autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Brand new 3D Compound/Polish - To be introduced at the Roadshow Class at 3D!

Brand new 3D Compound/Polish - To be introduced at the Roadshow Class at 3D!

For those attending the upcoming Roadshow Detailing Class at 3D in California, you are going to be the first group of people to use the brand new compound/polish from 3D.

I've used this product and like all 3D compounds, polishes and cleaner/waxes, it uses amazing abrasive technology, THE most important factor when it comes to polishing paint.

I've been given permission from 3D to announce this new product and to show you what it can do, I have an old 2-door Ford in horrendous condition that I'm going to use to document the performance of this product.

Don't let these pictures fool you, first this car is dirty, second it's rough as sandpaper to the touch and third, overhead are diffused florescent lights.

Here she is...

This car is really dirty and hyper-contaminated.

My guess is it is covered in overspray paint as it's been sitting at a body shop for months. See my article here to understand why the most common place to get overspray paint is at a body shop.

The most common place to get overspray on your car is a body shop by Mike Phillips

Stay tuned....

2. Likes Diner, SWETM, PaulMys, Hammer77, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brand new 3D Compound/Polish - To be introduced at the Roadshow Class at 3D!

Looking forward to your review.

Mike Phillips

Re: Brand new 3D Compound/Polish - To be introduced at the Roadshow Class at 3D!

Update...

Well it's early Monday morning, a few days before we fly out to California for the Roadshow class at 3D

Going out to test out this new compound/polish on this atrocious new paint job on this Mustang. Will be posting some before and after pictures as well as my thoughts on this product.

Stay tuned...

Post Thanks / Like

So is this meant to be a DAT thus compounding out heavy swirls and finishing out as a fine polish? Just trying to clarify if they are targeting a 2 in 1 product or just a strong polish. Thanks.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    So is this meant to be a DAT thus compounding out heavy swirls and finishing out as a fine polish? Just trying to clarify if they are targeting a 2 in 1 product or just a strong polish. Thanks.
    Perhaps a new version of HD Adapt?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Good call! It also reminds me that I should probably break out my Adapt on the next car to try with my Rupes Mille system/pads. I know it's older product but I have about 1qt+ left and have moved it to my over-flow cabinet. WIll move back as it was/is a great product.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Mike Phillips

Continued....

Getting ready to do two test spots, first one with a 3D 5.5" foam polishing pad, second test spot with the 3D foam cutting pad.

Check out the videos I posted already to my Facebook page here,

Mike Phillips Facebook Page

Here's the first video

A few more in the comments for the post with the above video

Mike Phillips

***Update***

Here's a video from my test spot

Mike Phillips

***Update***

Here's the results from my Test Spot using a 3D foam cutting pads on the passenger side and a 3D foam polishing pad on the other side. Did 8 section passes on speed 6 for both sides.

My findings....

First - Excellent cutting ability with both foam cutting pads and foam polishing pads.
    The passenger side was absolutely perfect, zero swirls, the driver's side looks perfect in pictures but there's a few fine scratches left, hard to see with the eye harder to capture with the camera.

ZERO DUSTING - Nuff said.

Infinity buffing time - seems like as long as you want to buff the product stays wet on the surface.

Easy wipe-off.

I'd say 3D has another home-run product.

Again, everyone attending the class this weekend will get to use this new product before the rest of the world.

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I'd like to see this as well.

For cars with hard paint, a middle-road swirl remover which finishes out LSP ready is the sweet spot for an annual "refresh".

Let's hope for 8oz bottles too while we're at it!
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

13. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast