autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Detailing Roadshow Classes for 2019 - Information - Dates - Locations

Detailing Roadshow Classes for 2019 - Information - Dates - Locations

Currently we have 5 locations confirmed for our 2-day Roadshow Classes. I'm working on confirming 3 more locations for this year. As classes are scheduled and confirmed they will be added to this list.

This is a 2-day class that covers both exterior detailing, interior detailing and wetsanding. Classes start at 7:30am sharp and end at 5:30pm - these are 10 hour classes where you're on our feet getting 100% hands-on training.

Price: $895.00

Early sign-up bonus

Sign-up 30 days before the date of the class and receive a $100.00 store credit at Autogeek.com

Call Andre to sign-up over the phone 1-800-869-3011 x244

Upcoming Classes

July

Saturday, July 20th and Sunday, July 21st <-- Info and link to sign-up
    Kruse Museum
    5634 Co Rd 11A
    Auburn, IN 46706
    Host Website - PraxisDetailing.com

August

Saturday, August 24th and Sunday, August 25th <-- Info and link to sign-up
    Denver Auto Shield
    4211 South Natches Court Suite D
    Englewood, CO 80110
    Host Website - denverautoshield.com

September

Saturday, September 14th and Sunday, September 15th <-- Info and link to sign-up
    Detail Pro Shop
    6040 Glick Road
    Powell, OH 43065
    Host Website - detailproshop.com/

October

Saturday, October 12th and Sunday, October 13th <-- Info and link to sign-up
    Immaculate Paint Protection
    1855 Weaversville Rd
    Suite 103
    Allentown, PA 18109
    Host Website - immaculatepaintprotection.com

Questions?
    If you have any questions about the tools and topics covered on Saturday and Sunday please feel encouraged to call Andre or Mike

Andre - 1-800-869-3011 x244

Mike - 1-800-869-3011 x206

Mike Phillips

Re: Detailing Roadshow Classes for 2019 - Information - Dates - Locations

Autogeek's Roadshow - Saturday & Sunday Class Outline

The First Day - We cover show car detailing, also called multiple step paint correction and then learn how to chemically strip the paint and install a Ceramic Coating. You will use 4-5 different BRANDS of tools and different types of tools plus different pads and products. MORE tools, pads and products than any other class on Planet Earth.

The Second Day - We cover Wetsanding and interior detailing including hot water extractors and steam machines.

Saturday

Morning Session - Multiple-Step Paint Correction

1: Extreme Washing - This class session covers all the correct tools, products and techniques to thoroughly clean and prep a car for detailing when using a source of running water.

This includes,

• Foam Guns
    • 3-Bucket Wash Method
    • Wheel Woolie Wheel Brushes
    • Speedmaster Wheel Brushes
    • Brake-dust Removing Wheel Cleaners
    • Mechanical Decontamination using Nanoskin Mitts & Towels
    • Chemical Decontamination using Iron & Fallout Remover
    • Tools for machine scrubbing tires
    • Tools for air drying cars

Also covered in the morning washing session are the non-washing procedures to do and the correct order to do them in.

1. Wet Wash Engine Detailing
    2. Machine Glass Polishing
    3. Headlight Correction

2: Car Inspection & Prep
    This class session covers everything you need to do to a car BEFORE you start machine polishing. This includes inspecting using an Vehicle Inspection Form, Paint Thickness Gauge, Swirl Finder Lights, Baggie Test. Plus what to tape-off and how to correctly tape-off and cover-up trim, comments, tops, etc.

3: How, why and where to do a Test Spot
    One of the most important steps if not THE most important step everyone should be doing before detailing a car.

4: 2-step paint correction and polishing
    This class session covers all the professional techniques to correctly compound and polish paint to perfection. Multiple-step paint correction is called, show car detailing because you're breaking the paint polishing process down into isolated and dedicated steps to maximize the end-results for a true show car quality finish. This session includes tools from,

1. FLEX
    2. RUPES
    3. Griot's Garage
    4. Meguiar's
    5. Makita
    6. Porter Cable
    7. Cyclo

Pads - Products
    The morning session includes a wide range of pro-grade compounds, polishes and buffing pads for a very well-rounded experience. You will learn how to know when to use a compound versus a medium, fine or ultra fine cut polish.

Ceramic Coatings - Waxes - Sealants
    The morning session covers proper techniques for chemically stripping paint for the installation of ceramic coatings specifically. Techniques for applying and removing traditional carnauba waxes and synthetic sealants are also covered in the morning session.

5: Final Steps
    The morning session covers coatings and dressings for; glass, tires, rims and plastic trim.

>Lunch Break<
    Lunch and cold beverages are provided

Afternoon Session - One-Step Detailing
    One step detailing is also called production detailing. In this session you will learn which types of cars and other projects are best suited for an AIO type product, (All-in-One), also called a cleaner/wax. The focus on this class is how to restore a neglected car's finish to like-new condition in only one step. Also called Speed Detailing. This type of detailing is great for enthusiasts taking care of their own daily drivers or for professional detailers for their budget package and also things like dealership work.

1: Washing Techniques for Waterless Washes and Rinseless Washers
    The afternoon session covers how, where, when, why and what for using either a waterless or rinseless wash. Correct techniques for both types are covered and when to use one over the other. Also covered are the correct types of wash media and other tools needed to clean a car without running water safely.

2: Mechanical decontamination - Why and how to use detailing clay and clay substitutes
    Students learn the proper technique for using detailing clay as well as clay substitutes.

3: Taping-off and covering up to save time and marketing purposes
    Students will build on the foundation created in the morning session as well as learn the marketing side of taping-off and covering stain-sensitive surfaces.

4: One-step high quality detailing
    Where the morning session goes over how to use a multiple-step approach for show car results, the afternoon session covers how to correctly use All-in-One products to compound, polish and protect the paint in one-step. This type of detailing is perfect for entry level detailing packages as well as daily drivers, budget details, RV's, and large vehicles like trucks and vans where the owner or customer does not want or need a ceramic coating. There are dos and don't when it comes to this type of detailing, which you will learn in the class. Everyone should have the skill set and knowledge to correctly perform one-step detailing jobs whether you're an enthusiast or you detail for money.

Tools - Pads - Products
    I call this free-for-all. Students can choose and use any tool and pad combo they previously used in the morning session. This is your opportunity to spend more time with any tool that has attracted your interest and attention and you're thinking about investing in. You can even use multiple tools, it's your choice. The importance of abrasive technology is stressed in this class as well as how to under-promise and over-deliver exceptional results. You will learn how to get show car results in half the time.

Sunday

Morning session - Wetsanding an entire car from start to finish
    If you have ever wanted to know the art of wetsanding, here's your chance to learn from beginning to end, exactly what to do. This is a real-world class where you will work on real cars and this is the BEST way to learn the entire process from start to finish.

This class includes,

• How to prep a car for wetsanding
    • Hand sanding techniques
    • Machine sanding techniques
    • How to correctly use a rotary buffer to remove 100% of the sanding marks
    • How to finish out 100% hologram and swirl free using any orbital polisher (your choice which orbital polisher to use)
    • How to seal the paint using a ceramic coating, carnauba wax or synthetic sealant, even the cheater technique of using an AIO.

>Lunch Break<
    Lunch and cold beverages are provided

Afternoon Session - Interior Detailing
    You will learn the difference between a hot water extractor and a steam machine and when and how to use one over the other.

This includes,

End of day

Certificate Award Ceremony

Class wrap-up

Book signing

Mike Phillips

Testimonies

New testimonies added each week...

From John Lee who attended the 2018 New Jersey Roadshow Class

Pictures & Comments - 2018 New Jersey Roadshow Detailing Class

Post #10

The Roadshow Detailing Class was absolutely fantastic. I've been waiting for one of these to come to my area, and within 15 minutes of getting the email that it was happening, I signed up for both days without hesitation.

I have been an enthusiast detailer for a number of years, and have learned what I know about the detailing craft through various YouTube videos (many featuring Mike Phillips) and through these very forums (also, through Mike). While my skills have gotten better over time, I've had a great deal of trepidation when it came to abrasive detailing or anything that involved picking up an orbital machine spinning faster than my eye can see. Among my group of friends I am the "resident detailer" - they trust me with their cars, and I knew that I would have to expand my skill set at some point to make all of our cars better than ever.

Before the class even started, I received roughly a half dozen emails from Mike himself about a week in advance, informing the class of everything we would need to be ready the first morning. I was about 5 minutes early on day one, and could already tell this was going to be serious because I was pretty much the last person to arrive. The garage setup was incredible, with beautifully laid out products that looked like a detailer's shop dream (at least my dreams, anyway!)

Mike promised us from the get-go that we would get an incredible amount of hands-on time using tools and chemicals on cars. With approximately 22 hours of class time across both days, I can honestly say - when Mike says you get to be hands-on, he means you will get HANDS-ON!!! I learned more in the 2 days of this class than I have in the last 2 years of scouring the internet. Tips, tricks, methodology, fundamental skills, advanced techniques - Mike shares ALL of it with the class. He is 100% genuine, accessible, and open to any question. If you've seen Mike in his videos on YouTube or on Competition Ready, I can say that the guy you see online and on TV is the SAME guy you'll meet in person. The other class participants are also real enthusiasts - everyone is highly motivated and incredibly careful with the cars that are volunteered for the class. I would absolutely trust everyone with the surface of my car if another class were to come to my area!

Ultimately I came away from the class with a plethora of new skills that I can't wait to try out. Now I feel confident that I know how to detect and identify issues on the surface of a car, the proper way to safely and effectively handle serious tools, how to work on a variety of surfaces and materials, and how to appropriately communicate these skills to perspective clientele.

I was fortunate that Mike selected my friend's 2010 BMW 128i (white with black vinyl graphics) for one of the final 12 cars to be detailed over the weekend. The reception from the owner and his family has been outstanding - the car has gone quite some time since its last wash (much less wax or sealant). The owners and class participants were equally shocked upon seeing the car literally changing color after removing that heavy layer of road film!

Big thanks to Pete, Christy, Axel, and Andre for helping me with literally every question I came up with across both days. Working side by side with these folks is seriously fantastic! I hope anyone who takes these classes in the future has the chance to work with them.

Huge thanks to Autogeek, I'm loving the RUPES detailing belt and the swag from the #AGroadshowNJ contest. These tools are being put to the test this coming weekend!

Finally, special thanks to Rahul at Shield & Sheen for opening the doors to us so we could use (and hopefully not abuse!) his shop for the weekend. It's a great facility and he has a wealth of knowledge.

Looking forward to attending my next class, hopefully a 3-day class next time!

- John Lee

Mike Phillips

And just to note....

The sign-up pages are can be found here,

All Roadshow Classes for 2019

You can sign-up for classes online or if you have questions or prefer to sign-up over the phone you can do this with Andre

1-800-869-3011 x244

Post Thanks / Like

I did not take the roadshow class, I took the one at Auto Geeks in Florida.

I will testify that Mike does not like sitting and giving you speeches all day. Everyday he hates sitting at the table, you will be doing hands on training in like 30 minutes into the first day!

I had no training or real experience when I took the Florida class, he will teach you! In my class I had a few people that ran there own detailing companies, even they learned stuff!

Mike does very well rounded classes to teach everyone and will pay attention to your needs and help you with everything or you have a very specific subject you want to learn.

I can not say enough good things about Mike and Andre. Just come with an open mind because you maybe doing something incorrectly and not even know it or can learn faster ways to get your job done faster!

-Andre

6. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorGT View Post

I did not take the roadshow class, I took the one at Auto Geeks in Florida.

I will testify that Mike does not like sitting and giving you speeches all day. Everyday he hates sitting at the table, you will be doing hands on training in like 30 minutes into the first day!

I had no training or real experience when I took the Florida class, he will teach you! In my class I had a few people that ran there own detailing companies, even they learned stuff!

Mike does very well rounded classes to teach everyone and will pay attention to your needs and help you with everything or you have a very specific subject you want to learn.

I can not say enough good things about Mike and Andre. Just come with an open mind because you maybe doing something incorrectly and not even know it or can learn faster ways to get your job done faster!

-Andre

Thanks for sharing the above.

The best reviews are always by people that have taken the class. You now first-hand just how hands-on the classes truly are.