autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Video: First Training Boat Arrived - The REAL DEAL Boat Detailing Classes

Video: First Training Boat Arrived - The REAL DEAL Boat Detailing Classes

The below image is a VIDEO - cLicK on the image to see just how badly oxidized this training boat is...

Mike Phillips - First training boat for the 2020 Boat...

Next boat arrives sometime this week, I'll shoot a video to document how horrible it is too. These are the ONLY hands-on boat detailing classes on Planet Earth. Always in February. If you're kicking yourself for not attending this class then put it on your schedule for next year. It's not a mystery any more as to when we hold these classes.

For those taking the class, see you this coming Saturday.

Mike Phillips

Re: Video: First Training Boat Arrived - The REAL DEAL Boat Detailing Classes

Here’s a few before pictures

The PROLINE emblems are missing on this side - we still need to remove the foam and adhesive backing and then machine sand to remove the GHOSTING that will be in the gel-coat.

We will be removing the boat registration numbers and boat tag off both sides. The owner will replace.

With the garage door open and natural sunlight shining into the garage, the below picture accurately shows the level of oxidation.

This is how you want to frame-up a great BEFORE SHOT

We'll need to use a heat gun to remove the PRO-LINE emblem on this side.

The owner has given us permission to remove the Boot Stripe from the lower portion of the hull. This will take HOURS with a heat gun. If anyone arrives to Stuart on Friday and would like to tackle this please stop by Autogeek. I'll be in the garage setting up.

The Boot Stripe extends all the way around the boat.

To accurately show the oxidation level on the Port side of the boat, I'm using both SCANGRIP lights and the Griot's Swirl Finder Light in the pictures below.

This is the SCANGRIP light.

This is the Griot's Swirl Finder Light.

In my opinion and experience- the best way to learn how to detail a boat is to actually detail a boat.

This is why I always bring in dark colored boats in HORRIBLE condition. This way I can teach you everything,

3. Likes Loach liked this post
    Mike Phillips

If you're attending this class and reading this post, that means you have received the e-mail I sent you about this thread so you can see this boat and just how neglected it is.

We'll be removing the PROLINE emblems off the side of the hull and replacing them with NEW VINYL GRAPHICS on Sunday.

This is a real bonus for this class as this is a unique skill set that will come in real handy if you ever are asked to do this type of work.

Mike Phillips

Also....

In order to comply with the lease agreement - we need to ask everyone to park their vehicles where you see I've indicated in the picture below.

Thank you.