autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kamikaze Overcoat Sealant

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    I'm tempted to try the latest version of Kamikaze Overcoat as my primary protection this year. Don't feel like polishing and reapplying Can Coat lol. May just hop over to this. Been using Wet Coat on existing Can Coat so far.
    I used Overcoat v1 and v2. Back then the price was better and more reasonable.

At this point I just can’t see paying $100 for 10oz of a spray sealant.

2. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I used Overcoat v1 and v2. Back then the price was better and more reasonable.

At this point I just can’t see paying $100 for 10oz of a spray sealant.
    The price is a bit ridiculous.

This has replaced Todd C's all-time favorite, Cosmic Spritz.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s a nice product. I feel the V1 I got from BudgetPlan actually had better beading but v5 surpasses it in every other way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    It’s a nice product. I feel the V1 I got from BudgetPlan actually had better beading but v5 surpasses it in every other way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have you not run outta V1 yet? Didn't I ship that out to you 3 years ago or something like that? That stuff has to be 5 years old by now...

7. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Have you not run outta V1 yet? Didn't I ship that out to you 3 years ago or something like that? That stuff has to be 5 years old by now...
    Budget do you have any thoughts on the current Kamikaze Overcoat? How would it be as a standalone? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    Budget do you have any thoughts on the current Kamikaze Overcoat? How would it be as a standalone? Thanks!
    The new Over Coat has done *extremely* well for me, have been using it exclusively since early last Fall on my daily-driven Cayman (Winter driver too!).

Cayman has XPEL + Zipang on it, done Spring of 2021. Car didn’t get washed from 12/31/2022 to early March 2023 and OC was still working well; sides of car were grimy from driving, not much can be done about that in Winter but horizontal surfaces remained glossy & beading well, relative to it being ignored for 2+ months. Cleaned up easily when finally washed.

Although I haven’t run as a stand-alone I’d guess that it would work very well with a quick application after a wash every 2 months or so, probably longer, given reasonable maintenance in the interim. Like any LSP, true effective life depends on mileage, climate, maintenance & vehicle usage patterns more than the mere passage of time.

Product description notes ‘anti-fouling’ as opposed to the typical ‘self-cleaning’ and this seems to hold true; the car just doesn’t seem to collect as much persistent dirt since I started using it. It also notes that the formulation has some anti-static properties, dunno if that contributes. End of the day it could have grape jelly in it for all I care, it just works better for me than other things I’ve used; have half bottles of PA Cosmic & High Gloss that I haven’t touched since starting with OC 5 Kamikaze Overcoat Sealant.

Have been using OC since 2016 ( thanks Ronkh :angel: ) and this one, for my needs, really is the best yet by a large margin.

Like anything, effectiveness and ‘goodness’ depends on personal preferences and perceptions so YMMV!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, Uncbrs, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The new Over Coat has done *extremely* well for me, have been using it exclusively since early last Fall on my daily-driven Cayman (Winter driver too!).

Cayman has XPEL + Zipang on it, done Spring of 2021. Car didn’t get washed from 12/31/2022 to early March 2023 and OC was still working well; sides of car were grimy from driving, not much can be done about that in Winter but horizontal surfaces remained glossy & beading well, relative to it being ignored for 2+ months. Cleaned up easily when finally washed.

Although I haven’t run as a stand-alone I’d guess that it would work very well with a quick application after a wash every 2 months or so, probably longer, given reasonable maintenance in the interim. Like any LSP, true effective life depends on mileage, climate, maintenance & vehicle usage patterns more than the mere passage of time.

Product description notes ‘anti-fouling’ as opposed to the typical ‘self-cleaning’ and this seems to hold true; the car just doesn’t seem to collect as much persistent dirt since I started using it. It also notes that the formulation has some anti-static properties, dunno if that contributes. End of the day it could have grape jelly in it for all I care, it just works better for me than other things I’ve used; have half bottles of PA Cosmic & High Gloss that I haven’t touched since starting with OC 5 Kamikaze Overcoat Sealant.

Have been using OC since 2016 ( thanks Ronkh :angel: ) and this one, for my needs, really is the best yet by a large margin.

Like anything, effectiveness and ‘goodness’ depends on personal preferences and perceptions so YMMV!

Thank you. Sounds like a great product.

12. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The new Over Coat has done *extremely* well for me

have half bottles of PA Cosmic & High Gloss that I haven’t touched since starting with OC 5 Kamikaze Overcoat Sealant.
    Dang it! Ive had pa cosmic on my radar to try out soon. Now you have me rethinking...and to try overcoat insteadKamikaze Overcoat SealantKamikaze Overcoat Sealant

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

14. Likes BudgetPlan1, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Dang it! Ive had pa cosmic on my radar to try out soon. Now you have me rethinking...and to try overcoat insteadKamikaze Overcoat SealantKamikaze Overcoat Sealant

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Just doin my part to help foster ’Detailing Indecision’ Kamikaze Overcoat Sealant

16. Likes opie, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just doin my part to help foster ’Detailing Indecision’ Kamikaze Overcoat Sealant

The worst part is you enable the purchase AND then cause the indecision Kamikaze Overcoat Sealant

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

18. Likes BudgetPlan1, opie liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast