autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 333 of 333 FirstFirst ... 233283323324325326327328329330331332333
Results 3,321 to 3,326 of 3326
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mike Phillips VIF or Vehicle Inspection Form

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    Might be some Human Factors training on order there. If stuff like that happens at my day job, people end up looking for work.
    I sign the front and back of checks. No one is firing me, but thanks

2. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Further. If Mike had just left my original response alone all this wouldn't be happening now.

IMO he should've replied:

Hey Flash, that's a good point. Definitely a good idea to get yourself insured. I still believe that a inspection from would be beneficial to others.

Thank you for your input.

MP

Instead he dismisses and deletes. Do you really want a teacher like that?
    He’s not who I would go to for teachings. I posted somewhere our interaction. It wasn’t a positive one for me but he has helped a lot on AG. He gets props for that from me but he doesn’t really matter to me in a positive or negative.

If he wronged you I get it but again to the many here he did help them. With him not here no one is going to change their opinion of him. And will come to his defense. Won’t change minds.

With him gone this forum needs all people with knowledge to fill the void. You won’t win by bashing him so win but you might win by being better than the way you see him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dang Lieutenant, I bet your customers think that you are strange. 99.99999% just want the car cleaned up. No need to file a report for every incident
    Again, it's about protecting both parties and being detail-oriented. It starts with the paperwork and processes. If they just want a car wash, then go to a car wash. There's a reason why people pay more elsewhere.

Example(s)? Irrelevant, but I'll play your game and give numerous from personal experience:
    Not a game, just trying to meet expectations with clarity and have details.

Leaving a car in neutral to clean gear shifter. Car rolls backwards ripping the door off (twice)
    Ripping doors off the hinges whilst moving (twice)
    Burnt paint (twice)
    Ruining a computer under a seat by getting it wet (once)
    Driving into a parked car (w/ less then 100 miles) going 60mph (once)

Probably more but I have a headache from being Hangry. If I think of more I will report back SIR!!

P.S. You should really consider getting yourself some business insurance. It's available for under 1k per year and is tax deductible. Accidents happen to the best of us...
    I've been in detailing for going on 38 years. I grew up in a family that owned three dealerships and a used car lot; worked in a body shop and nearly every aspect, from sales to finance. The only thing I've not done is engine work. I've never had an accident with a vehicle, such as ripping doors off or wrecking one. I attribute that to solid standard operating procedures. (SOPs)

I've never ruined or damaged any electronics and paint burn, one time, many many years ago, and i was a re-painted panel and my TC's outline I'm not responsible. Customers sign off on it, and just like with the purchase of a used vehicle as-is or the installation of any mods, they enter that at their own risk. That's not to say one can excuse any and all damages, but there is a legality that's at play when it comes to negligence.

Accidents are defined as unfortunate happenings with unintentionally caused circumstances. Negligence is the lack of ordinary care, skill, or management of a process or property. That's why your very first point about people just wanting their cars "cleaned up" is irrelevant. The detailing process is about ensuring that we manage and exhibit responsibility around reasonable and professional care and adhere to strict and measured processes. When those professional documented processes are ignored or skipped is when the liability window opens up wide.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

6. Thanks SameGuy thanked for this post
    Likes SameGuy, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Again, it's about protecting both parties and being detail-oriented. It starts with the paperwork and processes. If they just want a car wash, then go to a car wash. There's a reason why people pay more elsewhere.

Not a game, just trying to meet expectations with clarity and have details.

I've been in detailing for going on 38 years. I grew up in a family that owned three dealerships and a used car lot; worked in a body shop and nearly every aspect, from sales to finance. The only thing I've not done is engine work. I've never had an accident with a vehicle, such as ripping doors off or wrecking one. I attribute that to solid standard operating procedures. (SOPs)

I've never ruined or damaged any electronics and paint burn, one time, many many years ago, and i was a re-painted panel and my TC's outline I'm not responsible. Customers sign off on it, and just like with the purchase of a used vehicle as-is or the installation of any mods, they enter that at their own risk. That's not to say one can excuse any and all damages, but there is a legality that's at play when it comes to negligence.

Accidents are defined as unfortunate happenings with unintentionally caused circumstances. Negligence is the lack of ordinary care, skill, or management of a process or property. That's why your very first point about people just wanting their cars "cleaned up" is irrelevant. The detailing process is about ensuring that we manage and exhibit responsibility around reasonable and professional care and adhere to strict and measured processes. When those professional documented processes are ignored or skipped is when the liability window opens up wide.
    Cool story bro. Thanks for the insight. Your obviously better then me. You win. Hope you have a nice day

Post Thanks / Like

Cool story bro. Thanks for the insight. Your obviously better then me. You win. Hope you have a nice day
    There's no "win" here man, just paying forward knowledge and help like everyone else. Take it or leave it. There's no one way or best way either, only our own way. Hard to tell on forums how anyone takes the replies but no offense is ever intended. Thanks for the conversation.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

9. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    There's no "win" here man, just paying forward knowledge and help like everyone else. Take it or leave it. There's no one way or best way either, only our own way. Hard to tell on forums how anyone takes the replies but no offense is ever intended. Thanks for the conversation.
    It's all good friend.

Have always enjoyed viewing the jobs that you post and your other contributions to the forum. If someone doesn't disagree with me occasionally I get suspicious

11. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
Page 333 of 333 FirstFirst ... 233283323324325326327328329330331332333