved panel than a thin HARD foam pad.

What you want is even smaller pads. Like 1" and 2" so you need very little flexing or conforming.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    I'd say more dense. It's pretty stiff and sharp.

It would be easier to get a thicker foam pad to conform or flex to fit a curved panel than a thin HARD foam pad.

What you want is even smaller pads. Like 1" and 2" so you need very little flexing or conforming.

Thanks Mike.

The smallest polisher I own is Rupes Mini. To use 1" or 2" pads, I guess next step would be Rupes Nano
    Check out my YouTube Channel!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I have the 3.5" Thin Pros for my Rupes Mini. Should I stick to the thicker 3"x 1 1/4" LC Professional Foam Pads for my PE-8? Thanks

Mike Phillips

New review from one of our forum members...

Mini Quick Review: ThinPro pads+Griots 3"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast