autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Bremec View Post
    I would rather have dust and grime sit on my vehicle and wait to do a proper wash method rather then taking a chance wiping the particulates into the paint. I've learned the protection such and wax, sealants, and coatings are your friend.
    +1

I like how Larry from AMMO says adding layers of protection. (Something along those lines)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Love keeping my car clean

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Bremec View Post
    I would rather have dust and grime sit on my vehicle and wait to do a proper wash method rather then taking a chance wiping the particulates into the paint. I've learned the protection such and wax, sealants, and coatings are your friend.
    well stated.....

BUT, if its bird $hit, i pull out the QD i keep in my car with a MF towel and get it off asap with the grabbing technique....

Friends dont let friends have bird ish on their paint!

LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beachkidcb View Post
    well stated.....

BUT, if its bird $hit, i pull out the QD i keep in my car with a MF towel and get it off asap with the grabbing technique....

Friends dont let friends have bird ish on their paint!

LOL!
    True

Post Thanks / Like

It all depends on the time you have. When I was working I had no time for constant car attention but when I retired I could devote whatever amount of time to my cars I wanted. I paid an extra $1600 for special three stage paint (Diamond White) on my ML350. It is hard as a rock and can't be hurt as long as you use a good QD and the right microfiber towel AND common sense. Even then you should not over do it and that is where the common sense comes in. A weekly wash followed by a QD or "topper" product is all that is really necessary between details. Under normal conditions any more than that is a waste of time but like I said, if time is not a factor and you have plenty of it go ahead and enjoy - just know that at some point you will have to correct the mistakes that you will eventually make.

Post Thanks / Like

Bird crap and this yellowy/orange crap from something.
    I find it once in a while on the car and try and get it off asap. It still seems to leave marks in the clear coat! ###???
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Bird crap and this yellowy/orange crap from something.
    I find it once in a while on the car and try and get it off asap. It still seems to leave marks in the clear coat! ###???
    Its because bird droppings contain uric acid. They literally ETCH the paint job just like hard water spots.

This is one of the few reason i keep an extra bottle of QD with a few MF towels in my car.

The only way to protect against this is:

A: park away from trees, powerlines, light poles... anywhere birds perch
    2: keep your cars protection up to date
    iii: keep bb gun in car and fire off warning shots for all avianic wildlife in the immediate area

otherwise this is you -------->

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beachkidcb View Post
    Its because bird droppings contain uric acid. They literally ETCH the paint job just like hard water spots.

This is one of the few reason i keep an extra bottle of QD with a few MF towels in my car.

The only way to protect against this is:

A: park away from trees, powerlines, light poles... anywhere birds perch
    2: keep your cars protection up to date
    iii: keep bb gun in car and fire off warning shots for all avianic wildlife in the immediate area

otherwise this is you -------->
    Oh I know... just blows my mind it happens and happens so fast.
    I never park under trees for this reason.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, how many wives think we're crazy.

I cringe when she says, it's only a car. Yeah, but it's our car, and as an artist by trade, esthetics mean more to me than most. My daughter seems to agree with my wife and my son with me. Must be a girl/guy thing.
    I keep telling her that walking from the distant corners of the parking lots is good exercise and that the button on the remote that opens all of the windows is fine to use when parking in the open sun rather than under a tree.
    Those of you with your better halves completely understanding your insanity, I envy you.

Be well............elliot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by michelliot View Post
    Yup, how many wives think we're crazy.

I cringe when she says, it's only a car. Yeah, but it's our car, and as an artist by trade, esthetics mean more to me than most. My daughter seems to agree with my wife and my son with me. Must be a girl/guy thing.
    I keep telling her that walking from the distant corners of the parking lots is good exercise and that the button on the remote that opens all of the windows is fine to use when parking in the open sun rather than under a tree.
    Those of you with your better halves completely understanding your insanity, I envy you.

Be well............elliot
    Oh it is so NOT a girl/guy thing!
    My husband gives me #### all the time because it takes me forever to park and it usually requires walking (god forbid).
    Also no tree spots... and I even avoid parking next to yank tanks when possible.

I'm the one washing my car all the time. The husband tries to get me to wash his but I just tell him to take responsibility and wash his own. Mean? Maybe... but how else is he gonna learn?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by detailkitty View Post
    oh it is so not a girl/guy thing!
    My husband gives me #### all the time because it takes me forever to park and it usually requires walking (god forbid).
    Also no tree spots... And i even avoid parking next to yank tanks when possible.

i'm the one washing my car all the time. The husband tries to get me to wash his but i just tell him to take responsibility and wash his own. Mean? Maybe... But how else is he gonna learn? :d

good for you monica

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12