autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Secret to Removing Oxidation and Restoring a Show Car Finish to Antique Single Stage Paints

I truly enjoy seeing this thread bumped up again, as I consider it to be the most valuable piece of information I've ever read on the subject of paint restoration of older vehicles.

Every time it rises to the front page there's the opportunity to expose this tutorial to a few more folks who have the desire to turn back the clock on the aged finish of their older car or truck. No, I'm not just sucking up to Mike. That's my El Camino in post #14 with the trophy on the hood.

I know firsthand how valuable this article is to older paint, as I never before would have considered entering my Camino in a judged show.

Last year, with the show date coming up quick, I didn't have time to do the complete process on the entire car, but the results were still amazing. This spring, I repeated the process in its entirety and it looks even better. I have another Chevy show coming up in a month and I'll be ready. Once again, thanks Mike for your fine article. I've passed the link to the article along numerous times when the question comes up here and on the Meguiar's forum.

In these times of space-age sealant technology, it's hard to believe that a product concocted in some inventor's kitchen nearly 100 years ago is still the best solution on the market for a common single-stage paint malady. I'll be looking forward to the sequel.

Bill

2. Likes RiverDog liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: The Secret to Removing Oxidation and Restoring a Show Car Finish to Antique Single Stage Paints

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post

In these times of space-age sealant technology, it's hard to believe that a product concocted in some inventor's kitchen nearly 100 years ago is still the best solution on the market for a common single-stage paint malady.

Bill
    Hi Bill,

It was a real honor reading your story about how you used the information and then won the first place trophy, it makes all the time I put into the article more than worth it.

One thing I'd like to point out, it's getting harder and harder to get information about all the old products from the early days of car history because it's hard to find anyone still around that knows any of this type of information and even if you can find someone that knows this kind of information it's hard to get an opportunity to speak with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing read here
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    Amazing read here
    It certainly is a great article and I've read it no less than 10 times in the short time I've been here.

Not only does Mike have the skills to work on the paint, but he also has the needed skills as a teacher to be able to put it all flawlessly into words and pictures. God has blessed him for certain. His work is a great example to all of us.

As they say, "The proof is in the pictures" and "A picture is worth a thousand words."

If I ever get the chance to work on one of these classics I will be ready. If I forget a step along the way I'll have a guide to go by.

Tusen takk! (Thousand thanks!)
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Hi Bill,

It was a real honor reading your story about how you used the information and then won the first place trophy, it makes all the time I put into the article more than worth it.

Mike,
    Since this excellent thread got bumped up again, I'll add a bit of follow-up.

I repeated the process, this time over the entire body. One more show, one more trophy.
    I can't thank you enough. Consider me a disciple.

Bill

7. Likes RiverDog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

I repeated the process, this time over the entire body. One more show, one more trophy.
    I can't thank you enough.
    As I said, "A picture is worth a thousand words." Those trophy's are the proof. How cool is that? Great looking ride and great work.
    Bill

Mike Phillips

Mike,

Bill
    +

Congratulations Bill...

I love hearing stories like this after someone has used this product that's been around since the Model T to win a trophy in this day and age...

Post Thanks / Like

Figured to at my .02 cents in! This is a awsome article
    Cars
    1972 Chevy Nova
    1994 Acura Integra

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, Just read this article. Great write up. I cracked up at "Bill carefully maneuvered his classic American Land Yacht". I needed the laugh this morning.

Post Thanks / Like

awesome writeup mike. i did a miata with SS before and wish i had read about leaving #7 to saturate! i used d300 and m07 and came out amazing. i'll dig out pics soon.

how do you wash your mf towels after you use them on SS? do you keep them or throw them out??? i am guessing it isn't wise to wash your SS mf towels with any other towels the first wash or two?
    irfan
    laughing is the cure for all!
    jeepgarage.org

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast