autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review of Detail Fest 2014

Well we do reviews of all of our products all the time, so I thought it would be fun to do a little review of Detail Fest. A lot goes on over the weekend and especially this year it gets crowded and crazy fun out there! I feel like we have so many unsung hero's from the weekend that we just do not give enough credit to, from Killerwheels and his family, to Pat and his judging crew, down to the parking staff, Barbara keeping me in line, Jason manning the vendor tent, Penny keeping customers happy to Max who brings it all together.
    But I just want to highlight some areas we are always working hard to bring to the table to improve on and make them the best they can be for you!

So love to hear your input from the Rigs, to the bathrooms, to the show layout, the Car Show, social media whether Facebook, Live Feeds, Instagram, Twitter, Forum, right down to food vendors!

We are only as successful as you assist us in being, so we look forwarded to you to help us to make this big and better!

We have been getting some great emails, Facebook messages, phone calls, I will share a few below especially for those who missed Detail Fest this year!

We will pick one person from this thread that posts a response an official staff Detail Fest shirt from this year! Winner will be picked on the 26th of March.

Kevin wrote: "Heading home after an amazing weekend along side some of the best detailers in the world. When I started detailing 18 years ago, I never would have imagined that I would have had the honor of being involved in a weekend like this. Thank you especially to Autogeek Net for hosting, and thanks to Yancy Martinez for bringing the event live to the world. I can't wait for next year. Mike Phillips, Renny Doyle, Todd Helme, Jason Rose it's an honor to share a stage with you, and I am sure I am not alone in saying thank you for making the industry what it is today. Andy B Cool, Pete Borras, Francesco Ginocchio, Richard Lin, Brian Guy, and to everyone else I had the opportunity to spend time with over the weekend, I enjoyed every second of it and can't wait until we all get together again. (sorry if I missed anyone, I am getting rushed onto a plane)"

From Chuck: Great time. Im ready for next year !

From Kevin: Once again I have to say thank you so much for all the hard work you and your team put in to bring your DetailFest together. I can't even image what level of work it took to bring it together. I can't wait to see what you have planned for next year.

From Rich: I wanted to take a moment and thank you so very much for having me as your host DJ this past Saturday for the Detail Fest. It was a tremendous program, and so well run! I have not seen that many smiling faces working hard and for each other in quite some time. It was most impressive, and you certainly deserve a lot of credit for such a great show.

I had the best time with everyone. From spectators, participants, vendors, and of course all your colleagues.

From Jae: Meghan you did absolutely awesome organizing and planning DF! Thank you for a great party! Now onto 2015... Get started! haha

From John: Glad I came down from Massachusetts. Worth the trip...Thanks Meghan for the help..

From David: I hope you are recovering from all your hard work. Just wanted to again say thanks as we could not have remotely had a better time! So much appreciate your kind efforts making our attendance possible.

From Forum Member:
    THANK YOU folks so much:
    1) Great products
    2) Great customer service
    3) Putting Detailfest online...brilliant idea
    4) Posting the seminars on YouTube...more brilliant-er
    5) Please tell "Max", I don't know who's advising him or where he's getting his ideas but- this is pure genius; which is why I buy my products from AutoGeek, I want to be a part of someone/ something that is "visionary".

From Renny: "What a weekend! I met so many cool people at this years Detail Fest!
    I have never been more proud to be involved within this industry.
    So many people who are making it happen and building businesses while building a life!
    We have come so far in the past decade! Special thanks to Bob, Meghan, Yancy Martinez, Mike Phillips and the entire Autogeek Net family for hosting such a wonderful event and for inviting me to be a part of it all!
    I am so blessed to be around so many wonderful people and I am so thankful!
    To my international friends, see you in the UK this summer!
    Goodby Florida!"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review of Detail Fest 2014

I am not sure how you will be able to top DF#9 next year...that about sums it up!

Post Thanks / Like

This is the 2nd year in a row I have watched from the LIVE FEED, and it was truly awesome! My hat goes off to YANCY on how good he sets everything up, it's really like I'm there and it was a blast to watch. I can only imagine the prep that goes into making the live feed work as good as YANCY makes it, you ALL do an amazing job with DF and I'm so glad you all can bring it to us that cannot make it, you are the man YANCY!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I could not make it this year but did take advantage of the live feed at times plus saw a few on youtube. Finding Ivan was a good idea to make it interesting.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I loved the day. Great as usual. But what I would change is please bring back the raffles for the 10th anniversary. You can keep the silent auction also, both will work. lol

On the carshow. Can you add a daily driver class or maybe a year range of trophies?

Finally the live feed was great. Since I couldn't be there Sunday. I got to watch the classes online.

Again, Thank you for ALL the hard work the staff did. See you in 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I had look at the pics for this year and noticed everyone was still selling bottled water for a $1. Many places would charge a lot more for such as basic need.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    I learned a ton from the seminars. I ended up watching a few of them twice on YouTube. Hats off to everyone but Yancy in particular, I can't even imagine what kind of work load you had on your plate to get done all you did. I will arrange my calendar accordingly to make sure I am at detail Fest next year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Loving the feedback, keep it coming I would love to hear from the rest of you that were actually here too!

Post Thanks / Like

I was not able to make it to Detail Fest this year, but thanks to the great crew and the live feeds it felt like I was there!
    I work 3rd shift for my local Sheriffs Dept. so I was getting home around 7:30am eating breakfast and instead of going to bed like I usually do I was staying up all day and watching the live feeds!

I cant imagine all the work that went into planning this event but Ill tell you for not being able to get there Yancy made it feel like I was!

Great Job! And I'm planning on going for the 10th anniversary!!!!!

Ian
    Doing my part to keep all cars clean and shiny!

Post Thanks / Like
    Everything was great. Don't change a thing.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast