autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Aggressive Approach to Washing a Car

i think the main thing for anyone reading to note is "the aggressive car wash method" is just that, its aggressive, its going to some marring and maybe add some swirls, also the swirls you already have are going to be a lot more noticeable after all the wax and whatnot is stripped off. be ready for a full detail after you do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike I have an important question to ask you i just thought off reading one of your articles. As you know i did the aggressive car wash method the other day and thought i did some damage. i fixed it though.

my paint was in great condition as far as not needing to be clayed and being glassy. my question, how come after i did he aggressive wash method, including the low quality clay mitt, my paint was so rough to the touch? fyi im mostly talking about the hood i think the vertical panels were fine.

also quick question about one of your other articles, how can you tell if you have burnt through high points or body lines?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Mike I have an important question to ask you i just thought off reading one of your articles. As you know i did the aggressive car wash method the other day and thought i did some damage. i fixed it though.

my paint was in great condition as far as not needing to be clayed and being glassy. my question, how come after i did he aggressive wash method, including the low quality clay mitt, my paint was so rough to the touch? fyi im mostly talking about the hood i think the vertical panels were fine.

also quick question about one of your other articles, how can you tell if you have burnt through high points or body lines?
    wanted to edit this, i was just going to say it doesnt matter because its a smooth as glass now. i would like to know but its not a big deal im assuming its just from the marring

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It's really nice to follow the steps

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post

my paint was in great condition as far as not needing to be clayed and being glassy.

my question, how come after i did he aggressive wash method, including the low quality clay mitt, my paint was so rough to the touch? fyi im mostly talking about the hood i think the vertical panels were fine.

I have know idea?

But I would say, the aggressive approach to washing a car is for cars on bad shape, not cars as how you describe,

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews

my paint was in great condition as far as not needing to be clayed and being glassy.

For cars with paint in great condition, use this technique, whether they are coated or have wax or sealant,

How to safely wash a ceramic coated car by Mike Phillips - Traditional Hose & Bucket Approach

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567