autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Waxstock Detailing Class! - Show Car Detailing with Mike Phillips at Waxstock - Friday, July 22nd!

Waxstock Detailing Class! - Show Car Detailing with Mike Phillips at Waxstock - Friday, July 22nd!

Announcement: Waxstock VIP Special Guests for 2016 - Mike Phillips and Yancy Martinez

I'm excited to announce that Yancy and I are heading to Waxstock 2016! That's right! We're making the trip across the pond to visit all our detailing friends and peers in the U.K.!

For the last few years I've always wanted to attend Waxstock to check out the European detailing scene and it's exciting to announce that this year all the pieces fell into place to make our visit a reality. I've been a member of DetailingWorld.co.uk since 2007 as a regular contributor to their detailing discussion forum and through their forum, the AutogeekOnline.net, Autopia.or and MeguiarsOnline.com forums plus Facebook I've made thousands of friends that I'll finally have a chance to meet and as we say in the forum world, a chance to put a face to an avatar!

Schedule

Tuesday, July 19th - Leave Palm Beach Airport for Charlotte Carolina and then to London.

Wednesday, July 20th - Arrive into the London Heathrow airport.

Thursday, Jul 21st - Head to Buff Monkey's Detail Shop to meet the crew at Buff Monkey and set-up for the detailing class.

Friday, July 22nd - Conduct a full-day detailing class at the Buff Monkey Garage.

Saturday, July 23rd - Capture video and do interviews with vendors and detailers during setup day for Waxstock.

Sunday, July 24th - Waxstock 2016! The fun starts at 9:30am and goes to 4:30pm. I'll have two 45 minute presentations on the main stage and book signings at the Motor Geek booth.

Monday, July 25th - Say goodbye to all our friends and make the journey back home to Autogeek's headquarters in Stuart, Florida.

Detailing Class - Show Car Detailing with Mike Phillips at Waxstock

The art of polishing paint to perfection!

Date: Friday July 22nd

Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm

Buff Monkeys
    Unit J1
    Peek Business Centre
    Dunmow Road
    Bishop's Storford
    CM23 5RG

Price: 100.00 GBP (about $150.00 in U.S. dollars)

Note: This class is limited to the first 25 people to sign-up

Topics covered,
    • Evaluating the customer - Just as important if not more important than evaluating the paint.
    • Evaluating the paint.
    • How to use and fill out a VIF Form - VIF = Vehicle Inspection Form
    • How to use the aggressive method to wash and prep a car for machine polishing
    • How to correctly tape-off a car for sanding and polishing.
    • How to measure paint thickness using a Paint Thickness Gauge or PTG
    • How to determine paint hardness and why this is important?
    • Wet sanding by hand - Techniques for sanding by hand to remove orange peel and other surface imperfections
    • Wet sanding by machine - Techniques for sanding with a dual action polisher to refine hand sanding marks or instead of hand sanding.
    • Rotary buffer techniques - How to use a rotary buffer to remove 100% of the sanding marks.
    • Orbital Posher techniques - How to use an orbital polisher to restore gloss and clarity for a perfect hologram-free finish.
    • Machine waxing techniques - How to seal the paint by machine.
    • Jeweling techniques – For those that love the rotary buffer, how to jewel the paint to perfection.
    • Paint coatings - How to properly prep paint and apply paint coatings.

Plus I'll share a lifetime of tips and techniques that I normally only shares in my 3-day Competition Ready Detailing Classes at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida in the United States.

If you're in driving or flying distance of Bishop's Storford then clear your schedule and make plans to be at the first Mike Phillips Competition Ready Detailing Class sponsored by Autogeek and Waxstock.

Mike Phillips

Re: Waxstock Detailing Class! - Show Car Detailing with Mike Phillips at Waxstock - Friday, July 22nd!

Thank you!

Myself and everyone here at Autogeek would like to say thank you to our host companies and their staff.

Be sure to visit and "like" their Facebook pages!

Waxstock Facebook Page

BuffMonkeys Facebook Page

MotorGeek Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waxstock Detailing Class! - Show Car Detailing with Mike Phillips at Waxstock - Friday, July 22nd!

You guys should have flown out of Miami, there are at least 5 or 6 daily non stop flights to London.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post

You guys should have flown out of Miami, there are at least 5 or 6 daily non stop flights to London.
    Miami airport? --> Ugh I'll do just about anything to avoid flying into or out of Miami airport. Same thing goes for LAX.

I love PBI - it's small and efficient. Easy and fast to get into and out of. Miami? No way.

Last time I flew into Miami I flew in from Arizona to Miami to be a part of the Ferdinand Magellan Railcar detailing project with Joe Fernandez. He flew into the Miami airport too and we both feel the same way, it's the worst airport in the U.S. and neither of us use it unless it's a "have to" issue.

Have at it Jaret...

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know, my experience with MIA has not been that bad. Far from one of the worst airports in the country. Id rather avoid time in airports all together and would rather go out of Miami and take a non stop flight from MIA to LHR than have a stop over. Also, you are probably going to be flying on American and my guess on an older USAir jet which were tired. Virgin Atlantic from Miami to LHR on a dreamliner is the way to go!

Mike Phillips

Back on topic....

Woohoo!

We're going to Waxstock!

Post Thanks / Like

Say hello to PJ for me! and Mr. Skittles!

Mike Phillips

Definitely.

I'm really looking forward to this experience. Of course I'll be showing all the tools available in their country plus products sold by Motor Geek.

More info to come....

Post Thanks / Like

hello back at ya 8)

Post Thanks / Like

well I called my boss, asked for the time off to attend and of course he said yes! so i will be attending in London ROAD TRIP!!!

how do i go about booking a place?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast