autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do tell
    Has to do with super hard gel coats, not related to windows so I was gonna try and keep the post on topic I don't have much computer time so my reviews/experiences learned are very limited unless I find something that will help a broader range of people and polishing gel coat doesn't get talked about much
    A passion for perfection!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to remove tiny pinhole pits in glass windows using a rotary buffer

Mike, thanks a ton for this. You just answered the question to my other thread I started a couple days ago. Great help!

Post Thanks / Like

MIKE, I could really use some help with this one, like I posted previously I purchased everything you used, except for I just realized that the diamondnite polish i got was not the resurfacing cream but the glassworks restoring polish, not sure if there the same, and at the time of purchase only the smaller glass cutting disc were available, which i used a smaller backing plate that didnt completely make contact with all of the disc, I did get the 5.5 yellow polish pad. Following what you did I tried a small area to test and well completely #$%^ up my that spot, I wish I had a picture to show you, I was able to buff out about 75% of the mess out with some heavy compounding, menzerna pg and orange pad, but you can still see it, I honestly dont know what I did wrong and I dont know how to go from here, I really need some help with this one, is there anyway to contact you personally or could you maybe go into a little more details about the process. I did throughly clean the window beforehand including claying and iron x. My initial goal was to remove some marks in the window from the previous owner who must have let the wiper blades get to old, basically scratches in the path that the wiper takes. I did try to follow up with the yellow glass pad but it didnt really do anything. Idk, your the master at this stuff I could really use some advice, thanks.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Excessive Detail View Post
    MIKE, I could really use some help with this one, like I posted previously I purchased everything you used, except for I just realized that the diamondnite polish i got was not the resurfacing cream but the glassworks restoring polish, not sure if there the same, and at the time of purchase only the smaller glass cutting disc were available, which i used a smaller backing plate that didnt completely make contact with all of the disc, I did get the 5.5 yellow polish pad. Following what you did I tried a small area to test and well completely #$%^ up my that spot, I wish I had a picture to show you, I was able to buff out about 75% of the mess out with some heavy compounding, menzerna pg and orange pad, but you can still see it, I honestly dont know what I did wrong and I dont know how to go from here, I really need some help with this one, is there anyway to contact you personally or could you maybe go into a little more details about the process. I did throughly clean the window beforehand including claying and iron x. My initial goal was to remove some marks in the window from the previous owner who must have let the wiper blades get to old, basically scratches in the path that the wiper takes. I did try to follow up with the yellow glass pad but it didnt really do anything. Idk, your the master at this stuff I could really use some advice, thanks.
    check out my thread in this same forum... I had the same problem. Pictures in this post: swirls in glass

you do NOT want to use Diamondite "glass restorer" with the Lake Country Pads. It will cost you a new windshield, since the "resurfacing creme" has been backordered for quite some time now.

Mike Phillips

MIKE, I could really use some help with this one, like I posted previously I purchased everything you used, except for I just realized that the Diamondite polish i got was not the resurfacing cream but the glassworks restoring polish, not sure if there the same,
    They are not the same, one can remove gunk off the surface, the other can remove glass by abrading it without leaving behind it's own scratch pattern.

and at the time of purchase only the smaller glass cutting disc were available, which i used a smaller backing plate that didnt completely make contact with all of the disc, I did get the 5.5 yellow polish pad. Following what you did I tried a small area to test and well completely #$%^ up my that spot, I wish I had a picture to show you, I was able to buff out about 75% of the mess out with some heavy compounding, menzerna pg and orange pad, but you can still see it, I honestly dont know what I did wrong and
    Just to double check, you purchased the Lake Country 4" Glass Cutting Pads?

And then used these discs with a DA or a Rotary Buffer?

I dont know how to go from here, I really need some help with this one, is there anyway to contact you personally or could you maybe go into a little more details about the process. I did throughly clean the window beforehand including claying and iron x. My initial goal was to remove some marks in the window from the previous owner who must have let the wiper blades get to old, basically scratches in the path that the wiper takes. I did try to follow up with the yellow glass pad but it didnt really do anything. Idk, your the master at this stuff I could really use some advice, thanks.
    You can reach me here at work at 1-800-869-3011 x206

I'm looking into the results you got in this thread and also this thread.

swirls in glass

Post Thanks / Like

Mike can you send me a link to the resurfacing creme please. I can't seem to find it in the store. I have these pits on my Camaro from driving it in the winter for the past two years. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep thats the exact result i got, luckily i did a small test area first, i was able to make it a little better with an orange pad and menzerna pg, but there are still swirls and apparently I didnt do good enough research and used the wrong polish combo, as mike has said the glass restorer doesnt work with the cutting pads, which I did, you have to use the resurfacing cream, so I guess theres still hope in the matter, hopefully the resurfacing cream will work.

Quote Originally Posted by 83hurstguy View Post
    check out my thread in this same forum... I had the same problem. Pictures in this post: swirls in glass

you do NOT want to use Diamondite "glass restorer" with the Lake Country Pads. It will cost you a new windshield, since the "resurfacing creme" has been backordered for quite some time now.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

thanks again for taking such a concerning issue with this, it really shows how dedicated AG is to its customers. This is what I did to clear up any confusion:

4" lc glass cutting disc
    3.5" backing plate
    makita rotary
    daimondnite glass works restorer
    tried to follow your technique you used in the thread

of course now I know i dint use the right polish, I got the same results 83hurstguy got in post, swirls in glass.

I don't think I did any damage to the inner plastic layer, only swirled the surface.

So you think the resurfacing creme will be able to repair the damage?

I have been meaning to call you but haven't been able to get around to doing so, probably give ya a ring at some point.

Again thank you so much for all your help.

p.s.
    I have since used the glass works restorer with a foam pad on other vehicles with great success in removing water marks and restoring clarity, best stuff I used so far, leaves the glass virtually spotless and smooth, so I guess im doing something right, cant wait to try the resurfacing cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    They are not the same, one can remove gunk off the surface, the other can remove glass by abrading it without leaving behind it's own scratch pattern.

Just to double check, you purchased the Lake Country 4" Glass Cutting Pads?

And then used these discs with a DA or a Rotary Buffer?

You can reach me here at work at 1-800-869-3011 x206

I'm looking into the results you got in this thread and also this thread.

swirls in glass

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IOMCAMARO View Post
    Mike can you send me a link to the resurfacing creme please. I can't seem to find it in the store. I have these pits on my Camaro from driving it in the winter for the past two years. Thanks.
    Diamondite® Glass Resurfacing Crčme cleans and polishes auto glass windshields and windows. Diamondite glass polish removes light scratches from car

It is still out of stock.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad I read this thread and the link above. I just got the Restorer and am planning to do my windshield this weekend. I'll stick to the foam pad!
    Thanks.
    Best Regards,
    Scott Muscle Car Detailing - Mod and Shine
    Detailing supplies aren't cheap, but they're a lot cheaper then therapy

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast