autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

12 cars needed for the Optimum Polymer Technologies Roadshow Class in Memphis, Tennessee!

12 cars needed for the Optimum Polymer Technologies Roadshow Class in Memphis, Tennessee!

All our classes are hands-on classes working on real-world cars.

For each day, I need approximately 6 large neglected cars. Typically, the larger the better.

Classics, muscle cars and streetrods with basecoat/clearcoat paint jobs work best but will consider anything. Don't normally like SUVs or Trucks but if that's what you have let me know. Free super high quality detail for any car we use plus Autogeek has full insurance for peace of mind.

If you have a car you would like a free exterior detail, then please send me a picture of it like you see in the below article to my e-mail.

mike.phillips@autogeek.net

This is a front angle side shot - Photography for the car detailing world by Mike Phillips

Behind the scenes when I'm getting cars for classes and projects here I'm talking with people, or messaging or e-mailing them and I always ask them to send me a side shot of the car. Not just any old picture but a shot like this,

1: From the front at an angle so I see the front and the side of the car.

2: Entire car is IN the picture, the front isn't cut-off, the back isn't cut-off the top and tires are not cut-off.

3: Hopefully in good lighting.

Because it's sometimes hard to explain to people what I'm looking for (and it's important to me to have GREAT pictures), I've created this thread so now I can simply e-mail them the link to it so when I tell someone I need a GOOD side shot they will understand what I mean.

This is a front angled side shot

Mike Phillips

Re: 12 cars needed for the Optimum Polymer Technologies Roadshow Class in Memphis, Tennessee!

***Bump***

This class is coming up in a few weeks, still looking for cars for this class.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 12 cars needed for the Optimum Polymer Technologies Roadshow Class in Memphis, Tennessee!

When you get ready to pay a visit to your Nations Capitol for this - let me know!

As a Disabled Vet all I do now is read your material, order countless products from AG and test them in my driveway!
    Got my new power washer, foam cannons, Master Blaster dryer, etc. My neighbors think I'm nuts foaming all our cars down.
    Would truly like to thank you for all you do for this community Mike. I'd be honored to have you test products on any of my rides
    **Specifically my huge Dodge Ram Cummins- which is highly in need of help and most definitely fits what you're seeking since it doesn't fit in any garage!

Do you ever get out this way buddy?

Post Thanks / Like

I moved from Oxford last year or I'd be all over it. good luck!
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Mike Phillips

Here's the first car volunteered for this class,

2011 Corvette Grand Sport

Thank you Nikki for your trust, we'll take great care of your Corvette and when you get it back it will shine better than the day it rolled off the assembly line!

Mike Phillips

***Update***

Another Corvette for the Optimum Polymer Technologies Class!

2016 Corvette Stingray - Owner says she's due for some attention!

If you're "thinking" about signing up for this class, it is about 2 people away from being sold out.

So act fast... never any fun to tell someone the class is sold out and they won't be able to attend.

Call Andre at

1-800-869-3011 x244

If he doesn't answer, leave him a voice mail and he will call you back. He tends to be very busy. You can also shoot him an e-mail.

Andre@Autogeek.net

Mike Phillips

***Update***

This class is SOLD OUT!

For those that signed-up, here's some of the cars you'll be training on...

1971 Chevelle - recent purchase via Barrett-Jackson

Remember - when you're watching the cars go across the block at an auction - the TV CAMERAS do NOT show what the paint really looks like.

Very rare indeed - a 1958 Chevy Nomad Wagon Streetrod...

This was a booth car at SEMA last year and don't let pictures fool you either - this car needs correction work.

This is a factory BIG BLOCK car, it's a 1970 Chevelle!

Oldsmobile 442 - I'm guessing a 1972 - We've had a number of these go through our 3-day class here over the last 9+ years.

El Camino - I"M guessing a 1969 or a 1970

This is what is called a "Square Bird", these were built in 1958 and 1959. Right after the Baby Birds, (1955, 1956 and 1957), and right before the long run of the Rounded Birds, (1960 to 1969)

This looks like a 1962 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible, just guessing on the year, I'm not an expert on classic Pontiacs....

There is simply no other detailing class in America and probably the world where you get to work on such cool cars in a classroom/learning situation.