autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

12 cars needed for the Windsor, New Jersey Roadshow Class!

12 cars needed for the Windsor, New Jersey Roadshow Class!

Here's he final cut...

While not cast in stone as we must be somewhat fluid in case changes occur out of our control, the above is the tentative schedule for the order each day in which we will tackle these 12 cars.

If you are brining a car to this class, note the day your car is scheduled to be taken from a diamond in the rough and turned into a glistening gemstone.

All our classes are hands-on classes working on real-world cars.

For each day, I need approximately 6 large neglected cars. Typically, the larger the better.

Classics, muscle cars and streetrods with basecoat/clearcoat paint jobs work best but will consider anything. Don't normally like SUVs or Trucks but if that's what you have let me know. Free super high quality detail for any car we use plus Autogeek has full insurance for peace of mind.

If you have a car you would like a free exterior detail, then please send me a picture of it like you see in the below article to my e-mail.

mike.phillips@autogeek.net

This is a front angle side shot - Photography for the car detailing world by Mike Phillips

Behind the scenes when I'm getting cars for classes and projects here I'm talking with people, or messaging or e-mailing them and I always ask them to send me a side shot of the car. Not just any old picture but a shot like this,

1: From the front at an angle so I see the front and the side of the car.

2: Entire car is IN the picture, the front isn't cut-off, the back isn't cut-off the top and tires are not cut-off.

3: Hopefully in good lighting.

Because it's sometimes hard to explain to people what I'm looking for (and it's important to me to have GREAT pictures), I've created this thread so now I can simply e-mail them the link to it so when I tell someone I need a GOOD side shot they will understand what I mean.

This is a front angled side shot

Mike Phillips

Re: 12 cars needed for the Windsor, New Jersey Roadshow Class!

Continued....

Here's the video for the New Jersey class...

This class is sold out but if you call Andre and check with him if there's a cancellation he can get you in...

Andre

1-800-869-3011 x244

Mike Phillips

Continued....

Here's the candidates for the New Jersey Roadshow Class. I'll make the final decision on which cars we'll be using and let all the owners know by end of day Wednesday. (Andre and I fly out early Thursday morning)

1957 Chevy Bel Air

1961 Jaguar E Type Convertible

1967 Corvette Stingray Convertible

1992 Nissan 240sx Convertible

1994 C4 Corvette

2010 BMW 128i

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML500

Mercedes-Benz G55

Toyota RAV4

Chevy Silverado

2011 Chevy Silverado

2008 Mercedes E320 Sedan

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio

And "yes" I would love to have this car to show how to properly and correctly clean and protect a canvas top using products from RaggTopp

This is an amazing collection of cars!

Again - the final cut will be announced on Wednesday.

Just to note - While I own an SUV and am a fan of both SUVs and trucks, I tend to avoid them for classes because I order to knock out the roof you need to have Werner Work Platforms for someone to be able to actually reach the roof and while the Werner work platform is NEXT to the vehicle, this blocks someone in the class from working on the side of the truck as long as the roof is being worked on. Plus, if someone were to fall off the platform the entire class comes to a screeching halt while we address an accident. So while I'm a truck and SUV fan, I tend to avoid them for classes.

4. Likes RDZL1 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

***Bump***

I'm sending out a series of e-mails right now to everyone signed up for this class.

I will appreciate it greatly if you can either reply to the e-mail or post to this thread the car you have for this class.

Thank you!

And if you're not a member of this forum, please take a few minutes to join so you CAN post to not only this thread but to the "Pictures & Comments" thread for your class.

Click here to join the AutogeekOnline Discussion Forum

Mike Phillips

***Update***

More cars being added today...

Final cut for the cars we're going to be used will be announced on Wednesday and the owners will be contacted.

Thank you everyone for your trust with your cars and a SPECIAL thanks to my good friend and alumni student of our 3-day classes and our TV show, Competition Ready, Pete Tanzini!

Pete on the set of Competition Ready

Pete attended the January 2016 3-day class, pictures here,

Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips

And also wrote this really nice review

How Mike Phillips Competition Ready Detailing Class has changed my life in so many ways

Again, thanks Pete for obtaining some bitchen rides for this class!

Mike Phillips

***Bump****

I've just added more cars to the list.

Mike Phillips

***Update***

My friend Pete just obtained the 1986 C4 Corvette.

I told him it looks very nice in the picture and he said that pictures taken the shade and in the sun she's all swirled out.

9. Likes axel06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awsome cant wait we gunna have a blast !!!!

Mike Phillips

***Update***

When we left the incredibly successful roadshow class at the Indy 500 Motor Speedway we also left all our tools and supplies.

No problem as Rob and his team at SONAX handled getting everything back into the totes and then onto pallets, then shrink-wrapped and shipped to Windsor, New Jersey.

Next stop is the Shield and Sheen Detail Shop in Windsor, New Jersey. These two pallets are scheduled to arrive on Wednesday. Andre and I arrive early Thursday morning and set-up will start as soon as we get there.

Huge thanks to Rob and everyone at SONAX for getting our tools, products and supplies moving on down the road!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Excited for this class! However the weather gods are trying to scare us with rain on Saturday. I know you can't rely on the weather forecast this early. If it does rain, will it effect the class in any way?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast