autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brand new 3D Compound/Polish - To be introduced at the Roadshow Class at 3D!

Mike Phillips and a Griot 6". Makes me want to get rid of all my fancy long throw... forced rotation.... etc and just BE LIKE MIKE!!

2. Likes PaulMys, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brand new 3D Compound/Polish - To be introduced at the Roadshow Class at 3D!

8 section passes seems like a lot! Was it just this paint that required it? Or is that standard procedure? It's been a while since I've watched Mike's DA how-to videos.

In any case, being able to work for 8 passes really says a lot about this new 3D product!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post

Mike Phillips and a Griot 6".

Makes me want to get rid of all my fancy long throw... forced rotation.... etc and just BE LIKE MIKE!!

I tend to do my test spots with the simplest tool there is, the 8mm free spinning random orbital polisher. Once I see what a simple tool can do I can extrapolate out what a more powerful or different type of "action" tool can do.

Same when testing new compounds, polishes and cleaner/waxes.

5. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Here's a quick walk-around-video showing the results from the new 3D Compound/Polish on the Mustang. There's no wax or sealant applied yet.

Next up I'll machine apply the 3D HD Poxy, then wipe it off and then take my beauty shots.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12