autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Share your best business card design tip?

Quote Originally Posted by kpangelinan View Post
    The logo is cool...website is kinda long.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
    it is long, but it is what it is. folks seem to make it through though

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have cards because I just do weekend work but if I ever have them made they will be printed on a clear stock with the saying. "My work is clearly better".

By the way Mike did you get to look at my friends 49 Chevy outside at the Mothers display?
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kpangelinan View Post
    I like that alot.....here, less does look good to me.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
    Thanx bud. I was looking for something that is easy to read and NOT over the top regarding detail and images. I am verry chuffed with mine although taste does differ so other might not like it

From South Africa
    Creative Car Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Went from this,

to this...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My finished cards

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff-N-Glo View Post
    Went from this,

to this...

What a big difference! So much easier to read! Great job!

Sent from my typewriter

Post Thanks / Like

This is more of a general business tip than strictly a business card tip but here goes:

I've seen a few cards with email addresses like john@yahoo.com or john@gmail.com. Get rid of these. Even if you don't have your own dedicated website you can get a personalised email address for yourself so you can have john@johnsdetailing.com or even info@johnsdetailing.com

It sounds and looks a whole lot more professional as well as being a subtle marketing tool. Also, this type of email hosting is dirt cheap now, anything from $2 upwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Now for business card design:
    1. Always hire a professional - those websites with card builders are mostly rubbish

2. Keep it simple(ish) but not boring - self explanatory

3. A business card is like a powerpoint presentation. There must only be a very small number of well chosen words which prompt questions from the person whom you give the card to. The answers to any detailing question the potential customer has must come from you and not the card.

4. Easy on the colour scheme. Yes, the card with 11 different bold and bright colours will stand out in a pile of business cards but definitely not for the right reason. Use complimentary colours.

5. The card must have a purpose - a business card with the purpose of simply communicating your contact details is completely different from a business card whose purpose is to entice potential customers into contacting you. With a defined purpose there is less chance of the card becoming too cluttered.

6. Speaking of cluttered - this is a definite no-no. If your card looks like a spam advert most people will toss it the minute you're out of sight.

7. Avoid words like "guaranteed" "best" "satisfaction". These words sounds much like those late night infomercials selling (mostly) useless junk.

8. Check, double check, triple check and quadruple check before printing. Nothing looks more unprofessional than a) a business card with an error/typo or b) a hand written correction on a printed card (yes I've seen this). An error like this is even worse in a field like DETAILing where attention to detail is expected.

9. Don't use a border around your card. Someone in the printing industry told me that its a risk when cutting the card.

10. Align your card with any other marketing media you currently have. The theme must be consistent. For example, if your Facebook page and website have a certain colour scheme and logo then stick with it when designing your card too. This communicates a unified brand message.

11. Don't be afraid to experiment with textured stock, cutouts and other cool stuff. It will definitely give your card an edge. However, this will obviously raise the price of your cards but its most definitely worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StockPolo6R View Post
    This is more of a general business tip than strictly a business card tip but here goes:

I've seen a few cards with email addresses like john@yahoo.com or john@gmail.com. Get rid of these. Even if you don't have your own dedicated website you can get a personalised email address for yourself so you can have john@johnsdetailing.com or even info@johnsdetailing.com

It sounds and looks a whole lot more professional as well as being a subtle marketing tool. Also, this type of email hosting is dirt cheap now, anything from $2 upwards.
    I'd like to "second" this post.....have always felt this way for years and for the minimal cost, as a business owner myself, it makes a bigger difference than most realize.
    Ken from Maine
    Where there are more dear than people!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I know this isn't so much about design, but from my experience - don't order your cards online. Go somewhere in person to avoid any surprises after you order 1,000 cards.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast