autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 30 of 141 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

Well, I nearly made it three years, but I tested positive for Covid last Sunday. I had symptoms within two days and was testing twice a day after being informed that I had been exposed. I caught it early though and at this stage, I don't think I passed it on to anyone else. Because I'm a Type 1 diabetic, I qualify for antivirals despite being out of the age limits for these meds. Let's just say, I was made to jump through hoops to get these meds despite being eligible, delaying the treatment. Just not good enough when we are this far into the pandemic and when there is a worthwhile treatment for the disease, and yet it's being guarded to limit the governments PBS costs. And in the process, the government want me to tell them I'm sick and fill out surveys so they can spy on me even more. Meanwhile, I bet those who make of these rules don't lose income when they get Covid, I lost a third of my wage this week from my own business, I can't pay myself sick leave! Thankfully, my case has been mild so far and I'm slowly getting some energy back to do a few things to take my mind off Covid.

So, yesterday it was a rinse-less wash of the XR6, using my favorite P&S Absolute and Bead Maker combination.

Today it was the Ranger which I decided to give McKee's N-914 another try. People rave about this product, but my initial uses didn't wow me. In no way is it an average product, once I used P&S Absolute, it sort of put N-914 further down my list.

Using Meguiar's Last Touch as a drying aid today.

McKee's N-914 redeemed itself today, although I still prefer ONR and Absolute.

Finishing off the rest of the car, the glass inside and out was attended to with Carpro Clarify, the interior freshened up with InnerQD and the tyres dressed with Adam's Graphene Tire Dressing.

Back to spec and a low impact task to take my mind off Covid for a couple of hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear you're unwell, sounds like it's not going to hit you too hard, thankfully. When Mum got it they gave her the anti virals as well, and they called her everyday to check on her condition. She's 82 and an asthmatic, so she was happy to be monitored. They even dropped off a blood oxygen tester, which she was supposed to return after she got better, but the return centre was always closed.

When I had it, I was a bit tired for one day, I had a funny throat for a week, and some foods tasted different for a little bit. The gastro I had a few weeks back hit me harder, I finally started putting weight back on this week.

Take it easy brother, don't push yourself too hard

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

3. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Feel better

5. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm starting to get addicted to rinse-less washing! This is especially so as I gain confidence in the method and the products.

The Jaguar has not been washed in months and has been sitting in storage for far too long. The car was covered in a thick layer of dust, so much so that looking out the windows, it was like there was smoke in the air. I again decided to pre-rinse the car with water.

I also gave the tyres an express scrub with some P&S Undressed. No extensive scrubbing here, just a quick spray into the brush, a quick pass with the brush and then rinsed with the hose.

Rinse-less product choice today was P&S Absolute with Paint Gloss as the drying aid. This combo was used on the paint, wheels and door jambs.

The interior got a quick wipe with InnerQD, the glass cleaned with Koch Chemie Speed Glass (really liking this stuff) and the tyres dressed with an old favorite, NV Onyx.

7. Likes The Guz, Big Dave, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In due time you’ll find th rinsing not necessary. I clean way dirtier cars than “really dusty”.

I was scared and confuse and couldn’t believe it wouldn’t mar but now I trust the science after a lot of usage.

Long as you pre treat your good to go.

Test for you on your work truck……try on one panel. No prerinse

You have Frothe correct? Use as a pretreat (spray panel let soak till becomes runny.

Rinseless with ONR or 914.

You don’t need to remove all foam in rinseless stage. Will assist drying stage.

Once rinseless done spray drying aid (try hydrate again)

That I feel is my favorite wash process on dirty cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Thanks DFB, opie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    In due time you’ll find th rinsing not necessary. I clean way dirtier cars than “really dusty”.

I was scared and confuse and couldn’t believe it wouldn’t mar but now I trust the science after a lot of usage.

Long as you pre treat your good to go.

Test for you on your work truck……try on one panel. No prerinse

You have Frothe correct? Use as a pretreat (spray panel let soak till becomes runny.

Rinseless with ONR or 914.

You don’t need to remove all foam in rinseless stage. Will assist drying stage.

Once rinseless done spray drying aid (try hydrate again)

That I feel is my favorite wash process on dirty cars.

I'm getting there in regard to trusting the science.

At the moment, I'm cycling through ONR, Absolute and N-914 but I also have some ECH20 to play with as well. Favorite so far is Absolute.

I'm really enjoying the experimentation with this process.

11. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I'm getting there in regard to trusting the science.

At the moment, I'm cycling through ONR, Absolute and N-914 but I also have some ECH20 to play with as well. Favorite so far is Absolute.

I'm really enjoying the experimentation with this process.
    If you don’t have Frothe can you get Adam’s. They have a foaming waterless too. I’d think you would appreciate the foam as a pretreat.

Post Thanks / Like

If you don’t have Frothe can you get Adam’s. They have a foaming waterless too. I’d think you would appreciate the foam as a pretreat.

This is the only Adam's rinse-less / waterless product they retail in Australia -

https://adamspolishes.com.au/collect...car-wash-16-oz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    This is the only Adam's rinse-less / waterless product they retail in Australia -

https://adamspolishes.com.au/collect...car-wash-16-oz
    Yeah don’t see it on AU site. Hopefully on it’s way. If you wanna kinda see my process watch Adam’s Foam+wash video on site. I was surprised to see amount of dirt on the car he washed.

Basically same process I told you about but using a Rinsless filled towel instead of a dry one. I will also start bottom up so rinseless doesn’t wash foam away. I only do one pass per side of towel so not worried about bringing dirt up.

15. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah don’t see it on AU site. Hopefully on it’s way. If you wanna kinda see my process watch Adam’s Foam+wash video on site. I was surprised to see amount of dirt on the car he washed.

Basically same process I told you about but using a Rinsless filled towel instead of a dry one. I will also start bottom up so rinseless doesn’t wash foam away. I only do one pass per side of towel so not worried about bringing dirt up.

That looks like impressive stuff.

17. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 30 of 141 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast