autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: How to upload a photo into your Autogeek Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by jwc7 View Post

There is no grey bar with the text "Upload Photos".

Plus, the next few screens in your thread do not look like what I get.

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post

Exactly, I've been trying same thing and it doesn't show anymore.

Those screens don't show up, like the software has changed or something.

We upgraded the forum about a year ago and the buttons ARE STILL THERE it's just the colors have changed.

I just took screen shots and using the directions I wrote on how to

1. Resize photos
    2. Upload photos
    3. And insert photos

{Which shows what I wrote works)

Here you go, I just took this screenshot and while the bar is now black instead of grey the button UPLOAD PHOTS is still there.

Here's a cropped out version of the above picture to make it easier to see....

Don't know what else to say?

No one taught me how to work with pictures in the forum world. I figured it out on my own. Then because I could see that others couldn't figure it out I wrote a services of how-to articles doing the best I could using screenshots to show others how to do it.

I did my best but at some point... I have to let everyone else figure it out on their own... Sure the software upgrade changed colors SUBTLY but not dramatic. The key thing is the WORDS not the colors.

Mike Phillips

Now yesterday, be a request via PM - I wrote this article and it's my strong guess that the two above comments were generated by this new article.

How to get pictures into your threads and replies on a discussion forum

Here's the second paragraph in the above article

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips

I have not written any recent articles on how to do this because in my opinion, people don't read so a video would be better. Problem is for me is I'm busy with a lot of behind the scenes projects and simply don't have the time to make a video showing visually how to make pictures magically show up on a forum.

And the above is accurate. The article in question here was written 8 years ago, here's a screenshot showing the date.

Here's a screenshot of the screen

Here's a close up to make it easier to see...

and of course I just took these two screenshots and using the same techniques I share in my articles - I uploaded them and inserted them into this thread.

So sure we could use updated articles that use screenshots with the updated forum software colors but really - the info is what's important the pictures just help.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't find that screenshot you're showing. the page with the tab for uploading pictures. I went to my profile page but it's not there. any thoughts ?
    Carlo

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by hmardown View Post

I can't find that screenshot you're showing. the page with the tab for uploading pictures. I went to my profile page but it's not there. any thoughts ?

Carlo

Here's my thoughts....

I clicked to the first page of this thread and looed at the date I created this thread,

10-19-2009, 06:46 PM

That's 8 years ago. Things change. This forum's skin has changed and the software has been updated multiple times since I created this thread.

I've written numerous articles showing people how to upload pictures to the free gallery here on AGO and it for the most part seems to be pointless and most people won't read and thus cannot "learn" or teach themselves how to do it.

No one showed me by the way, I taught myself.

The above said. I clicked on the GALLERY text button and that took me to here,

A community photo gallery - AutogeekOnline Gallery

Then I clicked on the UPLOAD PHOTOS button that I show you in the below picture

And then I used the interface presented to find the picture you see above and uploaded it. And then I used the [IMG] or IMAGE TAGS to insert the image you see above.

So the gallery works if you can figure out how to work it.

Like I said, I taught myself how to use online galleries and share pictures on forums back in 2002 and it's been a very helpful skill for the last 16 years as I post more pictures to forums than anyone I know or have ever met.

5. Likes mc2hill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I never could get the hang of posting pictures using the AG software. I use Tapatalk. It’s super simple and I can use it to post on all supported forums.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post

I never could get the hang of posting pictures using the AG software.

Yeah... I didn't get the hang of it until I applied myself. Most forums use vB software and most vB forums use the gallery we use so it's actually pretty common.

The gallery works great once you teach yourself a thing or two about how to work with pictures in the Internet world. I just created a new folder and then uploaded 6 picture here,

https://www.autogeekonline.net/galle...y.php/cat/3758

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post

I use Tapatalk. It’s super simple and I can use it to post on all supported forums.
    I use it too but I don't know how STABLE the picture insertion is over time. By this I mean, I can find pictures I posted to the forum world dating back to 2004 no problem.

I don't know if back in 2004 had I posted an image using TapaTalk if it would still be there or a red x.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't host on AG for a good while. I had trouble with the system. I used Photobucket. And then Photobucket did that thing..grrrrr.

Anyway....I found a new hosting site. But then I thought about it, and like Mike P says, I'd rather have my stuff that I worked long and hard for, to be on a more stable platform. I trust that AG will be around a long time.

I use bulkresizephotos (dot com) to resize my images to a width of 800. Then upload the pics to the AG gallery into a folder I create. I name them a certain way so they're easier for me to find and use in my threads.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post

I didn't host on AG for a good while. I had trouble with the system. I used Photobucket. And then Photobucket did that thing..grrrrr.

For the record, I warned people about Photobucket for YEARS! I probably have, 3, 4 maybe 5 articles warning people to NOT use Photobucket.

What happened? Now we have thousands, possibly tens of thousands of missing pictures on just this forum alone.

Anyway....I found a new hosting site. But then I thought about it, and like Mike P says, I'd rather have my stuff that I worked long and hard for, to be on a more stable platform. I trust that AG will be around a long time.
    Copy that. Meguiar's too. I have thousands of pictures uploaded to the MeguiarsOnline.com forum gallery and they are still there today. I don't think Meguiar's is going anywhere either.

I use bulkresizephotos (dot com) to resize my images to a width of 800.
    Learn something new every day. I use Easy Thumbnails on my computer but having an online option will come in handy. Thanks for sharing.

Then upload the pics to the AG gallery into a folder I create.

I name them a certain way so they're easier for me to find and use in my threads.

Naming your pictures takes an extra step but makes uploading dozens or in my situation, hundreds of pictures a LOT faster. I do this every time I share pictures on any forum. Here's my article showing how I do it.

Editor view of BB code behind multiple pictures

Post Thanks / Like

thanks everyone I'm sure i have enough info to figure it out. I appreciate all the help
    Carlo

Post Thanks / Like

Trying Tapatalk nowHow to upload a photo into your Autogeek Photo Gallery-img_0709-jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and on the 8th day He said teach this boy how to use tapatalk !

thanks guy's this was easy enough. the only problem is I'm pretty new to the smartphone world also. but I'm getting there.
    Carlo
    Last edited by hmardown; 12-01-2018 at 09:10 AM. Reason: more info

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast