autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

2 day Roadshow dates? 2021??

Hey Mike

Will these 2-day Roadshow classes be making a comeback in 2021? Will you be running one here in Stuart?

Thank you in advance!!

Mike Phillips

Re: 2 day Roadshow dates? 2021??

First post - welcome to AutogeekOnline!

The roadshow concept was to take our 3-day class on the road, as in OUTSIDE of the state of Florida, but cut it down by dropping the third day.

Inside this state, we have our 3-day class. More tools, more cars and the third day you get to wetsand actual cars.

Check it out here,

SHOCK and AWE Detailing Class! TOOLS - TOOLS - TOOLS!

Anyone that lives inside of the state of Florida can easily drive to Stuart versus having use pack all the stuff you seen in the thread above, pack it and ship it a few miles down the road to a shop that more than likely does NOT have the power to run 20 rotary buffers cutting HARD at one time like we do in the Autogeek Show Car Garage.

My classes take a LOT of power. Most shops outside of Autogeek's shop - I have to rent generators to power all the tools.

Make sense?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, makes sense.

Mike, Do you think the 3-day classes are a bit much for a guy with no experience other than a hose and sponge in his own driveway....? I am concerned about being overwhelmed with all the knowledge & techniques in a short period of time. I have an antique car I want to be able to safely clean, but I do have some interest in detailing in general as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    First post - welcome to AutogeekOnline!

The roadshow concept was to take our 3-day class on the road, as in OUTSIDE of the state of Florida, but cut it down by dropping the third day.

Inside this state, we have our 3-day class. More tools, more cars and the third day you get to wetsand actual cars.

Check it out here,

SHOCK and AWE Detailing Class! TOOLS - TOOLS - TOOLS!

Anyone that lives inside of the state of Florida can easily drive to Stuart versus having use pack all the stuff you seen in the thread above, pack it and ship it a few miles down the road to a shop that more than likely does NOT have the power to run 20 rotary buffers cutting HARD at one time like we do in the Autogeek Show Car Garage.

My classes take a LOT of power. Most shops outside of Autogeek's shop - I have to rent generators to power all the tools.

Make sense?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by nobrakes9 View Post

Ok, makes sense.

Mike, Do you think the 3-day classes are a bit much for a guy with no experience other than a hose and sponge in his own driveway....? I am concerned about being overwhelmed with all the knowledge & techniques in a short period of time. I have an antique car I want to be able to safely clean, but I do have some interest in detailing in general as well.

I get your question but I would have to say "no".

You could spend a few days reading through all the "Pictures & Comments threads in these three forum groups and just by reading all of the testimonies - you'll see people from ALL backgrounds and experiences LOVE the Brain Dump I do plus the hands-on experience on so many tools, pads, products, techniques and CARS.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...tcamp-classes/

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...iling-classes/

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...iling-classes/

The class is incredibly fast-paced. I feel bad about this BUT it's the only way to enable everyone to do so much STUFF.

On the third day we go over the hardest thing there is to do in the car detailing world and that's wetsanding. But I make it easy. Can't fit it in on the first day - too many tools and techniques to cover. If you attend you'll see first hand what I'm talking about.

There are no chairs. No sitting except for a brief lunch and for anyone that needs to take a break for health reasons. There are chairs, but they are stacked in the corner for the first two days. By the time we get through the wetsanding class on Sunday - THEN - Andra and I will get out the chairs and tables because quite frankly, half the class will need them.

In the future I will be working on a one day class - but due to volume of other hot projects I'm tasked with as a part of my job, (using products, taking pictures, writing reviews and how-to articles), it's always going to be a matter of TIME. Not enough time.

Mike Phillips

One more then I have to get back to processing pictures for a new product we're launching....

So many people think these classes are ONLY for Pro Detailers. But that's simply NOT the case. 50% of the people that take my class are people that are passionate about working on thier own cars.

This story really tells it all... and look at the carS in the pictures. In the background, that's not a TRIBUTE car, that's the REAL FREAKING DEAL - a numbers matching 1970 AAR Cuda - that my freind David let absolute strangers LEARNING to detail work on.

Who attends a 3-day class at Autogeek at $1,495.00?

Meet Louise

This is Louise. She flew from California to Stuart, Florida simply to learn how to work on her daily driver, a 2014 Mustang Convertible. She is a Psychiatrists with her own practice and is a Professor at a College. She is NOT a detailer. She was like most the people that attend our classes, passionate about making cars shine!

I always have a good mix of new, old, classic, beaters, daily drivers, streetrods, customs, antiques etc. in all my classes.

All the way from California to Stuart, Florida. Besides the cost of the class, she paid,

1. Airfare
    2. Hotel
    3. Rental car
    4. Meals on the road

And then spent over $1000.00 on the tools she learned how to use and love.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: 2 day Roadshow dates? 2021??

I'm in Mike! See you next week