autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to use Griot's Garage to detail your car - A detail job Richard Griot would be proud of!

Very cool. Really enjoyed reading. The timing is appropriate as well. I just ordered a GG 6" with a 5" BP and the new 3" HD BP as well as 3" and 5" Boss pads. Now I just need the surface prep pad and some Boss creams and I'll be totally set.

Mike Phillips

Re: How to use Griot's Garage to detail your car - A detail job Richard Griot would be proud of!

Just to comment....

I've been answering car detailing questions on the Internet that I can document back to 1994, that's 23 years.

One of the most common questions comes from people that have always worked by hand but are ready to make the switch to working by machine and when they are ready to make their purchase their question is usually something like this...

Which tool for a beginner?

Here at Autogeek we sell all the popular tools and when used correctly they can all turn out show car quality work as I document via pictures of all the tools being used in our Competition Ready Detailing Classes. (you get to use all the tools on really cool cars when you attend one of these classes).

While all the tools are capable with the right products, pads and technique... if you are just starting out or if you're looking to purchase a polisher as a gift fro someone one, then my advice is to keep it simple. Keep it real simple. You or the person you're purchasing the gift for can always add more advanced tools to their tool collection down the road.

The Griot's Garage 6" DA Orbital Polisher is a great starter polisher. And if all you're detailing is your own cars then it could be the only polisher you ever need.

Benefits

It has plenty of power - The most powerful polisher in it's category as attested to by thousands of users.

8mm Orbit Stroke Length - This style of orbital polisher is responsible for MILLIONS of cars being successfully de-swirled and made to look like molten glass.

Excellent warranty - Again, as attested to by thousands of satisfied customers.

Lots of backing plate options - This allows the user to use the largest variety of pads as compared to any other tool.

Lots of pad options - Did I say lots? I mean LOTS of pad option! My guess is there are more pad options for this tool than any other tool on the market including not just the great pads that Griot's offers but lots of other pads available on Autogeek.com

Lightweight - This tool only weighs around 5 pounds. Anyone can learn how to use and master this tool. Young and old, men, boys, ladies and yes girls.

Compact design - The compact design makes this tool easy to use and work around just about any shape of car, boat, motorcycle, airplane or motorhome.

The above is just off the top of my head but you get the idea. For someone just starting out in the machine polishing world whether they are a weekend warrior buffing out their own car or starting a detailing business, this is a great starter polisher and for some a forever polisher.

It's also available in a heavy duty version which means here at Autogeek we've already wired in a heavy duty 25' cord so the user is ensured the right gauge wire to run the tool without harming the electronics in the tool or voiding the factory warranty. Plus you don't have to hassle with extension cords and remember, not all extension cords use the right gauge wiring.

On Autogeek.com

Griots Garage 6 Inch Random Orbital Polisher

Griots Garage 6 Inch Heavy Duty Random Orbital Polisher

The Griot's Garage 6" DA Orbital Polisher

If you have any questions about this tool or questions about which backing plate, pads or product to get with it? Or even if you have questions on how to use it?

Call Autogeek's top notch Customer Care Staff and they can answer all your questions and help you to get exactly what you need for all your car detailing projects.

1-800-869-3011

And of course, you can always join the AutogeekOnline discussion forum where myself and hundreds of other passionate car lovers will do our best to answer your questions...

Click here to join the AutogeekOnline Car Detailing Discussion Forum!

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent write up Mike. Especially for those that are just starting out.

Post Thanks / Like

That's my favorite car 71 Cuda w/ Hemi or a 440 preferably in Plum Crazy! That orange sure hits you in the eyeballs now! Love it, looks fabulous.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Mike! Griots Garage has really been stepping up there game over the past year or so. My favorites include my G21, BOSS microfiber pads and there Fast correcting cream.

Great job on a iconic car.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why I waited so long to try Griots, but since Rod Kraft went to work for them, I have been converted and love everything that I've used!Nice work!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justin@FinalInspection View Post
    Awesome Mike! Griots Garage has really been stepping up there game over the past year or so. My favorites include my G21, BOSS microfiber pads and there Fast correcting cream.

Great job on a iconic car.
    Jeez Louise, I was just going to make this EXACT same post! :-p
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, incredible work on the Cuda'!

I'm glad you showed what can be done with Griot's Garage products, they are often overlooked by many here on AG and with your detailed write up, well, I see some sales coming their way for sure! That pneumatic polisher must be nice to use, too bad I don't have an air compressor but for those who do, great little tool for sure. I've been using Griot's since 2005 and every single one of their products have done what they said they'd do. I even bought a digital air gauge from them back in 2007 and the battery has never been changed out, quality stuff!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by High Caliber View Post
    That's my favorite car 71 Cuda w/ Hemi or a 440 preferably in Plum Crazy! That orange sure hits you in the eyeballs now! Love it, looks fabulous.
    This one is a 70', the 71' has 4 headlights, the only Cuda' to have that BTW.
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

This is one of the best write ups I've seen from you and I've read many even back to the Meguiar's days. The car is from my era, the photography, time taken, explanations, links to product & articles are all simply excellent. The final result you produced with the Griot's products is nothing short of showcar status. Thanks Mike, this one was a home run in so many ways. Your expertise is appreciated. I still learn from here on a daily basis even though I'm a bit too old to put it to use.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast