autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review of Detail Fest 2014

This was my third year attending and I didn't think it was going to get any more fun that last year but it did! There were a ton more people than the previous years in attendance and the car show seemed larger as well.

I like how AG mixes things up each year, it's not the same exact setup or anything, that would be boring.

Things I noticed this year: Vendors were of course in different locations under the tent, some new vendors in attendance, a golf cart with people selling ice cold bottled water driving around and helping keep everyone hydrated, more streamlined procedures for convenience of the guests such as a few ATM machines that were brought in, as well as the lovely Kendra walking around the vendor tent the entire weekend with a portable card swiping machine made it easy for us to buy items from them on a whim, the live streaming video just outside the classroom with additional chairs so people can view the class just inside if it was already at capacity, and much more!

Yancy is incredible. I always tell him every year that he has my dream job. But probably not during detailfest. The guy was always running around, in the middle of all of us having fun and enjoying everything around us, he was hustling for pretty much the whole time so that others could see what DF was all about. Incredible. Give him an extra paid week off or something.

If you're into detailing as a hobby or as a pro or anywhere in between, and you've never been to one of these in person, it is highly recommended. It's just fun and festive. And it's my version of Spring Break. Look forward to next year, can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

We may have a surprise for you next year as well Meghan!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Had a blast at my first DF! What a great time. Really enjoyed the classes--great instructors/teachers, the live forum was a great time--all the guest are stand up people!

Glad I got to meet a lot of my fellow 'Geekers', as well as the vendors. The car show was very good. A lot of variety!

See you next year! I'll be the guy pulling my own Port-O-let behind my car so I can hit the head when needed! LOL

Just pick up some adult diapers and you'll be good. Ask me how I know...

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^LOL! That's funny!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like
    This was my first year at Detail Fest, it was a fantastic well organized event. The weather was perfect and all the Autogeek staff was on the ball making sure everything went to plan.
    Even though I had to work the show I still was able to see most of the cars and have some good conversation with Dennis Gauge about Studebakers. I just wish I was able to get into some of the classes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaJae View Post

We may have a surprise for you next year as well Meghan!
    Should I be scared???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Had a blast at my first DF! What a great time. Really enjoyed the classes--great instructors/teachers, the live forum was a great time--all the guest are stand up people!

Glad I got to meet a lot of my fellow 'Geekers', as well as the vendors. The car show was very good. A lot of variety!

See you next year! I'll be the guy pulling my own Port-O-let behind my car so I can hit the head when needed! LOL

Sizzle message received and just for you we will have more toilets next year!!

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyed every bit of DF 9. Although I couldn't be there on Sat I watched some of the webcasts. The panel was neat, but I REALLY enjoyed watching Renny with the "build your business" although I'm not a professional detailer, I found him very motivational about life in general. Learning how to better use a rotary in Mike's clinic was a great opportunity and honor to be taught by him.

I enjoy seeing Meghan every year (thanks for the tour of the expanded part of the warehouse for my wife and me) along with the rest of the crew. I really don't have any areas of improvement for DF, I just can't believe how you all do better each and every year.

Even the food trucks were spot-on, and they (I'm pretty sure it was one of the food trucks that ran over the water meter) brought the excitement with the geyser at the end.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    Sizzle message received and just for you we will have more toilets next year!!
    Thank you very much!
    Our trip over would be much slower if I had to follow Scott towing a portable toilet
    Buddy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for you kind comments, you all are going to make be blush lol! Nah I enjoy my job and I see that it shows. Now to start to figure out how to top this year, hmmmmmm.

Yancy Martinez - MNKYHead Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brace1 View Post
    Enjoyed every bit of DF 9. Although I couldn't be there on Sat I watched some of the webcasts. The panel was neat, but I REALLY enjoyed watching Renny with the "build your business" although I'm not a professional detailer, I found him very motivational about life in general. Learning how to better use a rotary in Mike's clinic was a great opportunity and honor to be taught by him.

I enjoy seeing Meghan every year (thanks for the tour of the expanded part of the warehouse for my wife and me) along with the rest of the crew. I really don't have any areas of improvement for DF, I just can't believe how you all do better each and every year.

Even the food trucks were spot-on, and they (I'm pretty sure it was one of the food trucks that ran over the water meter) brought the excitement with the geyser at the end.
    Bill it was my pleasure you are VIP due to the number of Detail Fests you have been too!
    And as for the geyser that surely was not planned but was a lot of fun!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast