autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Requirements to host an Autogeek's Roadshow Class

Requirements to host an Autogeek's Roadshow Class

I have been teaching roadshow classes since 2006 when I started the Meguiar's Roadshow Detailing Classes. I've taught classes all over America and other countries. While there's nothing wrong with a get-together at someone's house in their driveway or car garage, OUR classes are NOT casual get-togethers.

These classes are the real-deal. They are intensely hands-on training as I know people learn by doing, not sitting in a chair listening to someone talk.

First - what's in it for the hosting company?

2 of your staff can attend the class - no charge
    2 of your staff are able to take the class at no charge. (That's a $1,800.00 savings) - These two free tuitions go to whomever you the host chooses, this could be shop staff, the owner or friends of the owner that have always wanted to take their detailing knowledge and skills to a higher level.

Our 3-day class here at Autogeek is $1,795.00 plus you have to budget for,

• Travel costs/Airline tickets
    • Hotel
    • Rental car
    • Meals away from home

We have companies send their employees to our 3-day class all the time but if the above kind of costs are not in your budget then this is a great option. Besides the free tuition for 2 of your staff, there's also great networking and public relations for your company's brand that naturally comes from hosting one of our classes.

What does it cost the company that hosts a class?
    There is no charge to host one of our classes. I get asked this all the time and there is no charge. We are thankful for anyone that opens their doors so we can bring our class and the education and training that it provides to people across the United States and in other countries.

Autogeek/Mike Phillips Training Certificate
    After attending a class, each person receives a signed Competition Ready Certificate signed by me personally. (my credentials)

What does it take?

In order to create a first class experience, we need a facility that offers the below minimum requirements.

Need to have:

Clean facility - A shop or garage with a large enough bay to hold two large passenger cars plus ample room for 10 people to work around each car at the same time. Cars can be situated side-by-side or end-to-end.

Electrical power - 110v plug-ins in the facility to enable at least 10 polishers to be plugged-in and operated at the same time. Power for 20 plug-ins is best.

Good lighting - Overhead florescent lights are perfectly fine as long as there are enough to provide a well-lit working environment.

A couple of chairs - These are for anyone that simply gets tired during each 10 hour long class. Breaks are short and so is lunch. If you want to sit and eat you want to take some other class.

Bathroom facilities - These classes start at 7:30am and go to 5:30pm. We normally have both male and female attendees.

Parking for students - 20 students typically means 20 parking space plus parking spaces for your normal business staff.

15 people minimum - We aim for 20 people for each class and the minimum is 15. No worries though, historically all our classes SELL OUT! And as a result we end up turning people away until the next class.

Nice to have:

Tables, counter space or carts in the bay to hold tools, pads and products.

A table or two for coffee and donuts in the morning and pizza and cold drinks in the afternoon.

If you don't have tables or power, we're happy to rent tables and Honda 6,500 Watt Generators to supply the power.

Right to cancel

If at least 15 people have not signed up and paid for the class by 30 days before the date of the class, Autogeek reserves the right to cancel the class.

The good news is historically all our classes sell out. So this is just a precaution as there are a lot of logistics involved with shipping and travel in order to put on a first class event.

Other information needed

Nearby airports
    Nearby hotels
    Nearby restaurants - On Saturday night we hold an casual Meet-n-Greet for everyone to share their car guy/girl story and what they thought of the first day of the class.

Frequently asked questions?

What does it cost to attend the class?

The 2-day class is $895.00 with a $100.00 Autogeek store credit for signing up early.

Each Autogeek Roadshow Car Detailing Class consists of 2 separate and unique days.

Saturday Topics
    Saturday is doing extreme exterior detailing using all the popular tools, pads and product in our industry.

Sunday Topics
    Sunday is wetsanding entire cars, by hand and machine and then learning to use a rotary buffer to remove your sanding marks. We also go over Hot Water Extractors and Steam Machines for interior detailing on Sunday.

What's in it for the hosting facility?
    Great question. I've been teaching these types of offsite classes longer than anyone in our industry and here's what I've seen. The hosting facility gets massive public relations out of the class with their local car enthusiast market.

For detail shop owners you'll get an increase in high caliber customers.

For car dealership owners you'll reach new customers for cars sales and for your in-house detail shop and even maintenance shop. All the response I've ever received from the people that have hosted one of our classes is always overwhelmingly positive.

There is no downside except we come in and take over a portion of your facility for three days. (Friday is set-up day). We are also very respectful of your time and your property and we make sure to clean up afterwards to restore your facility to the condition it was in before the class and usually even cleaner, we are detailers...

What to do next?

If your facility fits the requirements described above, here's what you can do next,

Send me an e-mail at Mike.Phillips@autogeek.net

I'm more than happy to hear from anyone that wants to hold one of our Autogeek Roadshow Classes in their home town and I can either e-mail you more information or even send you the complete information via U.S. Postal Mail, just let me know which form you would like the information.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Requirements to host an Autogeek's Roadshow Class

Hey Mike sent you a email a couple months ago. I can send it again if you need.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Mike Phillips

Re: Requirements to host an Autogeek's Roadshow Class

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaG View Post

Hey Mike sent you a email a couple months ago. I can send it again if you need.

I have the e-mail and "yes" we're interested in a shop location in Alabama!