autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to use Griot's Garage to detail your car - A detail job Richard Griot would be proud of!

The details you share during the process are absolutely amazing as are the results. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to use Griot's Garage to detail your car - A detail job Richard Griot would be proud of!

Mike, so glad to finally see this write up and it's a dang good one at that. That car went from beautiful to absolutely gorgeous! Job well done!

-Chris

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by mrken1 View Post

Needless to say AWESOME !!!!! As always THANKS !!!!!
    Thank you.

This was another fun car to add to my repertoire of cars I've detailed in my life.

repertoire

rep·er·toire (rĕp′ər-twär′)

noun

1. The stock of songs, plays, operas, readings, or other pieces that a player or company is prepared to perform.

2. The class of compositions in a genre: has excellent command of the chanteuse repertoire.

3. The range or number of skills, aptitudes, or special accomplishments of a particular person or group.

Quote Originally Posted by mrken1 View Post

This time of the year Griots Spray Wash is my product..
    Griot's Spray Wash works great. I like the shape of their spray bottles too, they are stable when you set them down and don't fall over easily. Kind of like Weebles.

The trick to any spray wash is to match the level of spray you lay down to the level of dirt on the car. That and using a LOT of microfiber towels to reduce the risk of instilling swirls and scratches.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Car!

Great write up Mike as usual.

Quick Question! For those of us who don't have a dual stage un-obtanium, no room in the garage compressor, except for the trustee 26gal - 3.8cfm @ 90psi or 5.1cfm @ 40psi Max of 150psi, does this new tool wipe out a small compressor such as that? Does it need to run @ 90psi or will a lower pressure do it?

Thanks.

Aaron
    Aaron's the name!
    Live long and prosper Leonard Nimoy

Post Thanks / Like

The Griot's Garage 6" DA Orbital Polisher

Hey Mike, great article. Thank you.

How can I get those black plugs to replace where the handle goes?

They look like they are off the boss polisher.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by boomdone View Post

Very cool. Really enjoyed reading.

The timing is appropriate as well. I just ordered a GG 6" with a 5" BP and the new 3" HD BP as well as 3" and 5" Boss pads. Now I just need the surface prep pad and some Boss creams and I'll be totally set.
    Thank you and a quote from Bob McKee

Timing is everything -Bob McKee

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

Excellent write up Mike.

Especially for those that are just starting out.
    Thank you sir.

Kind of targeted at anyone moving up from working by hand to working by machine or anyone that already owns a tool like the Griot's 6" DA Orbital Polisher but it's still in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin@FinalInspection View Post

Awesome Mike!

Griot's Garage has really been stepping up there game over the past year or so. My favorites include my G21, BOSS microfiber pads and there Fast correcting cream.

Great job on a iconic car.
    Thank you.

I agree, Griot's has been coming on strong, doing everything right and avoiding mistakes. That's a recipe for success.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post

I don't know why I waited so long to try Griot's, but since Rod Kraft went to work for them, I have been converted and love everything that I've used!

Nice work!
    With Rod Kraft, Jeff Brown and Doug Hodge, that's a powerful team with a LOT of knowledge and experience. I'd hate to compete against them. Glad we're on the same side.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

Mike, incredible work on the Cuda'!

I'm glad you showed what can be done with Griot's Garage products, they are often overlooked by many here on AG and with your detailed write up, well, I see some sales coming their way for sure!
    The Griot's polisher, pads and products are capable of amazing work and results. All a person has to do is put the time in behind the polisher.

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post

This is one of the best write ups I've seen from you and I've read many even back to the Meguiar's days.

The car is from my era, the photography, time taken, explanations, links to product & articles are all simply excellent. The final result you produced with the Griot's products is nothing short of show car status.

Thanks Mike, this one was a home run in so many ways. Your expertise is appreciated. I still learn from here on a daily basis even though I'm a bit too old to put it to use.

Thanks Rick, you've been in the forum world a long time and always a positive contributing member. Your compliment is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin845 View Post

The details you share during the process are absolutely amazing as are the results.

Thank you
    Thank you.

While it did take some time to do the work, take the pictures, process the pictures and then write the copy, this was still what I would call a quickie for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1EdgeKilla View Post

Mike, so glad to finally see this write up and it's a dang good one at that. That car went from beautiful to absolutely gorgeous! Job well done!

-Chris
    Thanks Chris....

I did all the work a few days before leaving for SEMA and also buffed out the yellow 1940 Pontiac in the background in the pictures the day before leaving for SEMA and that write-up is still in the works.

I'm a firm believe in always walking the walk. Anyone can talk the talk. The best way to lead is by example.

Quote Originally Posted by Nappers View Post

Awesome Car!

Great write up Mike as usual.
    Thanks Aaron.

Quote Originally Posted by Nappers View Post

Quick Question! For those of us who don't have a dual stage un-obtanium, no room in the garage compressor, except for the trustee 26gal - 3.8cfm @ 90psi or 5.1cfm @ 40psi Max of 150psi, does this new tool wipe out a small compressor such as that? Does it need to run @ 90psi or will a lower pressure do it?

Thanks.

Aaron
    You really need an a 2-3 horsepower, 60 gallon air tank air compressor to run any air tool effectively over time. From my experience, all air tools are air hogs, even small ones.

Good question, thanks for asking.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful Mike

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by yg1829 View Post

Thank you for the compliment.

To be honest, I'm not sure where I obtained the plastic screw plugs? Could have been the BOSS polishers or the 6" DA?

I'll try to find out.

I rarely use any type of handle on any type of polisher so it's nice to put some type of bolt back into the head of the polisher either because it holds components in the head of the polisher together or holds the actual cap onto the polisher.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, in depth review as always!

Thanks, Mike!

Post Thanks / Like

Very observant. I've never been one to use the D-Handle. The BOSS side plugs work fantastic on the 6" Random Orbital. Not only does it secure the head of the polisher...it looks sweet and clean! I've added the BOSS Plugs to future 6" Random Orbitals. It is a running change, but will eventually be included with the tool. At this point, there isn't provisions to buy the plugs as an accessory... But let me look into that for you guys.

Jeff

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Jeff from Griot's Garage- Product Developer
    Car Care for the Perfectionist

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast