autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to use a one-step cleaner/wax to maximize profits

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    I really should use mine more often. That looks terrific! I'm another one who undersells and over-works. Most of the cars that come to me would turn around just like that CR-V if I used my D151 but somehow I always end up doing a two-step after a D300 test spot. :headslap:
    Thanks! I hear yah. The test spot blew me away on this suv. It was with a light polishing pad, 3 passes and medium pressure on speed 4 and it got all the minor swirls out. I was so happy zipping around the car knowing I was saving time, making more money, and getting great results!

Post Thanks / Like

I have read way too many positive comments about D151 not to give it a try. Can't wait for Spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sparkism13 View Post
    I have read way too many positive comments about D151 not to give it a try. Can't wait for Spring.

How to use a one-step cleaner/wax to maximize profitsHow to use a one-step cleaner/wax to maximize profitsHow to use a one-step cleaner/wax to maximize profits

My only complaint is that it dusted and xmt360 did not at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great info, Mike!

Post Thanks / Like

This thread persuaded me into buying D151, as I'm nearing the end of my bottle of Poorboy's Polish w/ Sealant (which I love!). The D151 is more cost efficient though.

Regular Member steelwindmachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Old thread resurrection, but I wanted to ask whether there was some way to verbalize or illustrate the difference between a AIO/production paint detail and a multi-step/multi-product detail for a daily driver?

Surely some may say the multi-step/multi-product detail is like the icing on the cake, but if you took one late model commuter car and did the AIO to one side and the multi-step to the other, would there be a marked discernible difference?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steelwindmachine View Post
    Old thread resurrection, but I wanted to ask whether there was some way to verbalize or illustrate the difference between a AIO/production paint detail and a multi-step/multi-product detail for a daily driver?

Surely some may say the multi-step/multi-product detail is like the icing on the cake, but if you took one late model commuter car and did the AIO to one side and the multi-step to the other, would there be a marked discernible difference?
    That would depend on the skill of the detailer, products, condition of the paint, etc. However, you will notice a time difference (savings) as the production detail is faster and often what people like and are willing to pay for.

Post Thanks / Like

How to use a one-step cleaner/wax to maximize profits

Quote Originally Posted by steelwindmachine View Post

The difference is if you were to come back 3-4 weeks later [2 months tops in ideal conditions] there might not be much protection left on the paint. Shine and beading will have diminished to varying degrees [depending on weather, washings, etc]

Wheras the protection from a solid stand alone sealant/lsp will far exceed and last much longer, and in the long run provide better value for the customer because their vehicle won't look like it's in need of another detail after just 6 weeks or so.. Paint will still be smooth, shiny, and water will still bead/sheet.

New vehicles are less prone to the visual aspects of it, but 1 thing that really separates the 2 packages is the protection, specifically from bonded contaminants. You only get 1 chance to maintain the paint in its like new condition, but it has to done from the very start.

Post Thanks / Like

To many customers no they won't know the difference or care. They just want clean inside and shiny smooth on the outside. Wait for the person who wants every last ounce of correction done then charge them handsomely. The average daily driver owner doesn't care. That's where the profit is don't try to be a hero and do all this extra work when it's just a clean car they want and a paycheck you want

Post Thanks / Like

Great that this thread popped up again. Solid insight and advice as always. I really enjoy and actually like my "entry level" or lower level packages. Same money per hour but less time and it helps my aging muscles

I use HD Speed vs just a cleaner wax and if/when needed I can even top it with Collinite 476 for a super long lasting protective coating for the customer.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast