autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A few tips on starting a part-time detailing business

This is a big discussion on the Facebook group right now Mike a lot of people are saying that they're just over delivering to ensure they're giving their customers the best but I think they're forgetting in the end it's their time and effort they're losing and not getting reimbursed for that because like most of us we have a hard time quitting

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Is this App available for Android?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buster906 View Post
    Is this App available for Android?

In the works

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I look forward to this development

Mike Phillips

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

With regards to the monthly maintenance package, this is something we just implemented and have seen great success with it so far! Similar to getting your hair cut or oil changed, it just becomes something you do instead of something you seek out - consumers also loving the convenience and saving money. I'm sure it's covered in another post but I think a quality steamer is something every amateur or professional should have in their arsenal due to the myriad of benefits and ease of use.

Great write-up! I'm looking forward to being apart of this forum.
    Automotive Enthusiast and life long learner
    Proud owner and operator of NN Mobile Detailing in Newport News, VA

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by brianhudman View Post

With regards to the monthly maintenance package, this is something we just implemented and have seen great success with it so far! Similar to getting your hair cut or oil changed, it just becomes something you do instead of something you seek out - consumers also loving the convenience and saving money.

I'm sure it's covered in another post but I think a quality steamer is something every amateur or professional should have in their arsenal due to the myriad of benefits and ease of use.

Great write-up! I'm looking forward to being apart of this forum.

Thanks for sharing.

I recently had a friend share with me that after they install a ceramic coating, they offer one maintenance wash a few weeks later so they can re-inspect their work.

Not only does it give them a chance to re-inspect their work PLUS get feedback from their customer, it introduces the customer to their "Maintenance Wash". The idea being after the customer's car is PROFESSIONALLY washed, and this also is an Express Detail, the customer loves it so much they return and pay the normal price and/or sign-up for the Maintenance Package, which is a wash and express detail.

8. Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Thanks for sharing.

I recently had a friend share with me that after they install a ceramic coating, they offer one maintenance wash a few weeks later so they can re-inspect their work.

Not only does it give them a chance to re-inspect their work PLUS get feedback from their customer, it introduces the customer to their "Maintenance Wash". The idea being after the customer's car is PROFESSIONALLY washed, and this also is an Express Detail, the customer loves it so much they return and pay the normal price and/or sign-up for the Maintenance Package, which is a wash and express detail.

I'm glad I stumbled upon this! I actually started offering two maintenance washes a while back, basically for these exact same reasons. I've had one lady take me up on it and she has been very impressed.

It truly is a great concept in my opinion!

I'll be completing her second maintenance wash this next Thursday, When she picks up her vehicle I'll Tell her about my maintenance wash package which we call our Emerald Light package and offer her 20% off of any additional interior maintenance detailing if she comes back within 3 months.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN View Post

I'm glad I stumbled upon this!

I actually started offering two maintenance washes a while back, basically for these exact same reasons. I've had one lady take me up on it and she has been very impressed.

It truly is a great concept in my opinion!

I learnt this concept from someone else, made sense.

Post Thanks / Like

I am considering starting to detail for cash, and i would love some input on my thought process and plan.

I detail friends cars, and genuinely enjoy bringing the life back into paint. Im looking to start detailing as a bit of a side gig, like the this thread discusses. The caveat is I'm not really looking to do a lot of business or make a big profit. I really just want to fund all the detailing supplies i buy. Basically use my hobby to pay for my hobby. A budy of mine does this for his camera equipment, and another for his Plants.

I have the pads and the tools for my own use, but i realized the chemicals i use, arent well suited to production detailing or even just well priced detailing for the average car person (think, 350z/ mustang GT more than new corvette) People that care, but that dont have the pockets for an established detailing business is kind of the niche im aiming it. I ordered some new chemicals and i have maybe a 200 dollar investment at this stage.

My plan is to use these chemicals (mostly meguiars detailer and mirror glaze line) on a few friends cars, and take some before and after photos. I figure this does a few things:

A. It gets me more familiar with these products
    B. shows me how much product i use on an average car
    C. Tells me how much time it is going to take.
    D. after detailing 5 cars in a month it tells me if i truly want to do this.

After I work on my numbers, come up with a pricing plan based on usage and time, ill ask my friends to post their before and after photos on their social media and tag me.
    My plan is to start of with 2 details a month. By this i mean folks that dont just want me to wash their car. I'm open to doing way more of those.

I am not trying to produce a concourse car, I dont have the skill for it. But i do have the skill to help the guy/gal in their 20s who has a car they care about get their car looking good.

Id love some feedback.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast