autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Detail Fest Celebrity Guest- Barry Meguiar

What could possibly make Detail Fest even more Car Crazy?? How about Barry Meguiar at Detail Fest 2013; you do not get more Car Crazy than Barry!

So we would love to announce our newest addition to the line up for Detail Fest, the one and only Barry Meguiar! We're honored to have Barry at our headquarters!

He will be here Saturday to meet and greet all of the attendees for Detail Fest and to sign autographs.

If you are as Car Crazy as I think you are, you will not want to miss this event!!

Max and Barry at SEMA.

A little background on Barry Meguiar courtesy of Meguiars...

Barry Meguiar represents the third generation of the company his grandfather founded in 1901. For Barry, working at Meguiar's started during his grade school years, working summers replacing production employees when they went on vacation.

In high school, he began working part-time year round in accounting, becoming the one-man accounting department during his college years. Meguiar's gross sales were $600,000 per year, with most of the 12 employees being family members.

Upon graduation from college, Barry and his wife Karen moved to Detroit to look after Meguiar's relations with GM, Ford, and Chrysler and to manage Meguiar's sales in the eastern third of the United States. Only in a family business could someone so young be exposed to such challenging sales opportunities.

While Meguiar's was exclusively viewed by the family as a professional brand for the car makers, car dealers, body shops and detailers, Barry saw a big opportunity looming in the consumer marketplace. Having grown up in the Southern California car culture, Barry was drawn to car shows all over the country. To his surprise, he kept finding that Meguiar's No. 7 Sealer and Reseal Glaze were being used by all of the top show car exhibitors.

Eventually, it became apparent that most custom car painters were using Meguiar's products because of their unique ability to remove swirl marks and keep fine paint finishes looking brilliant. This led to a family meeting in 1969 where Barry received approval to take Meguiar's into the consumer marketplace. His goal was to create a new brand of Meguiar's products aimed specifically at car guys. After four years of preparations, formulations, and various package designs, the very first consumer product, Meguiar's Liquid Cleaner Wax was launched at the 1973 APAA Show in Chicago.

At the time, automotive enthusiasts had no recognition among the "mass retailers" who controlled the marketplace. Undaunted, Barry's relentless passion and work ethic eventually led to retailer after retailer, featuring Meguiar's Cleaner Wax on their shelves. The rest is history with the average retailer showcasing 40 to 50 separate Meguiar's products on its shelves.

Without any funds for advertising, but determined to earn the respect of one enthusiast at a time, Barry took his products and his passion to car shows. It was the ultimate grassroots program which grew into an international marketing strategy. It was a strategy that paid off, and today, Meguiar's "men in black" can be found at almost every major car show across the country, and around the world, each weekend.

By the mid 1990's, there was growing concern that the car hobby might all but disappear. Car clubs and car shows were falling on bad times with an aging population. To counter this trend, Barry created Car Crazy Radio and Car Crazy Television to unite and mobilize car guys globally, with the goal of promoting and growing the car hobby. Special emphasis was placed on handing the passion for the hobby down to the next generation.

Car Crazy TV is now the longest running show on the SPEED TV and is viewed globally via the Internet and broadcast television. More importantly, regardless of economic fluctuations and for a variety of reasons, the car hobby has been experiencing explosive growth over the last ten years.

For Barry and for everyone at Meguiar's who share his passion, a great foundation has been built for the most exciting days, which always lie ahead.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detail Fest Celebrity Guest- Barry Meguiar

That's awesome!!
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like

I have met him before a great guy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    What could possibly make Detail Fest even more Car Crazy?? How about Barry Meguiar at Detail Fest 2013; you do not get more Car Crazy than Barry!

So we would love to announce our newest addition to the line up for Detail Fest, the one and only Barry Meguiar! We're honored to have Barry at our headquarters!

He will be here Saturday to meet and greet all of the attendees for Detail Fest and to sign autographs.

If you are as Car Crazy as I think you are, you will not want to miss this event!!
    That's Fantastic News...A: Brilliant coup!!

Many folks are happy as a lark
    (Especially for: AGO's Detail Fest/Detail Fest Attendees)

-But since I didn't make arrangements to be there this year...
    There goes my opportunity for the: Meet & Greet with "The Man"

What was I thinking??

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Mike Phillips

This is very exciting news and a great opportunity for everyone attending to meet and talk with Barry and even get your picture taken with him. I know I'm looking forwad to talking with him and getting my picture taken with him!

I've known Barry for years and he's the real deal, not only a super "Car Guy" but one of the nicest and most professional people working in the car industry. He's worked his entire life to build and promote the car hobby in all it's spectrums and we've all benefited from his hard work.

So if you're attending make it a point to meet and talk with Barry while he's here and if you're still sitting on the fence then clear your schedule and make plans to be at the biggest and best Detail Fest ever!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Too bad I'm not going to be there this year.
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Awesome! Too bad I'm not going to be there this year.
    Sorry you will miss it.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome news !!!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet he brought along his "pashen" to the show, LOL!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

We will miss you Shane! That is what I call some celebrity star power!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast