autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

How To Apply Mothers California Gold Pure Carnauba Paste by Machine

How To Apply Mothers California Gold Carnauba Paste Wax by Machine

After applying Mother's Synwax by machine to the Magnum Project I topped it with Mothers California Gold Pure Carnauba Paste Wax and because I like to put the frosting on the cake by machine I used a Lake Country 5.5" Blue Finishing Pad on a Porter Cable 7424XP and simply placed the face of the foam pad into the tin of wax, blipped the on/off button a time or two and wala... ready to go to town...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To Apply Mothers California Gold Pure Carnauba Paste by Machine

Wow, that pad was ment for it. Perfect fit.
    Not to bash on the product, but my experience from using the wax 15 years ago was it tends to powder ALOT. Do you find this the same upon removal or it from excessive wax applied?
    There is no place like 172.0.0.1

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried this 3rd product on their Wax System, which is the Pure Carnauba because it's an OTC product here. It is not at all hard to apply and remove, but haven't tried it by machine yet, not to mention sticking the pad inside the can. It is in a pretty huge packaging compared to other brands. As other carnauba waxes, this has a beautiful shine to it as well.

Thanks for sharing, Mike.

Stop whining and crying like a baby! Life sucks...deal with it!

Post Thanks / Like

I would say excessive application. When you say powder, i would assume you mean the residue it leaves after hazing and during removal.

Stop whining and crying like a baby! Life sucks...deal with it!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by C30-Mike View Post
    Wow, that pad was meant for it. Perfect fit.
    Not to bash on the product, but my experience from using the wax 15 years ago was it tends to powder ALOT. Do you find this the same upon removal or it from excessive wax applied?

I had zero powder issues and because I applied by machine I was able to lay down a thin uniform coating which after it dried wiped-off effortlessly.

I did my best to take a picture that showed just how glossy the paint was after removing the California Gold Pure Carnauba Paste Wax.... is it working?

Of course claying the paint first and then machine polishing the paint with the Mothers Foam Pad Polish using the Flex 3401 and a PC 7424XP are the first steps to creating high gloss, the wax is just the frosting on the cake.

Full thread on this project can be found here,

Thank you Mothers and Forrest Tosi

Mike Phillips

See the entire write-up for this project by clicking the link below...

Dodge Magnum - Swirl Removal - Mothers Extreme Makeover

Post Thanks / Like

I just did this today! My can of Mothers Pure paste is at least 20 years old and still as the day it was new. This is a forgotten about wax that is a fantastic product. It also comes in the most perfect container for DA application with a 5.5 inch pad. Results came out fantastic also. Really a great Nuba for the price and I can verify that it last a long time if you don't use a lot. One of the best smelling waxes of all time also....trust me, I have a lot of waxes!
    Jim

8. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I just did this today! My can of Mothers Pure paste is at least 20 years old and still as the day it was new. This is a forgotten about wax that is a fantastic product. It also comes in the most perfect container for DA application with a 5.5 inch pad. Results came out fantastic also. Really a great Nuba for the price and I can verify that it last a long time if you don't use a lot. One of the best smelling waxes of all time also....trust me, I have a lot of waxes!
    I always loved the aroma of that wax!

I tried to melt my old tin to fit in a different container about ten years ago.... I really wish I hadn't done that.

Mike Phillips

I just did this today! My can of Mothers Pure paste is at least 20 years old and still as the day it was new. This is a forgotten about wax that is a fantastic product.
    I agree. Smells great. Works great. Looks great!

It also comes in the most perfect container for DA application with a 5.5 inch pad.
    Yep.... I've pointed this out to people in charge of making "container" decisions at multiple places I've worked in my life and it never goes anywhere.

Here's a free marketing tip to anyone that will read this into the future that makes a paste wax or paste sealant or is going to make a paste wax or paste sealant....

Put it in a can like the Mother's Californial Gold Carnauba Wax

Why? Look at the below picture....

That's why.

We sell tools, not hands.

Results came out fantastic also. Really a great Nuba for the price and I can verify that it last a long time if you don't use a lot. One of the best smelling waxes of all time also....trust me, I have a lot of waxes!
    I agree. It's a hidden gem in the Mothers line and amongst all carnauba waxes.

For everyone reading this into the future, just remember this is a FINISHING WAX also called a SHOW CAR WAX - what this means is it has ZERO cleaning ability. It's for use on paint in perfect condition.

Just call me Mr. Mom
    Post Thanks / Like

That can design is older than many of the members here, but it's still the best.

And if you love the smell of bubble gum, you'll love the smell of the wax.

12. Likes Dr Oldz, Farmallluvr liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast