autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class - Saturday, April 18th 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

Sorry Mike, I hope I didn't put my foot in it posting that?
    Not at all...

This class sounds like another "must do" type deal. Roll on Autogeek!
    Florida is the pinnacle of boating here in America and I'm confident that our boat detailing classes will be just as successful as our car detailing classes.

This first class is one day, from 9:00am to 4:00pm. We're going to cover a lot of material and use a lot of cool tools. I think the pictures from this class will tell the story.

I can't wait for the combo deal - Boot Camp - Marine Boot Camp - Detail Fest - Cars & Coffee & a Thursday night project all in a two week space . . . hint hint!

Aaryn NZ.

Now that would be something... it would also be exhausting....

Post Thanks / Like

Very excited to see this unfold. Mike, would this be another 1st for detailing? A boat detailing class & its going to be posted on a/this forum?

Like I've said, I don't do alot of boats but the boating scene here in the Marlborough Sounds is very popular, obviously not as big as Florida but per population we could hold our own.

No body here is doing any serious boat detailing & as I do not advertise at all, theres possibly a big market here.

Like our cars here in New Zealand, boats are pretty neglected too though - quite often to the point where you would think they were carved from chalk.

Very keen to see this class unfold & I'm sure some learning to be had from reading about it. Not going to be as much as attending this class & certainly nowhere near as fun but some very useful information to be gained.

I would love to be there for this but maybe another time.

All the best for the class guys - I guarantee it will be a success. Look forward to the updates.

Aaryn NZ.

Mike Phillips

Very excited to see this unfold.

Mike, would this be another 1st for detailing?

A boat detailing class & its going to be posted on a/this forum?

To my knowledge the answer is yes to the first question and definitely yes to the second question.

All the best for the class guys - I guarantee it will be a success.

Look forward to the updates.

Aaryn NZ.
    We'll be taking pictures and sharing hopefully the week after the class.

Mike Phillips

Here's the 26' Regulator the class will be detailing this Saturday....

Post Thanks / Like

Nice.

A great canvas you have there Mike. Oxidisation, looks to be some rotary trails there too. 26 feet of polishing coming up!

I'm guessing by the looks of the outboards on the back of that - someone likes to get to the fish pretty quick!

I'm excited for this class. I'm not even gonna be there. Not long now guys - Enjoy!

Aaryn NZ.

Mike Phillips

Nice.

A great canvas you have there Mike. Oxidization, looks to be some rotary trails there too.
    Good eye Aaryn.

Most boats have holograms for two reasons.

1. Most if not all boat manufacturers only use rotary buffers when buffing out their finished product.

2. Most if not all boat owners only use rotary buffers when buffing out their personal boats.

3. Most if not all boat detailing businesses only use rotary buffers on their customer's boats.

I wrote an article on this topic.... as of this morning it has over 16,000 views so it must be touching a nerve in the boat world somewhere...

Holograms in gel-coat boats by Mike Phillips

Here at Autogeek/Marine 31 we don't do things the way they've always been done. We don't leave holograms in the boats we detail.

It requires an extra step, the right tools and a foam pad.

I'm guessing by the looks of the outboards on the back of that - someone likes to get to the fish pretty quick!

I'm excited for this class. I'm not even gonna be there. Not long now guys - Enjoy!

Aaryn NZ.
    Bert over at Ship Shape TV told me on the market this boat is worth around $70,000.00 the way it's outfited plus the brand and hull size and design.

Not a bad learning boat for our class tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

I sure am glad there will be help detailing this. I had a long day with 5 cars today. One of the guys from today has a boat and is waiting for me to get back from this class to detail it for him. I took forever to pick a name for my business and i still like it but hmm Artistry Auto Detailing may need a tweak after this class. What a great boat to start on and Thank you Autogeek for the opportunity to learn some new skills.

https://www.facebook.com/ArtistryAutoDetailing

Artistry Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wagner View Post
    I sure am glad there will be help detailing this. I had a long day with 5 cars today. One of the guys from today has a boat and is waiting for me to get back from this class to detail it for him. I took forever to pick a name for my business and i still like it but hmm Artistry Auto Detailing may need a tweak after this class. What a great boat to start on and Thank you Autogeek for the opportunity to learn some new skills.

https://www.facebook.com/ArtistryAutoDetailing

Artistry Auto Detailing

Enjoy Jeff!

Very cool & unique opportunity this class is. At 26ft - theres plenty of time spent doing the hands on work on this one.

Bet that red is gonna pop when you guys have finished with her. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Have a great time Jeff & all your class mates too.

Aaryn NZ.

Post Thanks / Like

Aaryn the class was fun and i got a gel coat education. The boat was nice and we knocked it out pretty quick. I will be ordering some Marine 31 stuff and see what i can do. This is exactly what i needed to learn before adding boats to my business. The class was full of good people. Plus its always nice to work with Mike and Nick. Here is a shot Nick took of me soaking everyone with the hose
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class - Saturday, April 18th 2015-boatclass-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear Jeff!

Hahaha, great picture! I'm guessing, having been there in winter & being rather tropical - that getting hit with the hose would've been quite refreshing.

Agreed! Working with Mike & Nick is awesome. How many in the class Jeff? Car guys? Boat guys? A mix of both? I thought this class would be great, pleased you let me know it was! Boats on the menu at Artistry Auto Detailing!

Thank you for the update Jeff.

Aaryn NZ.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast