autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to wash a coated car - The Gentle Approach for Washing a Car by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post

For my own cars I tend to just use the spray to spray off the wash mitt because our cars don't get very dirty.
    Suddenly soft and relaxing music plays and a spring rain of happy feelings falls about me as I realize I am not doing something dreadfully wrong when I do this as well....

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Mike Phillips

Re: How to wash a coated car - The Gentle Approach for Washing a Car by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post

Suddenly soft and relaxing music plays and a spring rain of happy feelings falls about me as I realize I am not doing something dreadfully wrong when I do this as well....

As long as you do it (spray off the wash mitt in-between washing panels, it works to keep you from crosscontaminating and thus scratching the paint.

I have a new system for washing cars, and that is I take out a Grit Guard Pad Wash Cart and use the Grit Guard Pad Washer Cart as my car wash car and remove the pad washer from the car and use a normal 5-gallon bucket in the car.

This way I have a bucket of soapy water and also a car to hold all my tools and chemicals.

Like this,

Review: GTechniq W6 Iron and General Fallout Remover & W4 Citrus Foam - Mike Phillips

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123