autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Mindset of a Professional Detailer

The past two years I have gained a wealth of knowledge from Autogeek.net and watching every video I can find that Mike has done. I knew how to detail vehicles and polish paint before, but not at the level I am currently at thanks to Autogeek.net and Mike Phillips.

Our company offers the three different types of detailing Mike mentioned, we work 12-18 hour days and do many paint correction per week.

I couldn't be happier with the way things are going and I am a full supporter of Autogeek.net.

I just want to thank you guys for all that you do.

Mahalo.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Love's Auto View Post

I couldn't be happier with the way things are going and I am a full supporter of Autogeek.net.

I just want to thank you guys for all that you do.

Mahalo.

Thank you very much for the kind words, your business and support. And congratulations on your business!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

We all need to remember the slogan: "The customer is the reason we have a job." If you cannot deal with this philosophy, hunt yourself something else to do. We are in the business of customer pleasing-the better you do it the more $ you receive. IT IS REAL SIMPLE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Mike. I`m from Macedonia and this is my first post in autogeek forum (very big forum and maybe I`m not in the right place) I`m new in detailing 10 day education from AUTOGEEK UNIVERSITY, and every day I`m becoming as good as i thought. Here in Macedonia I`m trying to open a small detailing bussines, I really need help, professional help.

I`ve chosed flex 3401 for my primary mashine.

Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay, or Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion (for newer cars). For claying i think it`s not very important what to chose maybe everything works. Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion is the best (correct me or give me another solution).

Compound Meg 105: But im not very sure where not to use this, does work even in some non metalic cars, i don`t understand a lot the clear coat, if it`s fineshet and i use this i may damage the car. (i need some instructions here). Good links may work.

Polish & Finish: something AllInOne. 1. After the 105. 2. In cases when i dont need 105 to start with this. 3. Newer cars. 4. Ceramic clear cot . I think this would be Menzerna Super Finish (SF-4000) PO 106. CORECT ME.

Again Glaze: Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing.

Selant: Klasse ALL-IN-ONE Polish (cheaper ang good option)

Wax: Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba Plus Premium Liquid Wax again cheaper and good option.

I really need help with this.

P.S. I really have that mindset element, i just need to become a professional detailer

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by ViGi View Post

Hello Mike. I`m from Macedonia and this is my first post in autogeek forum (very big forum and maybe I`m not in the right place)
    What you're doing is tagging what should be your own thread onto an existing thread. Nothing wrong with this but you'll get a lot more attention and thus a lot more help by created you're own dedicated thread with a title that tells everyone what you need help with.

I'll create one for you with your post.

P.S. I really have that mindset element, i just need to become a professional detailer
    You're on your way my friend... and we'll help you....

Mike Phillips

Hello Mike. I`m from Macedonia and this is my first post in autogeek forum

Here's your dedicated thread...

Need help starting a detailing business in Macedonia

I'll try to help and answer some of your questions in the above thread but I'm glad you like my article on the mindset of the professional detailer.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by kenb47 View Post

We all need to remember the slogan:

"The customer is the reason we have a job."

If you cannot deal with this philosophy, hunt yourself something else to do.

We are in the business of customer pleasing-the better you do it the more $ you receive. IT IS REAL SIMPLE!!!!!

Great point!

You have one post? Where did you go?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, i agree. I can honestly say i do all 3 categories of what you describe Mike however the customer ALWAYS dictates what makes them satisfied. I certainly do my fair share of the soccer mom suv's as daily drivers and frequent tunnel wash customers but nothing compares to that very discerning owner who wants his car to be a show car! And even the latter is not done without being convinced he knows how to keep it that way.

GREAT article to reset here.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Puckman View Post

Yes, i agree. I can honestly say i do all 3 categories of what you describe Mike however the customer ALWAYS dictates what makes them satisfied.
    Copy that.

I certainly do my fair share of the soccer mom suv's as daily drivers and frequent tunnel wash customers but nothing compares to that very discerning owner who wants his car to be a show car!
    I agree.

And even the latter is not done without being convinced he knows how to keep it that way.
    That's the key factor.

GREAT article to reset here.
    Thanks buddy.... I appreciate that.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Great advice Mike.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast